21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by PhDhawk »

DeSousa got Wally Pipp'd by Mitch Lightfoot.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Lightfoot may Wally Pip our entire team by the time hes done at KU.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:37 pm Desousa prob wont make all conference in whatever conference he transferred to.

Dave was B12 2nd team.
I think these two things can both be (and I think both are) true:

1 - Silvio's potential exceeds Dave's; and
2 - Dave is going to come way closer to his potential than Silvio.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I guess?
Again, Silvio was good in a few games and was pretty bad in the rest.
Hes strong and a good rebounder but I think hes become some myth at KU because of a couple NCAA tournament games.

If you're saying Silvio is more athletic than Dave, I agree.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I was never impressed much by sds. Either in terms of production or potential.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'd take SDS and a his baggage over Dave just so I don't have to see Dave flex whenever he dunks or gets an and-1, like bro, you just missed the previous 10 bunnies before that...one good basket doesn't not make you a pussy.

What scares me is that Dave could technically come back next year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Some people have lost their minds with DMac."
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:21 pm I wonder if we could be better off abandoning the reliable post scorer mindset.

Run the offense through the guards! Even if it means Dave is just setting screens, or - gasp - just going 5 out.

And while I guess Dajuan is a serviceable distributor and defender, I just dunno if he’s a statistically productive or eyetest complete enough player to warrant the kind of minutes he’s getting.
this is what i want. run our offense through the guards. I honestly wish mccormack would play the way mitch has been playing. just focus 100 percent on setting good picks and rolling. and making himself available when the ball is swung. mccormack is a lot bigger and would be better at it.

this team is equipped to get dave a lot of easy buckets. let the guards do that. no need to force offense through mccormack
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:28 pm I guess?
Again, Silvio was good in a few games and was pretty bad in the rest.
Hes strong and a good rebounder but I think hes become some myth at KU because of a couple NCAA tournament games.

If you're saying Silvio is more athletic than Dave, I agree.
Yes. And those few tournament games he was surrounded by multiple future NBA players and very good college players.

And lots of people seem to equate leaping ability to basketball potential. Sometimes that's fine, but most of the time it just doesn't translate. SDS has been in college a long time and hasn't shown much of that untapped potential developing.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sds will go down in KU history as one of the worst scholarships ever given. what he cost us. and what we got in return. one of the worst ever.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What did we get in return?

A conference tournament championship and a final four?
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:46 am What did we get in return?

A conference tournament championship and a final four?
Both of which we very well still could have done without him.

And what he cost us in drama/bad publicity is probably hard to quantify.

I wish him the best, but am glad that saga is over.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

LOL no we couldn’t have.

Mitch didn’t even play in that elite 8.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:46 am A conference tournament championship and a final four?
10% chance of that taken from us.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The conference tourney or the final four?

And I like Mitch too, but I’m concerned he would have fared against duke’s nba bigs about as well as he would have fared against USC’s nba bigs.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:52 am LOL no we couldn’t have.

Mitch didn’t even play in that elite 8.
We will never know so silly path to go down.

How you evaluate players and their importance to a team is so inconsistent and all over the place it seems like.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I guess.

And I know it’s guttery devil’s advocate here, but I’m kinda nervous about our frontcourt depth

and am bummed the only thing Self did to address it this off-season was a western ks true freshman and a D2 redshirt.

And Silvio was tragic and bad press, yea, but it’s also a fun story that a half semester freshman was learning plays in the huddle as he jumped center in overtime of the elite 8

The bar fight was a black eye, no pun intended, but I honestly don’t blame him much for the NCAA witch hunt
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:16 am I guess.

And I know it’s guttery devil’s advocate here, but I’m kinda nervous about our frontcourt depth

and am bummed the only thing Self did to address it this off-season was a western ks true freshman and a D2 redshirt.

And Silvio was tragic and bad press, yea, but it’s also a fun story that a half semester freshman was learning plays in the huddle as he jumped center in overtime of the elite 8

The bar fight was a black eye, no pun intended, but I honestly don’t blame him much for the NCAA witch hunt
Pretty sure every single one of us here are "nervous about our front court depth". That, along with our defense, are the 2 biggest obstacles we will have to overcome to win a national title with this team.

As far as Self only getting a D2 transfer, i am fairly confident Self was searching for sure fire NBA players for our front court the last 24months. There apparently just weren't any that wanted to come to KU.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"The bar fight was a black eye, no pun intended, but I honestly don’t blame him much for the NCAA witch hunt"

Don't forget when he picked up a stool/chair and was moments away from swinging it in the handicap section of AFH. ( though ksu started it )
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

White jeans!