Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

So. That was ugly. Scouting was so bad that three routins plays to the left side had no one to field them. Scouting has been off for a long time. Since about 2017.

Renfro and Frazier need to be designated. They are slow. Bring up guys with a future. Loftin is incredibly slow. Not a great fielder. Had two infield singles that got him easily thrown out. Bring up Jirschele from Omaha. Give Q a watch and send him off.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm intrigued by the notion of trading Singer. At this point, if either Ragans or Lugo goes down it's over regardless. And I think, given Singer's performance and age and contract status, the return would be very strong. There are not really a lot of outfield bats on the way any time soon.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some good moves today. Alexander looks solid. Massey back. Isbel back. Ragans threw 27 pitches that were swung on without contact which was a season MLB high. Finally Vinnie hit a ball that seemed live. If anyone doubts some dead balls this year, watch the Texas series. Velazquez sent down. He is too slow with a low contact rate. Team looked pretty good tonight against decent pitching.
Too early to sell. Cleveland now playing good teams.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I’m not suggesting selling at all. Just dealing from strength. The lineup is too short.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Singer is solid though. Pitching a premium right now. Massey a huge return. They were 10-18 without him. About 14 over.500 when he plays. Loftin is a disappointment to me. That slow foot speed was costly on offense and defense.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:41 am Singer is solid though. Pitching a premium right now. Massey a huge return. They were 10-18 without him. About 14 over.500 when he plays. Loftin is a disappointment to me. That slow foot speed was costly on offense and defense.
That's the whole point.

You don't get the sort of outfield bat this team needs by dealing, like, Jordan Lyles. Or a non-prospect like Mozzicato.

I think Singer represents the most valuable asset that the Royals can afford to give up in search of what the club very badly needs - which is a corner outfielder who doesn't hit like a glove-first shortstop.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like Waters-though he is figuring it out in Omaha-Melendez and Isbel. Renfro is serviceable as a backup. Pratto maybe should be put out there in RF. Melendez has been spectacular defensively and is turning it back on with the bat (hitting coach issue IMHO). Isbel a solid bat and fielder. It may be that Alexander moves to RF when Massey is ready to field again. A big bat would be nice. But they say Alexander at 6-4 is a power guy. Some really smart moves by the GM in just a day and a half though. The pen? Hoping to keep shoring that up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

3B coach lost tonight's game. Royals not scoring runs and he stopped Garcia and caused Witt to be caught. Not hitting well, and Q made some stupid decisions. Defense has been bad based on his sketchy lineup decisions. No way Alexander should be at 3B over Garcia. Looks like he might have hurt Alexander's confidence too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Are we really letting some triple A scrub dictate this game?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Cleveland coming to town. Gonna need Jobu to wake up Royals bats.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hitting has been a problem. I think the coach has told them to take the first pitch (at least most of the team). It has put them in a hole and caused them to flail with two strikes. Hoping Q can actually fix something.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

7 more games at home.
Split with Cleveland and take 2 of 3 with Tampa and we ok.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Too many pitches Mr. Wacha.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Renfroe. lol.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Two triples in a row is much more exciting than 2 homers in a row.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Exciting game, but need to get more speed on the lineup. Hampson replacing Melendez could have backfired defensively. Long was nails tonight. Three more!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

After Renfro went into a homerun trot on a single to the shortest fence in the LF corner, looked to see if the MLB mixes in baseballs, live and dead, as I was positing earlier based on some wicked swings going nowhere and light swings hitting the seats. Looks like 2022:

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-reportedly ... 38661.html

Just a ton of disparity on distances. Offense is down across the league. "Goldilocks" balls do appear to be sprinkled in. MLB owns Rawlings and will never be very candid about changes.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I was pissed he was not running to make that a double. I dislike lazy baseball so much.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:32 am I was pissed he was not running to make that a double. I dislike lazy baseball so much.
He is so slow. I like his arm, but he is a double play generator
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Yeah he’s slow, he also did not run out of the box. It’s a peeve of mine