Kansas Football.
Psychhawk

Re: Chiefs 2024

Post by Psychhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:48 am
pdub wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:13 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:09 pm
LOL! Fans who care? Oh noes!
Fans saying the refs and the NFL are writing the script for the Chiefs to win.

I didn’t like the officials involvement tonight but I don’t think there were any egregious calls.
The no call on the late hit out of bounds on Mahomes was egregious and a couple of blatantly obvious false starts on the Chiefs penalty machine, Jawaan Taylor, were missed that could have been made.
I thought there was a makeup late hit when the same player got called for a late hit a bit after that. It made the penalties offsetting.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bengals next.
Hopefully Ja'Mar Chase is still pouting about not getting an extension when he still has 2 years left on his current contract.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:16 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:22 am If he'd have thrown a good pass to Flowers (iirc) instead of 4 yards behind him and over his head when he was wide open in the end zone it wouldn't have mattered.
They were going for 2 points.
Chiefs woulda stopped em.
Definitely. Or maybe not. Either way, Woulda Coulda Shoulda.

Great start to the season.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Chiefs were clearly the better team. The drops made it close. Always look at Mahomes and be ready. They'll fix those. I think LJ will be on injured reserve by game 7. They ran him desperately.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The Chiefs were the 6th most penalized team in the NFL last season.
Mahomes gets .61 roughing the passer calls per 100 attempts which is lower than the league average.

I think the word to respond to haters is 'cope'.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:41 am The Chiefs were the 6th most penalized team in the NFL last season.
Mahomes gets .61 roughing the passer calls per 100 attempts which is lower than the league average.

We aren’t going to agree, so know that.

1. Like the Patriots learned to bend rules, the offensive line for the chiefs has seemingly found a loophole to give an advantage to the tackles, giving them an extra step-step.5 off the line. It’s garbage and not how the game was intended. The LT rocking…it’s a flinch and the same thing about a loophole applies.

Hopefully the NfL closes it.

Again, it’s horseshit.

The other part of the roughing calls is that Mahomes is exceptionally adept at avoiding rushers and finding free spots which allow him to miss more direct hits (before and after release) than many QBs. So, I don’t think that stat has a real bearing on the Chiefs, and is more bc Mahomes is that good.

Look, I think the Chiefs are the best team in the league, and I don’t hate on them, as a rule. But the O line shenanigans are bullshit.
Last edited by Back2Lawrence on Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jawaan Taylor was flagged 17 times, the most penalized player in the NFL last season.
Cope.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:41 am The Chiefs were the 6th most penalized team in the NFL last season.

Here is some typical gutter logic. The looking at multiple sides of a situation and not being able to come up with my own definitive conclusion/s.

Did they truly commit the 6th most penalties? They may have committed the 1st most or the 32nd most or somewhere in-between - including 6th.

I would like to know the exact reasons (other than the refs discretion) why Mahomes gets lower than the league average in roughing the passer calls. Could it be, he is more mobile than the average QB? Could it be, his OL holds more that the other QB's OLs hold? Could it be, he has a quicker release/gets rid of the ball quicker? Could it be......?

I think the words to respond to haters is - your team isn't the Chiefs, and you are jealous, so you are going to nitpick.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:33 am Jawaan Taylor was flagged 17 times, the most penalized player in the NFL last season.
Cope.
Shoulda been way more than that. Change the rule
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cope.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

lol. Ok Maga man.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Confirming my opinion that football fans are the worst. And it’s not close.
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

Watching a lot of football, the offensive lines are almost always turning, lifting up, pointing, etc. and rarely seem to ever be set prior to the snap. Same with players in motion turning upfield. The reaction times of these players and timing of the snap count is so precise that those with untrained eyes really can't tell if there is a false start or not. Sadly, most of those with untrained eyes are NFL referees.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

B2L, you've had a long history here of being slightly troll-ish when it comes to the Chiefs.
You're on a bored where the majority are Chiefs fans, the posts on this bored are a decent percentage Chiefs posts, and the owner has become at least as equal a Chiefs fan than he is a Jayhawk fan.
And you're here saying the same tired thing that every other fanbase has fallen back on as of late - "tHe ReFS wANt ThE CHieFs TO wIN!" when the evidence isn't there at all. And even on top of that, you're putting it in threads about the Jayhawks.

When you say, "confirming my opinion that football fans are the worst," you should be looking in the mirror.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Nah man, that’s hot garbage. I’m very careful to say I’m not trying to troll, and try to have a discussion about things.

But that’s not what most, including you want to do regarding things. Sorry the Chiefs are so successful that they are enemy number 1 for the rest of the NFL world, as a whole.

To borrow a word from you, I’m sure this is behavior that Chiefs fans will be able to ultimately, cope.

It’d be awesome if the Titans would have been in, say, more than one Super Bowl in their history.

And to finish this from me, and wishing you all well this year, the NFL is a guilty pleasure. I want to quit it, but can’t seem to. That, as your post stated, is a me problem, and one for which I should look in the mirror.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:35 am Nah man, that’s hot garbage. I’m very careful to say I’m not trying to troll, and try to have a discussion about things.

But that’s not what most, including you want to do regarding things. Sorry the Chiefs are so successful that they are enemy number 1 for the rest of the NFL world, as a whole.

To borrow a word from you, I’m sure this is behavior that Chiefs fans will be able to ultimately, cope.

It’d be awesome if the Titans would have been in, say, more than one Super Bowl in their history.

And to finish this from me, and wishing you all well this year, the NFL is a guilty pleasure. I want to quit it, but can’t seem to. That, as your post stated, is a me problem, and one for which I should look in the mirror.
You don't get to say, hey, i'm not trolling, and then proceed to borderline troll by commenting on how the Chiefs get all the calls.

I get that the Chiefs are going to get this kind of hate. I live in New England - the radio stations are hilarious with guys going off on the officials just like you. I laugh that off. But I don't go onto the Patriots boreds and try to persuade them otherwise.

But i'm not sure what you expect to get out of a discussion like the one on a Jayhawk thread, except pissing people off, on a bored with 3 of it's top 5 most replied threads are about the Chiefs. It's not all that far off from tmcats coming on after a game in a basketball thread talking about the officials in AFH -- what does he expect the responses will be?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

You are right, I guess I should expect responses.

But, as Jayhawk (and therefore more discerning in my head) fans first, I think a more even reception might be expected, especially from those you all know is also a Hawks fan.

Anyways, I’ll go back into my hole now, where I belong.

Sports are dumb.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bengals already talkin' a bit of smack.

"Speed, that's about it," Taylor-Britt [ cornerback ] told reporters. "He [ Xavier Worthy ] can run straight -- run jet sweeps and just run straight. He can't do too much else, so that's about it."