Gutter's I am feeling lazy but what the heck, I'll ask 5 super quick questions for go fly a kite Saturday 7/27

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Gutter's I am feeling lazy but what the heck, I'll ask 5 super quick questions for go fly a kite Saturday 7/27

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:17 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:42 am
KUTradition wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:50 am
because i’ve never cared or kept track of the manufacturer of the planes i’ve flown on
Interesting. There really is no need to know but it's often been put in my face and I can't avoid knowing.
For example, if I book a flight on-line it always show the type of aircraft. In the not so distant old days when I get on the plane in the seat back pockets there were emergency instruction cards that said the type of aircraft I was on.
i’ve seen all the same info you cite, it’s just never occurred to me to draw any conclusions on my overall experience from whomever it was that made the plane

do you keep notes, or is your memory for such things just that good?
My memory is a cluster fuck. Little rhyme or reason.
Many things that I would like to think had no bearing on my life - I remember vividly. Basically photographic memory.
Other things I would like to think had a significant bearing on my life - I can't recall a single second of. Total blank.

As far as the planes, I recall the first time I was on an old school 747. HORRIBLE analogy but I assume it was similar to how people felt when they first saw and stepped foot on the Titanic.
Blew me away.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Re: Gutter's I am feeling lazy but what the heck, I'll ask 5 super quick questions for go fly a kite Saturday 7/27

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I’m a nerd about planes from my time having them fly over my house constantly.

Equate it (though not to the level) of Sheldon and trains on Big Bang Theory.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Specifically about the kite, I had not flown a kite in over a decade until this summer.

I have flown kites three times and now own one.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve always wanted to get nice one

always wanted to try a box one as well
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1. Which of the following airplanes is/was your favorite to fly on?

I have no memory of any specific plane type.

2. Have you ever been INSIDE the U.S. Capitol building?

No

3. Name an athlete you have never met but would like to meet.

Willie Mays

4. Can you truthfully answer YES to ANY of the 3 following questions?
a. Did you ever own a TV that was NOT a remote controlled TV?

Yes, the first several we had when I was a kid required turning a knob on the set to choose one of the other 3 channels.

b. Do you CURRENTLY own a Sony Walkman/Discman?

Yes, a Walkman. Weirdly, I just saw it a few days ago rummaging around in a box in my basement.

c. Do you or any members of your family living in your home currently own a Schwinn bicycle?

No.

5. If you have ever flown a kite, when (or approximately when) was the last time you flew a kite?

Just a few weeks ago. We do it probably a half dozen times a year. I enjoy it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

1. I have no idea
2. No
3. Mohammad Ali
4. a. Of course, we were the "remote"
b. No
c. No, although that's all I owned, as a kid.
5. 8 years?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

How did I miss this?

1) I remember the 727 being comfortable.
2) Yes, we were touring the Senate the day Dick Nixon resigned. They kicked everyone out while the teevee guys were setting up cameras.
3) Chuck
4) a. Yes
b. No
c. No
Broham