InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: Billion dollar ideas

Post by InfiniteJ »

Activated charcoal CBD.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:58 am I have a legit, bonafide, billion dollar idea.

I know this cuz my stone cold businessman dad who has otherwise shot down every single million dollar idea I’ve ever had even says so. The only issue he sees with it is that if anything the idea is TOO big.

It’s something that’s a step ahead of what direction markets are trending anyway. It reduces costs for suppliers and consumers alike.

It would require a bigger, trendier market tho, so sorry but I might not be able to move to a cabin in Montana with tdub after all.

soo how do I do it? Without any loosers stealing my idea first?
Sorry, I already had this idea. Let me save you the trouble - it's not going to work.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dangit.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

How about boxed ice? So, the exact same stuff you buy in bags in big freezers, but in boxes that are approximately the size of 12- and 24-packs of soda/beer.

One, I think you'd be able to store it more efficiently (geometry and all). Two, I know I'd prefer lugging around something predictably-shaped, with a handle, and that is not a threat to tip over in my trunk.

Note: By exploiting this idea for personal gain, you hereby grant JFish26 and his heirs, successors and assigns, (a) a twenty percent (20%) royalty on gross sales, expiring December 31, 2044, and (b) an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide royalty-free license to make use of the idea, for any purpose.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Related to your other thread, ice machines are expensive and break all the time. Margins are razor thin and most places use a vendor, making margins even more razor thin. So, the only way to make any money is to own a ton of machines, have the machines do all the work (make, bag, and store), and use cheap ass plastic bags.

I think you can buy blocked ice, though, and get out your pick.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

But see, I'm not suggesting block ice. I'm suggesting bagged ice, in boxes.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

That when the plastic bags melt or leak you have a disaster of a box with a handle that breaks and spills your boxed ice all over the parking lot, or back of your tahoe or what have you.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm That when the plastic bags melt or leak you have a disaster of a box with a handle that breaks and spills your boxed ice all over the parking lot, or back of your tahoe or what have you.
Ok, but how is this worse than the status quo?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:38 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm That when the plastic bags melt or leak you have a disaster of a box with a handle that breaks and spills your boxed ice all over the parking lot, or back of your tahoe or what have you.
Ok, but how is this worse than the status quo?
Its probably not. But noones going to pay a billion dollars for the status quo.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Right. That's why you need the ICEBOX.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Throw in a half rack of buckskin with each purchase and I'm an icebox buyer.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not exactly a billion-dollar idea (because it's just an iterative improvement that would move no new units), but...in iOS, you should really be able to identify which text you're responding to.

For instance, Mrs. Fish will send four texts in a row, about different things. I should be able to hold down on one of them, choose to respond to that text, and then somehow my text is tagged to the one I'm responding to (like they're shaded similarly or something).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That feature was just announced this past Monday for iOS 14, coming approximately September.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Just went for a loooooong walk along the lakeshore. A woman who was one of the 10 most beautiful women I have ever seen and had one of the 10 best female bodies I have ever seen was walking with another woman behind me. They passed me. I was in awe. Near Ohio Street the trail is closed so they turned around and then they were facing me as they were walking in the opposite direction. I guess the woman could read my mind because she actually smiled. Well, I guess if she could read my mind she would have puked and ran away. Regardless, I am 100% confident she had 0% interest in me.
So where/how does this lead to a billion dollar idea? I don't know. You tell me. I'll get the financial backing if you can convince me (and the investor/s) we can/will make a billion. I want that woman.
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sure it wasn't a coyote?
Deleted User 289

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:19 pm Sure it wasn't a coyote?
Come on. You're not going to say pics or it didn't happen? Of course creeper Grandma took a pic. Unfortunately it's from behind. I'll post it in a few minutes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe she would have sex with you if you paid her a billion dollars?

Boom! Another billion dollar idea in the books.

Just remember to video record it, so it’s a first amendment thing instead of prostitution.
Deleted User 289

Grandma wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:19 pm Sure it wasn't a coyote?
Come on. You're not going to say pics or it didn't happen? Of course creeper Grandma took a pic. Unfortunately it's from behind. I'll post it in a few minutes.
Clearly the woman on the left and obviously the photo does her no justice.

Few of the other pics (no one cares about) that I took on the walk.....

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

maybe once she earns that billion dollars she can finally afford a shirt.

But probably not one of CnB’s couches.
Deleted User 289

If I had her breasts I would flaunt them too.