Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by zsn »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:48 pm In all fairness....the line between the US and USSR is a tad blurry right now.
FTW!!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This is the man who represents America to the world. SMFH. Apparently, we're clueless, and classless.

The president had hoped to surprise the parents of dead British teen Harry Dunn with a meeting with the woman who killed him—all in front of the media.

Grieving Parents ‘Ambushed’ by Trump, Who Had Teen’s Killer Waiting at White House

The Dunn family, now in the United States to drum up support to send Sacoolas back to the U.K. to face justice, had accepted an “urgent” invitation by the White House from National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, to visit Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. Trump, it seems, thought he could convince the Dunns to meet the woman who killed their son, and would do so by opening a side door through which she would walk. The whole scene would be captured by a pool of photographers who had been summoned for the meeting.

But the Dunns would have none of it and refused to meet her. Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said that the family felt “ambushed” when the “bombshell” was dropped that Sacoolas was next door.

They had envisioned meeting her one day, but as Seiger told The Daily Beast, “only on British soil” and “only with mediators, counselors, and their legal team in tow.”

[...]
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

He's an idiot.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:11 am This is the man who represents America to the world. SMFH. Apparently, we're clueless, and classless.

The president had hoped to surprise the parents of dead British teen Harry Dunn with a meeting with the woman who killed him—all in front of the media.

Grieving Parents ‘Ambushed’ by Trump, Who Had Teen’s Killer Waiting at White House

The Dunn family, now in the United States to drum up support to send Sacoolas back to the U.K. to face justice, had accepted an “urgent” invitation by the White House from National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, to visit Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. Trump, it seems, thought he could convince the Dunns to meet the woman who killed their son, and would do so by opening a side door through which she would walk. The whole scene would be captured by a pool of photographers who had been summoned for the meeting.

But the Dunns would have none of it and refused to meet her. Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said that the family felt “ambushed” when the “bombshell” was dropped that Sacoolas was next door.

They had envisioned meeting her one day, but as Seiger told The Daily Beast, “only on British soil” and “only with mediators, counselors, and their legal team in tow.”

[...]
Well, at least Van Jones knows that the President is at least aware of his "The Redemption Project" show on CNN.

What a freaking clown. How horrible. The list of expletives that I would have unfurled on anyone within range if I was that father would have been staggering.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Dumbfuck in Charge just broke from established US and UN practice and publicly confirmed that the US has 50 nuclear missiles based in Turkey. It has been standard practice to never divulge the location of overseas missiles.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

such an idiot
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Here's Trump at news conference with the Italian President today. The Italian President's translator is all of us:

Derek Cressman
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The dementia is becoming increasingly obvious.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 286

Have the Kurds committed terrorist acts against Turkey in the past?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:17 pm
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:27 am Have the Kurds committed terrorist acts against Turkey in the past?
"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
Derek Cressman
Deleted User 286

Feral wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:47 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:27 am Have the Kurds committed terrorist acts against Turkey in the past?
"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
In that region of the world how do you determine which is which?

I'm not being a smartass, but I wonder if there is legitimacy to Turkeys claims? There obviously must be some, because everything I read about this relationship we have with the Kurds indicated Obama urged them to change their army's name to dissassociate with some of their problematic factions that had done bad things in Turkey....is that why Trump claims "they're not angels"?

Just trying to better understand the dynamics of that conflict, although I'd imagine it's pretty hard for anyone from this region of the world to truly understand the whys/hows of some of those dynamics between different groups in that region of the world.
Deleted User 89

the Kurds haven’t been upstanding citizens, nor have the Turks

so, fuck em?

if abandoning innocents around the world to fend for themselves is what it means for america to be “great” again, then i want no part of it
Deleted User 286

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 am the Kurds haven’t been upstanding citizens, nor have the Turks

so, fuck em?

if abandoning innocents around the world to fend for themselves is what it means for america to be “great” again, then i want no part of it
I didn't say "fuck em"....but they're not "innocents" from what I can tell either.

And this is exactly why the United States getting involved in Middle Eastern conflicts is a very tough situation to navigate for any president, let alone the dumbest president we've ever had.

He made a mistake withdrawing troops, there's no denying that...I'm not sure there was ever going to be a good time to do it, but this certainly wasn't it...we couldn't play border security for Syria and Turkey forever, but we should have had a "plan".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If you commit to allies, you commit to allies. Period. If that means that you have to have troops there to help those allies train to learn to live without you then you put together a plan to do that. You do not bail on them and leave them to die. Period.
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 am the Kurds haven’t been upstanding citizens, nor have the Turks

so, fuck em?

I didn't say "fuck em"....but they're not "innocents" from what I can tell either.

And this is exactly why the United States getting involved in Middle Eastern conflicts is a very tough situation to navigate for any president, let alone the dumbest president we've ever had.

He made a mistake withdrawing troops, there's no denying that...I'm not sure there was ever going to be a good time to do it, but this certainly wasn't it...we couldn't play border security for Syria and Turkey forever, but we should have had a "plan".
i know you weren’t saying that

obviously, that’s the message that drumpf sent

there are places around the world that the US has “permanent” military installations. not saying that’s right, or that we should be in syria/turkey/etc., but if the goal is security and we know that region is a strong-hold for ideologies that are counter to most americans’, leaving with such haste could very well end up being counterproductive to our own security, not to mention the fate of those whom we’ve abandoned.

and for what? what does tiny-hands think he’s accomplished? particularly since he turned around and sent a couple thousand troops to saudi arabia...
Deleted User 286

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:15 am If you commit to allies, you commit to allies. Period. If that means that you have to have troops there to help those allies train to learn to live without you then you put together a plan to do that. You do not bail on them and leave them to die. Period.
They would never be capable of living without us though....I think that's one of the hardest issues to overcome when we get involved over there, there's no end game.

Yes the Kurds were our allies in fighting ISIS, but Turkey has also been one of our allies in the past. Turkey feels that the Kurds have committed terrorist acts against them. It's not cut and dry. Do we start waging war against Turkey in an effort to protect Syrias border?

A better solution might be to let Syria deal with protecting their own border and the Kurds....obviously we went about that the COMPLETE wrong way, but eventually they're going to have to stand on their own (which by the way they want to do).
Deleted User 286

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 am i know you weren’t saying that

obviously, that’s the message that drumpf sent

there are places around the world that the US has “permanent” military installations. not saying that’s right, or that we should be in syria/turkey/etc., but if the goal is security and we know that region is a strong-hold for ideologies that are counter to most americans’, leaving with such haste could very well end up being counterproductive to our own security, not to mention the fate of those whom we’ve abandoned.

and for what? what does tiny-hands think he’s accomplished? particularly since he turned around and sent a couple thousand troops to saudi arabia...
Ya, I don't have the answer for that.

I'm not a fan of the path we've taken in the middle east historically, especially because it's all over oil/money, but like you said it is needed for us to have a presence there.

It may be too late to ever not be over in the middle east. We've caused so many groups over there to hate us, some probably have legit reasons and others don't, that we may just have to permanently have a large military presence to protect us from abroad.

Not a good situation, but there's no real "solution" that I can dream up. Trump isn't smart enough or experienced enough to navigate these waters.

Elections have consequences. This was a bad consequence.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am
Elections have consequences. This was a bad consequence.
This