Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by seahawk »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dr. King spend quite a few nights in jail for trying to get their Constitutionally guaranteed rights for a group of people?

Didn't he eventually get murdered for that?

Perhaps I misremembered and it was for philandering.
Don't inject Lysol.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:29 am
Grandma wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:01 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:57 pm

* Edited
Nevermind. I have changed my thought/s on the subject.
William Sullivan was scum. I'll leave it at that.
It never ceases to amaze me that the same people who rail on our current POTUS for his character flaws conveniently forget that MLK was a serial philanderer who also plagiarized sections of his doctoral dissertation. I guess the search for the perfect human being continues.
Well, there was that Civil Rights movement and all, but right. Philanderer. Good comparison.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:17 am

* Edited
It never ceases to amaze me that the same people who rail on our current POTUS for his character flaws conveniently forget that MLK was a serial philanderer who also plagiarized sections of his doctoral dissertation. I guess the search for the perfect human being continues.
Well, there was that Civil Rights movement and all, but right. Philanderer. Good comparison.
So, one makes up for the other, then? How much better does the economy have to get to outweigh President Trump’s tweets, then? How many more judges appointed? How many more improved trade deals?

You seem to be under the impression that I think the POTUS is a good or admirable individual. Not true. I find him crude and unnecessarily antagonistic. I can’t stand to listen to him speak because he is inarticulate and refuses to allow his advisors to help him sound more competent. He is, in my mind, the lesser of two evils, and is so by a significant margin.

My point remains that no one is perfect. We all know that, but we tolerate the imperfections of those who agree with enough of our views and share enough of our goals. It is why politics exists in the first place.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Pin Psych's post. This economy is so out-of-whack and overheated that when we see, and we will, a collapse reminiscent of August 2008, then we will see folks scrambling to claim Trump had nothing to do with it.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Leawood wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:49 am Pin Psych's post. This economy is so out-of-whack and overheated that when we see, and we will, a collapse reminiscent of August 2008, then we will see folks scrambling to claim Trump had nothing to do with it.
Truf
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Leawood wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:49 am Pin Psych's post. This economy is so out-of-whack and overheated that when we see, and we will, a collapse reminiscent of August 2008, then we will see folks scrambling to claim Trump had nothing to do with it.
Some of it will be his fault. Some will fall on a Congress that has been so distracted with impeachment stupidity that it accomplished nothing of value. Some will be on the heads of stupid individuals who made poor decisions with their own money. Some will be on the past Administration, which did nothing to address the reasons the 2008 crash happened in the first place. As always, there will be plenty of blame to go around.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Don’t need to wait for supporters-didn’t he claim just a couple of weeks ago that he doesn’t pay attention to the stock market on a down day?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:20 pm
Some of it will be his fault. Some will fall on a Congress that has been so distracted with impeachment stupidity that it accomplished nothing of value. Some will be on the heads of stupid individuals who made poor decisions with their own money. Some will be on the past Administration, which did nothing to address the reasons the 2008 crash happened in the first place. As always, there will be plenty of blame to go around.
The House has managed to accomplish plenty of value despite also handling the impeachment hearings. The GOP led Senate however, has not accomplished nearly as much despite not yet being distracted by those hearings.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:52 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:20 pm
The House has managed to accomplish plenty of value despite also handling the impeachment hearings. The GOP led Senate however, has not accomplished nearly as much despite not yet being distracted by those hearings.
Curious what you feel like they accomplished.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:57 pm

* Edited
We didnt vote MLK Jr. Into the White House. We simply celebrate his efforts and sacrifices to accomplish a very specific, very important task.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:04 pm

* Edited
We didnt vote MLK Jr. Into the White House. We simply celebrate his efforts and sacrifices to accomplish a very specific, very important task.
To be fair, you didn’t vote President Trump in, either. Does that mean he gets a free pass, too?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If and when the economy tanks, be ready for the presidential tweet storm about how it’s all Crooked Hillary’s fault.

And if MLKjr did run for potus, then surely his philandering would have locked up the family values vote, right?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:34 pm If and when the economy tanks, be ready for the presidential tweet storm about how it’s all Crooked Hillary’s fault.

And if MLKjr did run for potus, then surely his philandering would have locked up the family values vote, right?
Like I said, he’s not somebody I’d hang out with, much less my hero. He’s the lesser of the evils. Most family values voters I know feel the same way.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

This economy is nothing like 2008 -- and that's the problem. For 80 years, monetary policy theorists planned how to respond if something like the Great Crash happened again. Bernanke responded precisely as he should have and precisely as the theorists had gamed it: slash rates, QE, etc.

It worked. Too well.

It worked so well that Obama/Yellen and Trump/Powell decided that returning to normal rates would NEVER, ever happen, because that might lead to a recession. And so rates never, ever returned to normal. And now, when the economy is "great," the fed funds rate is 1.75% -- which is practically zero -- AND the Fed keeps pumping money into overnight repo market, which amounts to QE3.

The equities markets have generated $17 TRILLION in new "wealth," just since Trump was elected. And it's ALL bullshit money, created intentionally and purposefully by central bank "goosing."

Add to that the fact that Trump will be the more fiscally responsible candidate in next year's election, and it's pretty clear that inflation and then stagflation are likely to be the themes of the next decade.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:34 pm If and when the economy tanks, be ready for the presidential tweet storm about how it’s all Crooked Hillary’s fault.
Nope. He's spent the last two years setting up Jay Powell to be the fall guy.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

"How much better does the economy have to get to outweigh President Trump’s tweets, then? How many more judges appointed? How many more improved trade deals?"

If anyone needed any more proof that Psych is full of shit, I present the above quote.

And then he goes and tops himself by suggesting he's a "family values" voter.

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Yeah, "family values" is always about killing anyone who moves.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/edward ... stigators/
Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Did you seriously just say this?

Add to that the fact that Trump will be the more fiscally responsible candidate in next year's election, and it's pretty clear that inflation and then stagflation are likely to be the themes of the next decade.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:50 am Did you seriously just say this?

Yeah.

I said that. And it's true. Medicare for All ain't gonna be free, you know.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

What makes you think M4A is even possible.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.