21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:45 pm I thought the conversation was about how much McLemore practiced his redshirt year.
We were talking about Jalen then PDub threw in a ben comment that i responded to also, so my bad. My 1,000s of hours comment was in regard to how many hours of practice Jalen has had since he arrived in summer 2019.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:39 pm The couple minutes Joe played, he scored. And often just creating on his own.

We need that, rather than Dajuan looking around for reasons not to shoot
yes. what will it take for self to give yesefu more minutes? he is lightyears more talented than dajuan. yes i know dajuan is a very good role player. but yesefu is a bucket and he is explosive as fuck
Deleted User 863

CB averaging like 13 and 7 on 65% shooting and Ous is convinced he's 1 of our problems.

LOL
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm Get Joe reps.

We need a guy who can get his own shot.

Too much standing around, which usually ends in Dave thinking he’s gotta do something
1000 percent agree. he might be the most explosive player on our team. he already proved last year he can produce at a high level on the big stage.

why is self holding him back? defensive inconsistency? and he doesn't know our offense well enough. let him learn. self trusts dajuan, i like dajuan a lot, he plays the way selfs wants. but Yesefu needs to be getting a decent chunk of all those minutes dajuan is playing. dajuan is playing like what feels like 30 minutes to yesefus 5, when it should be more even
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

the lineup i really wanna see is:

Remy/yesefu
remy/yesefu (interchangeable guards)
OCH (obvious)
Christian (maybe Jalen)
Mccormack (ugh best center we got by a lot - frustrating as he may be)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Nope.

I don’t think he’s “one of our problems,” in the way illy wishes. Far from it! Ive been overwhelmingly positive about him today. Glad to have him, and that’s been productive this season.

But I’m also realistic in realizing he’s prob not the kinda player who can put the team on his back to make a title run, like some of you guys seem to think.

He’s a really good role player, but a role player nonetheless.

And if we’re gonna contend, we need stars to shine.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:11 pm the lineup i really wanna see is:

Remy/yesefu
remy/yesefu (interchangeable guards)
OCH (obvious)
Christian (maybe Jalen)
Mccormack (ugh best center we got by a lot - frustrating as he may be)
The lineup I wanna see is, whatever 5 guys are playing best.

Ideally have multiple on-ball guards up to speed, and have our starting senior big play like it.

What I DONT wanna see, is stubbornly doubling down on the lineups and schemes that aren’t working.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:14 pm Nope.

I don’t think he’s “one of our problems,” in the way illy wishes. Far from it! Ive been overwhelmingly positive about him today. Glad to have him, and that’s been productive this season.

But I’m also realistic in realizing he’s prob not the kinda player who can put the team on his back to make a title run, like some of you guys seem to think.

He’s a really good role player, but a role player nonetheless.

And if we’re gonna contend, we need stars to shine.
But you're convinced Yesufu is because he scored a bunch of points for Drake in a game against USC that his team got blown out in. Got it.

It's that guy.

Not the guy who has a 30pt game at KANSAS. Or the guy who is averaging 13pts 7rebs 3ast on 65% shooting at Kansas. This year.

LOL

You've just got to take the L on this one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I might think of role player differently than ous.

Braun is at this point playing multiple roles so he doesn’t fit the role player mold for me anymore.

Brannen Greene, role player.
Lots of Jamari Traylors career, role player.
DeSousa, role player, different kind.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:17 pm What I DONT wanna see, is stubbornly doubling down on the lineups and schemes that aren’t working.
Have you ever considered that it maybe isn't just the wrong lineup combinations? That maybe it's the players performances and skills?

You seem to think there is a magic lineup combination we aren't trying that is the magic fix. I am not so sure.

I think it's very clear that our best lineup is Remy Och CB Jalen and Dave.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Go find a comment I made about Braun that deserves the L.

Go look for it!

Where is it?

And more importantly, are you disagreeing with anything I just said there? Do you think CB is capable of being a star for us?

Do you think it’s more likely him, or Joe (or the other on-ball guards) who can just go get us a bucket when we need it?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t see that clear now but my bet is that it will be later.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 pm I might think of role player differently than ous.

Braun is at this point playing multiple roles so he doesn’t fit the role player mold for me anymore.
Ya. He keeps going with the strawmans.

Nobody said CB is the guy to put us on his back and carry us to a title.

But it's downright unrealistic to think Yesufu could.

Someone should probably tell Ous that Och is probably the only person capable of that on this roster and even that is a stretch. This team's strength is in it's experienced veteran core. Not in any single player. Which is probably a good thing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:25 pm Go find a comment I made about Braun that deserves the L.

Go look for it!

Where is it?

And more importantly, are you disagreeing with anything I just said there? Do you think CB is capable of being a star for us?

Do you think it’s more likely him, or Joe (or the other on-ball guards) who can just go get us a bucket when we need it?
Better chance at being a “star” than Yes, I think.

He could be our third best offensive option and be a good one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remy will have 26 point nights.
Braun too.
Dave and Jalen 23 and 12.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:25 pm Go find a comment I made about Braun that deserves the L.

Go look for it!

Where is it?

CB is already being one of our stars you fucking idiot. He is averaging 13pts 7rebs 3asts on 65% shooting for fucks sake. Is he our best player? No. That's Och, the guy who was leading the nation in scoring the other day. Or maybe Remy who is starting to show why he was big 12 preseason POY.

And No CB doesn't need to be the guy to "go get us a bucket". That's Remy and Och. Why the fuck would we want it to be Yesufu who is significantly worse than Remy or Och? It doesn't make any sense. Och and Remy are our get a bucket guys. Not our transfer bench player who is shooting 33% from the field.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Can we all just take a deep breath and realize what an epic meltdown this has been?

And it’s only November!

also, you guys need to just chill out and read my god damn sig.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Illy doubling down on the personal attacks!

I’d finally start shooting back, but frankly, I’d rather you stick around, and me not be the reason you illy yourself again.
Deleted User 863

You need to watch the games more closely i think.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Why call him a fucking idiot though?