Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/02/business ... index.html

"At least five prominent Russian businessmen have reportedly died by suicide since late January, with three of them allegedly killing members of their families before taking their own lives.

Four of those six were linked to the Russian state-owned energy giant Gazprom or one of its subsidiaries, while the other two were associated with Lukoil, Russia’s largest privately owned oil and gas company.

Earlier this year, the company took the unusual public stance of speaking out against Russia’s war in Ukraine, calling for sympathy for the victims, and for the end of the conflict."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:26 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/02/business ... index.html

"At least five prominent Russian businessmen have reportedly died by suicide since late January, with three of them allegedly killing members of their families before taking their own lives.

Four of those six were linked to the Russian state-owned energy giant Gazprom or one of its subsidiaries, while the other two were associated with Lukoil, Russia’s largest privately owned oil and gas company.

Earlier this year, the company took the unusual public stance of speaking out against Russia’s war in Ukraine, calling for sympathy for the victims, and for the end of the conflict."
another one… (in my best DJ Khaled impression)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64101437.amp

also critical of putin’s war
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Such tragedy he slip out vindow
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know I've said I want this thread to go away - and I do!

but I also have two questions that are best asked in this thread, one of which precisely involves this thread going away.

but the first question is: this has to be an Onion headline, right?

Please tell me this is an Onion headline.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/preside ... 00962.html

President Biden warns that the risk of nuclear 'Armageddon' is at its highest point since the Cuban Missile Crisis — 3 top stocks to consider if tensions keep rising
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Is it something in the vodka they drink? What the fuck is wrong with these people? Between Kadyrov and Prigozhin they are shooting almost as many of their own as they are Ukrainians. Most likely that is because they found out they were "nazis".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ation.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sigh.

add "downplaying nazis" to the long list of reasons this thread sucks.

my second question was actually gonna be about yet another notorious Russian propaganda outlet:

The prime minister of Israel.

Naftali Bennett recently offered an Israeli media station the hot take that he traveled to Moscow in the early days of the war in an attempt to broker a peace deal.

(remember when I said I wish other world leaders would be the grownup in the room and play that role?)

He almost got one, too, apparently - supposedly Russia agreed to knock off the whole "demilitarize and denazify" bullshit and call an end to invading Ukraine, if Ukraine agreed to not join NATO.

Would you make that deal?

Bennett wanted to make that deal. Putin wanted to make that deal. Zelensky wanted to make that deal too.

But, according to Bennett, guess who didn't want to make that deal:

NATO.

rather than ask about that tho, let's scrap that question, just to leave it at this:

Seymour Hersh lulz.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

how many times are you going to repeat the same debunked talking points?

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/24/10730150 ... -diplomacy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

cuz this time around, it's not me repeating them.

it's other world leaders repeating them.

and, new the party, it's Poo-licker prize winning journalists repeating them too.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you should change your password if your kcrim account has been hacked
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:18 am how many times are you going to repeat the same debunked talking points?
It's sad.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Again, I struggle to understand how you guys can so stubbornly insist upon some state-prescribed narrative, while confidently rejecting every single everything else otherwise.

But, sorry, I shoulda known better.

I’d say we should just put this thread back to bed.

But maybe it’s worth a new angle yet:

How’s the whole Ukraine war thing gonna play out in 2024?

(Assuming the world is still around…fingers crossed)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also, heads up trad:

You’re on team illy in this thread.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:01 am sigh.

add "downplaying nazis" to the long list of reasons this thread sucks.

my second question was actually gonna be about yet another notorious Russian propaganda outlet:

The prime minister of Israel.

Naftali Bennett recently offered an Israeli media station the hot take that he traveled to Moscow in the early days of the war in an attempt to broker a peace deal.

(remember when I said I wish other world leaders would be the grownup in the room and play that role?)

He almost got one, too, apparently - supposedly Russia agreed to knock off the whole "demilitarize and denazify" bullshit and call an end to invading Ukraine, if Ukraine agreed to not join NATO.

Would you make that deal?

Bennett wanted to make that deal. Putin wanted to make that deal. Zelensky wanted to make that deal too.

But, according to Bennett, guess who didn't want to make that deal:

NATO.

rather than ask about that tho, let's scrap that question, just to leave it at this:

Seymour Hersh lulz.
It's "not believing that any of the Russian moral depravity and war crime atrocities have anything to with nazis" not "downplaying nazis".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know!

That’s why I’ve maintained all along that Russia’s rhetoric is bullshit. Remember? (Including, ironically enough, in the very post you just quoted!)

But also please notice, I’ve purposefully avoiding bringing anything up new about Nazis in this thread.

It was Japhy who otherwise offered the unprompted new take about “Nazis.” Dunno why.

My angle now is, and has been, more so that the Merican/nato rhetoric is bullshit too. It’s the michhawks who keep freaking out about that.

I mean, if it really can be demonstrated that Merica blew up Nordstrom, what’s that say?

US (a nato ally) and Norway (a nato ally) allegedly blew up Germany’s (a nato ally) pipeline.

What the fuck kind of alliance is that?

It’s an act the US threatened for months, until it happened, at which point they blamed Russia, and you guys lapped it right up.

once again, the whole thing reeks of “WMDs in Iraq” vibes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:49 am Also, heads up trad:

You’re on team illy in this thread.
if you say so

it might be semantic, but i’d say illy is on my team in this thread

i’ll say again, for the umpteenth time: i agree with your general anti-war premise…i just don’t think it’s rooted in reality

actually, it’s much like your continued insistence that there wasn’t enough diplomacy prior to the war…facts just don’t support that assertion, whether you’re making it directly, or posting about what a rando world leader said he allegedly did.

putin wanted this war to cement some sort of legacy of reuniting the old empire. maybe i’m wrong, but i seriously doubt Ukraine joining NATO or not would’ve changed the eventual course of things. look no further than russias meddling in former union republics for the past 20 years

why did russia invade crimea? hint: by their own admission it had zero to do with NATO
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:12 am I mean, if it really can be demonstrated that Merica blew up Nordstrom, what’s that say?

US (a nato ally) and Norway (a nato ally) allegedly blew up Germany’s (a nato ally) pipeline.

What the fuck kind of alliance is that?

It’s an act the US threatened for months, until it happened, at which point they blamed Russia, and you guys lapped it right up.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:18 am how many times are you going to repeat the same debunked talking points?

Exactly what talking points were debunked?

And what did we offer in the way of diplomacy?

It mentions Russia demanding Ukraine not joint nato. Did we offer that?

It also mentions during the same time as these diplomatic talks we were offering hundreds of millions in military aid to Ukraine. Is that diplomacy?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:25 am Again, I struggle to understand how you guys can so stubbornly insist upon some state-prescribed narrative, while confidently rejecting every single everything else otherwise.

But, sorry, I shoulda known better.

I’d say we should just put this thread back to bed.

1. That's not what is happening here.

And

2. Maybe YOU should put this thread to bed.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:26 am

Exactly what talking points were debunked?

And what did we offer in the way of diplomacy?

It mentions Russia demanding Ukraine not joint nato. Did we offer that?

It also mentions during the same time as these diplomatic talks we were offering hundreds of millions in military aid to Ukraine. Is that diplomacy?
This can't possibly be a serious post.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Remember when Russia said if Ukraine would give up Nuclear capabilities it promised not to invade them?
Just Ledoux it