COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
zsn
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by zsn »

It’s people such as these who make you wonder if the anti evolution crowd may actually have a point 😄
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

When convinced guns were marginalized by the pandemic for the time being, becoming a victim of good public health policy was the next sure-fire attention getter for the tantrum party. Religion, freedom, hatred of science—anti-masking makes them feel all tingly.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Almost everyone wears their mask when they are supposed to. The narrative that they do not is old, tired and holds no water anymore.

Almost everyone is doing exactly as we are told. Yet the fungus rages on. Maybe the fungus doesn’t care.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:00 am Almost everyone wears their mask when they are supposed to. The narrative that they do not is old, tired and holds no water anymore.

Almost everyone is doing exactly as we are told. Yet the fungus rages on. Maybe the fungus doesn’t care.
It holds a shit ton of water. Because there are still plenty of people out there who straight don't wear masks regardless of situation and will even ridicule those who do wear masks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:02 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:00 am Almost everyone wears their mask when they are supposed to. The narrative that they do not is old, tired and holds no water anymore.

It holds a shit ton of water. Because there are still plenty of people out there who straight don't wear masks regardless of situation and will even ridicule those who do wear masks.
I understand that this is the party line narrative that you’s have been instructed to peddle. But I am out in the real world. I know better.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:08 am

I understand that this is the party line narrative that you’s have been instructed to peddle. But I am out in the real world. I know better.
The numbers speak for themselves.

There is uncontrolled community spread, which there simply would not be if people were in fact "doing exactly as [they] are told."

It is true in my experience also that compliance is very good in places like grocery stores and shops, and even restaurants and airports.

But, it doesn't take many maskless house parties, or crowded bars, to undo the majority's good behavior.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lol at MICH thinking he lives in the real world.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

There is uncontrolled community spread because the sickness is gonna do what the sickness is gonna do. We know this now.

They can lock us down. Pile up the restrictions. Kill the economy. The sickness don’t care.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:08 am

I belong to no party and therefore don't have a party line.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 am There is uncontrolled community spread because the sickness is gonna do what the sickness is gonna do. We know this now.

They can lock us down. Pile up the restrictions. Kill the economy. The sickness don’t care.
We are so screwed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:40 am There is uncontrolled community spread because the sickness is gonna do what the sickness is gonna do. We know this now.

But, to believe your idiocy, the sickness do care about borders.

How else to explain why we've got it so much worse than South Korea or Australia or New Zealand.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m convinced...mich lives in lala land
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

This is from today.

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:07 am i’m convinced...mich lives in lala land
Geographically, I'm pretty sure he lives in Michigan.
Mentally, he clearly lives in Ignorantfuckland.
Deleted User 289

Sitting in a doctor’s office waiting room. Asshole jabbing away on the phone (about how much the Bears suck)with his mask pulled down. I didn’t say anything. He gets off the call and I say, “Excuse me sir, I don’t want to be a mask policeman but you’re sitting in a doctor’s office without your mask on and it’s required that you wear a mask”.
His response - “Worry about yourself”. Well..... Obviously not a smart thing to say to me. I started to go off on him but was able to stop myself. Instead I simply went to the reception desk and narced on him. Receptionist politely told him he needed to wear a mask. He refused to do it despite the mask being on his face but pulled down. Two minutes later, security comes. He finally put his fucking mask on.
This is example #675,364,854 of my being known to say - This is the country I live in.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think it would have been ok for you to say, “but sir, I am worrying about myself....

...and yeah da bears suck”

but that’s pretty cool that security came about it.
Deleted User 289

I started to say just that - "I am worried about myself". I would have added the fact that I am a "care giver" to an elderly person who relies on me - and for me to be healthy. I realized he wouldn't give a shit.
What pissed me off about it is he was sitting within about 6 feet of two people who looked to be in their 70s and they seemed to be uncomfortable but too afraid to say anything to him.

Now the funny flip side of this was that about an hour ago I was walking outside Neiman Marcus and a shitload of cops cars pulled up. A "shoplifting ring" of multiple people. Cops got two of them. The two guys were of course - wearing masks.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

California doing a large stay-at-home order. Dividing state into regions and those regions will be more open/shut depending on each regions numbers. Smart thing they are doing. I like the dividing of regions.

Interesting to see how it works.

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:00 pm California doing a large stay-at-home order. Dividing state into regions and those regions will be more open/shut depending on each regions numbers. Smart thing they are doing. I like the dividing of regions.

Interesting to see how it works.
unfortunately, it’ll probably work about as well as that plan has for country at large

short-term there might be some positive trends, but it’ll likely blow right back up in a few weeks
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I understand that, but California was also really aggressive with this from the start and prevented far greater deaths than what could have happened.

I mean, nothing is going to subside completely until a vaccine happens, but it's just as good to help stop the steep increase.