Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 89 »

gaslighters/narcissists use the third person for dramatic effect

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephanies ... ic-effect/
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

99 used to do 3rd person Thursday where he would refer to himself in the third person. On Thursdays.
Broham
Deleted User 89

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:44 pm 99 used to do 3rd person Thursday where he would refer to himself in the third person. On Thursdays.
clever name
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh!

So this winter was light on reservations, and sorta looking grim for our company.

Over the summer though, most of our reservations were made on short notice, so we expected something similar for the winter.

This week though was like the reservations gods flipped a switch, and we’ve posted one record day of sales after another.

It’s good for business, but also feel like it’s also an ominous prediction for covid numbers.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The Spud Lounge will be open for monkey business from Christmas Eve until New Year's Day in case you need to escape. We have a stockpile of Boulevard Tasting Room beers and Northern Lights.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:40 pm Oh!

So this winter was light on reservations, and sorta looking grim for our company.

Over the summer though, most of our reservations were made on short notice, so we expected something similar for the winter.

This week though was like the reservations gods flipped a switch, and we’ve posted one record day of sales after another.

It’s good for business, but also feel like it’s also an ominous prediction for covid numbers.
Our ski season rentals are down at Keystone overall but he we have seen a few new rentals the last week or so.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Right on. Yeah, I’d expect it to still rent, but often just on a few days notice.

The biggest factor is not covid, but how much resorts limit sales because of covid. Just day passes too, but season pass holders have no restrictions - yet.

Is you place ski-in/ski-out?

Hot tub?

Can y’all give me an early checkin?
Deleted User 89

first wild animal with covid...mink in utah

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anim ... irus-utah/
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:37 am first wild animal with covid...mink in utah

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anim ... irus-utah/
We'd be in much better shape were that truly the first.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Exactly what I was thinking too. But then are they distinguishing between the virus and the disease - ie is the animal a carrier or suffering from the symptoms? Somewhat big distinction
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

A friend of mine is the lead pharmacist on one of the large vaccine trials (as being conducted in a particular hospital). She is in the third tier for vaccinations herself, behind (1) nursing home residents/workers, ER staff and ICU staff; and (2) nurses/doctors generally and fire/police/EMT.

I'd think she would have slotted into the second category. Will be interesting to see how the various states make these determinations.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 has her vaccination scheduled for this week. She's actively taking care of covid patients.
Broham
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

As a health care worker, Mrs 99 is a hero - regardless of if she's taking care of Covid patients - but that much more of one because of it.
Doc asked me this morning if I wanted a flu shot. I said, "You tell me". He said what most people never really have considered before Covid. He said, "Obviously it's to protect you but it can protect others from possibly getting the flu from you - such as your mother - you don't want her getting the flu from you either".
Upshot (no pun intended) I didn't do for me. I did it for people I care about.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I got a flu shot for the 1st time this year.
Broham
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:18 am Mrs 99 has her vaccination scheduled for this week. She's actively taking care of covid patients.
Cheers to Mrs 99. My wife is expecting hers within a week or so. She is done with the strictly Covid care, but still does come across them frequently and has done plenty of swabs on people who come in.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

99 and Newton: thanks for your families’ commitment and sacrifice to keep the rest of us safe and healthy.

Saw an interesting forward on one of the social media sites: how 2021 will turn out depends on what the Chinese are eating now 😄
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

One of my staff tested positive after his roommate tested positive yesterday.

I tell my staff that certainly have been in close contact with him that they should get tested (I am) , and my boss jumps my ass for being a fear monger. I had a total hip replacement a few months ago, I have a salesman who has MS, and another that lost half of his intestines a few months ago, so I feel that these people should know asap.

I guess I am the a-hole here.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Jeebus Jeep. That's insane. Hope the best for you and your staff and that you all stay healthy.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:53 pm One of my staff tested positive after his roommate tested positive yesterday.

I tell my staff that certainly have been in close contact with him that they should get tested (I am) , and my boss jumps my ass for being a fear monger. I had a total hip replacement a few months ago, I have a salesman who has MS, and another that lost half of his intestines a few months ago, so I feel that these people should know asap.

I guess I am the a-hole here.
no, you aren’t

is michhawk your boss?