Weather

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

97 degrees. 60% humidity. Sunshine.
I'm not a heat index guy but for those who are - it's a 110 to 115 degree heat index.
I'm watching mother fuckers jogging and ridding bikes for exercise.
WTF is wrong with people?

P.S. This is kind of cool...
"Lake level observations and reports from local media suggest a seiche is occurring over southern Lake Michigan. A seiche is when storms push water to one side of the lake and then the water sloches back to the other side. This can result in quick fluctuations in lake levels of up to 1 to 2 feet".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1-2 feet? that's a tremendous amount of water when considering the surface area of that lake
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Very cool, never heard of it before.

Seiches are typically caused when strong winds and rapid changes in atmospheric pressure push water from one end of a body of water to the other. When the wind stops, the water rebounds to the other side of the enclosed area. The water then continues to oscillate back and forth for hours or even days.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Shirley wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:09 pm Very cool, never heard of it before.

Seiches are typically caused when strong winds and rapid changes in atmospheric pressure push water from one end of a body of water to the other. When the wind stops, the water rebounds to the other side of the enclosed area. The water then continues to oscillate back and forth for hours or even days.
A near daily occurrence in lakes like Tahoe, Crater, Flathead
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 9:09 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:09 pm Very cool, never heard of it before.

A near daily occurrence in lakes like Tahoe, Crater, Flathead
Really? crazy, I didn't know that.

I've been fortunate to be around both Crater and Flathead when they were both glassy and beautiful.

I have however been on Lake Mcdonald in Glacier when it was rolling 6-8 ft swells. That was a rough go.
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Tahoe gets super rough almost every evening around 4-5 pm.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Videos do it a lot more justice than the pics do. I'll try and post videos after these.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pretty cool
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

my first thought was those look like Ghostbusters clouds
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

38 this morning...92 this afternoon.

I much prefer the mornings
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Fantastic pictures Gutter. What a cloud bank you captured!
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:14 am 38 this morning...92 this afternoon.

I much prefer the mornings
What a swing. I'd prefer mornings too.

Here it gets up to 92-93 and then we hope it drops below 80 overnight... For months.
Derek Cressman
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Phoenix hits new record of 100 straight days above 100 degrees. Yeah!

How long before the population inflow, turns into an outflow?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

my god that's the definition of hell to me
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That was basically central Texas last year. It is time to get back to Kansas. . . .
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:40 am Phoenix hits new record of 100 straight days above 100 degrees. Yeah!

as long as the Colorado still has enough water?

too often, we are such a dumb people
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:31 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:40 am Phoenix hits new record of 100 straight days above 100 degrees. Yeah!

The Colorado does not have enough water and the seven States in the water shed agreed to cuts (biggest cuts in AZ and CA as I recall) and signed a short term deal regarding usage last year. But that deal ends in 2026, and the 30 native American tribes who hold water rights will also be at the negotiating table in 2026. One river and 40 million people to share in the water.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:13 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:31 pm

The Colorado does not have enough water and the seven States in the water shed agreed to cuts (biggest cuts in AZ and CA as I recall) and signed a short term deal regarding usage last year. But that deal ends in 2026, and the 30 native American tribes who hold water rights will also be at the negotiating table in 2026. One river and 40 million people to share in the water.
40 million and growing…and that’s not to mention the bit-coin mining operations taking hold in the phoenix valley

i’m just waiting to hear that they’re starting almond farms there, too
Last edited by KUTradition on Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it's 101 again here.....this must stop I'm not built for this heat for this long
Just Ledoux it