Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: What music does everyone listen to?

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’s a TOOL day
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, Aenima was the defacto anthem stuck in my head when the shit started hitting the fan a month ago.

"Some say the end is near..."
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I was thinking more about Vicarious lyrics when this started becoming such hot television
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Huge fan of Susan Tedeschi

Bonus points for sharing a John Prine song!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Just watched the video Gutter. I love how unabashed she is, it reminds me of my granddaughters, 9 & 6, who still dance and sing their hearts out, as if no one is looking.

Would that it were ever so.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
shindig

Post by shindig »

Recently discovered Sturgill Simpson, thought it was Waylon Jennings at first. Definite throwback to 70's country, some good tunes.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Feral - You are truly blessed to have granddaughters and I assume they bring you great joy.
The video was extremely moving to me because of several reasons. I'm not going to elaborate but Grant shouldn't be alive today. I know how much he loves his wife and daughter and to see him and his daughter sharing their love of music is special to me.
Deleted User 289

Listened to and watched most of the first set of the Dead & Company 11/14/17 show from Madison Square Garden last night.
Put on headphones (nothing special - Audio Technica ATH-M50Xs) and the sound of the show was great.
First two songs were as tight (tight in a good way) as I have heard them. Hell in a Bucket and Cold Rain and Snow. Mayer was phenomenal and the rest of the band was outstanding. If you pay attention, you can see the band members looking at each other and acknowledging that they know they are "on".
Third song - WHOOPS! Bobby said "We're pulling an audible". Probably shouldn't have. Bobby forgot many if not most of the lyrics to Me and My Uncle.
Brown Eyed Woman and Tennessee Jed were very good but kind of "typical".
Bird Song was very enjoyable.
I didn't listen to/watch Women Are Smarter.

When I saw them December 28th, while there were some great moments, I thought in the first set they were definitely "off" as a whole. 2nd Set was better.
I would be interested to know what other's thought about the 11/14/17 show - and the 12/28/19 show.

11/14/17 To get a better feel - I suggest you listen with decent/good/great headphones.
You have to fast forward about 4 minutes in before it begins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRRNu1CD4AM
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:32 pm it’s a TOOL day
Well, everyday is a TOOL day. Spiral out
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

shindig wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:05 am Recently discovered Sturgill Simpson, thought it was Waylon Jennings at first. Definite throwback to 70's country, some good tunes.
Sturgill is good. Tyler childers is good and Ryan Bingham is good for newer music.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Finding the love affair for Miley interesting. Consensus is she killed it - in a good way. Thought it was "good", didn't "love" it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUYo8xQ ... e=emb_logo
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

somebody mentioned this elsewhere but I'm just putting it here.

when I first heard Post Malone covered Nirvana I thought, wtf.

But a cursory listen suggests it's actually...not bad?

and in high school I thought Travis Barker was an assclown, just cuz I thought Blink 182 collectively were assclowns. But I've come to enjoy him more and more, and respect that he's still playing, and has grown his career across genres while still just being some skinny tatted punk. He brings that no frills, high energy, force of nature style to drumming, which is exactly what a Nirvana tribute needs. (Dave Grohl is a much better drummer than frontman)

and here's another thing I gotta admit: I think this is the first time I've ever heard Post Malone. He's not really what I expected. I like his blouse?

https://youtu.be/f7eaGcIyhPU
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Grandma wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:25 am Finding the love affair for Miley interesting. Consensus is she killed it - in a good way. Thought it was "good", didn't "love" it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUYo8xQ ... e=emb_logo

I liked it.
Defense. Rebounds.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:38 pm
shindig wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:05 am Recently discovered Sturgill Simpson, thought it was Waylon Jennings at first. Definite throwback to 70's country, some good tunes.
Sturgill is good. Tyler childers is good and Ryan Bingham is good for newer music.
Yes. Yes. And yes. Whatever they call this genre of music, it’s my new favorite. Add the turnpike troubadours to your list.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:15 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:38 pm
Yes. Yes. And yes. Whatever they call this genre of music, it’s my new favorite. Add the turnpike troubadours to your list.
Whiskey myers, stony larue, cody johnson
Just Ledoux it