No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by seahawk »

Your projections and assumptions are tiresome. My early childhood memories are of the smell of an oil refinery town and the lights of the refinery shining across the West Texas desert. My husband worked in oil service industries and on a rig to pay for his law school debts and never stopped talking about it. He saw to it that I went out on an offshore rig to see the kinds of jobs available there. I've lived in 3 different oil-producing states and have an understanding of what oil means to local economies.

Instead of talking about Greenland, or some bullshit Green New Deal, we need a president who can lead an energy effort that rivals the race to the moon, not one who is so in debt to Putin that he has to try and prop up that leader's faltering oil economy, and then divert from the extent of his indebtedness by talking about buying Greenland.

“It was challenging for me,” he [Tillerson] said, “coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation, to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/12/ ... firms.html
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its tiresome that were still talking about oil. Wasnt ever meant to be part of the equation. But keep it going, you're doing great.
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

You want to talk about Greenland, you're going to seriously tell us that the guy who thinks that nuking hurricanes is a good idea has this big rational agenda about Greenland?

It's been a good laugh reading your defense of Donald Trump, but I have walls to paint. Bye.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Will nuking hurricanes increase the probability of a sharknado?

Asking for a friend.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:06 pm You want to talk about Greenland, you're going to seriously tell us that the guy who thinks that nuking hurricanes is a good idea has this big rational agenda about Greenland?

It's been a good laugh reading your defense of Donald Trump, but I have walls to paint. Bye.
No no I'm not going to tell you anything about trump or his plans. My goodness this is exhausting. This has never been about trump, or trumps supposed plan or my defense of said plan. I dont give a damn about trump. This is about the theoretical proposition of the united states acquiring greenland. Only that. What I said was that you cant seperate the idea from the person proposing the idea. It is clear that this is true.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and after a Trump comment that Melania had “gotten to know” Kim Jong Un, White House also had to issue a statement otherwise.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Never mind. She's moving to Canada:

Derek Cressman
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:53 pm
seahawk wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:06 pm You want to talk about Greenland, you're going to seriously tell us that the guy who thinks that nuking hurricanes is a good idea has this big rational agenda about Greenland?

No no I'm not going to tell you anything about trump or his plans. My goodness this is exhausting. This has never been about trump, or trumps supposed plan or my defense of said plan. I dont give a damn about trump. This is about the theoretical proposition of the united states acquiring greenland. Only that. What I said was that you cant seperate the idea from the person proposing the idea. It is clear that this is true.
So you ignored when she stated that it would be a dumb idea even if proposed by Warren or Sanders?

We had all agreed that the primary reason to do it is to strip the land of natural resources. Maybe we disagree on what the impact of that rape would be. Maybe we disagree on whether it would be a good thing for the US to spend money on when we have so many more pressing needs in our nation.

But I agree with Seahawk, there's little doubt that it didnt come out of nowhere by accident. It's a diversion to distract which likely was never serious. And that worked as here we are still talking about it. You've put far more effort into this conversation than you have in discussing any of the repulsive actions of Trump. So once again, he knows how to manipulate a subset of folks.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The neck is not “devoured.”
Having bedbugs in 2017 does not mean the bedbugs are still there now.
😇
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

(crickets) 🦗
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:01 pm The neck is not “devoured.”
Having bedbugs in 2017 does not mean the bedbugs are still there now.
😇
Pools at Trump resorts were shut by Florida health inspectors 10 times in a year

Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, if he’s so busy draining pools, then maybe that’s why he never quite got around to draining the swamp?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:13 pm Well, if he’s so busy draining pools, then maybe that’s why he never quite got around to draining the swamp?
well-played
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Trump is announcing a partnership with Bed bug and beyond.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I was waiting for Trump to say in response,
"At Doral we have the best bed bugs. Nobody has better bed bugs and nobody knows bed bugs better than me"
"They're uuuge"
"Fake news CNN said I colluded with the Russians to get the bed bugs to Doral. There was no collusion".
"The bed bugs at Doral come from Guba not Ghina".
"Thankfully they are not from Mexico. Mexican bed bugs have lots of problems, and they're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good bed bugs."
"My bed bugs at Doral are much bigger and more powerful bed bugs than anywhere else and believe me, my bed bugs work".
"Mark my words, If I wanted them gone they would be met with fire and fury the likes that the world has never seen".
"If I didn't want bed bugs at Doral I would build a great wall, and nobody builds better walls than me, and I would build it very inexpensively, I would build a great great wall on the southern border of Doral and make the Gubans pay for it".
"Other than at Doral, I'm thinking about calling for a total and complete shutdown of bed bugs entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on. Why are we having all these bed bugs from shithole countries coming here"?
"My bed bugs are making Doral great again".

Instead I got this.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4431498247

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6214772736
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Paul Krugman taking issue with the NY Times, the newspaper he writes for:

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/ ... fw">August

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/ ... fw">August
Derek Cressman
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I don't often read Krugman, but he seems on target with this one.
Don't inject Lysol.