No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: No One Cares Because Nothing Matters Anymore

Post by Geezer »

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... nship.html

There is no limit to what this administration will do.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Geezer wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:25 pm https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... nship.html

There is no limit to what this administration will do.
Is that a joke?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

wtf?!?!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

JFC.
This is what the mouth breathers want? Really?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

If this is at bad as it appears to be there is no way the news outlets havent picked up on it. It would, and should, be all over cnn and MSNBC etc. Havent read all of it
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nevermind. Its on cnn now. Doesnt affect us born citizens, only naturalized citizens without the required annual days in country. Still pretty fucked for a group of people dedicating time and service to the country.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Cruelty is the point.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

It's a process, the goal is elimination of anchor babies.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Geezer wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:18 pm It's a process, the goal is elimination of anchor babies.
Anchor babies of a LEGAL immigrant parent who is in the US fucking military, stationed abroad defending OUR fucking necks.
Why are we making more paperwork for an overstretched USCIS?
Why are we discouraging legal immigrants from joining the military? Not because they are foreign, but because they have a baby?

“From 1999 to 2010, roughly 80,000 non-citizens were members of the armed services. About 5,000 legal permanent residents join the armed services each year.”
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I wonder if this was initiated by Trump wondering how John McCain was a US citizen despite being born in Panama?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:32 pm If this is at bad as it appears to be there is no way the news outlets havent picked up on it. It would, and should, be all over cnn and MSNBC etc. Havent read all of it

I watched a little MSNBC last night. What they were reporting is far more horrifying.
Broham
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:58 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:18 pm It's a process, the goal is elimination of anchor babies.
Anchor babies of a LEGAL immigrant parent who is in the US fucking military, stationed abroad defending OUR fucking necks.
Why are we making more paperwork for an overstretched USCIS?
Why are we discouraging legal immigrants from joining the military? Not because they are foreign, but because they have a baby?

“From 1999 to 2010, roughly 80,000 non-citizens were members of the armed services. About 5,000 legal permanent residents join the armed services each year.”
^^^

POTD.

/thread
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:52 am I wonder if this was initiated by Trump wondering how John McCain was a US citizen despite being born in Panama?
Wouldnt affect McCain's status if his parents were us born citizens. It's horrible enough as it is, no need to embellish it to make it even worse.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:19 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:52 am I wonder if this was initiated by Trump wondering how John McCain was a US citizen despite being born in Panama?
Wouldnt affect McCain's status if his parents were us born citizens. It's horrible enough as it is, no need to embellish it to make it even worse.
I just read the clarifying statement put out by the USCIS late yesterday and I agree with you. Their initial statement made it sound like any US citizen soldier who goes overseas and gives birth would be affected but the clarifying statement better defines who is affected. So yes, I was wrong in reference to McCain.

And I agree with you, it is still a horrible decision to make life more difficult for soldiers abroad and may discourage some people from joining our military.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont understand who or what it benefits. It doesnt discourage immigration....it just discourages one option for an immigrant to contribute to society.
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

It gives them a headline that points to cracking down on immigration for The Base.

And Feral is correct, part of it is just a streak of sadism a mile wide in some of those in charge.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Thing is, it does nothing for immigration. At All. Like I said, it doesnt discourage immigration. It discourages immigrants from wanting to serve. Seems to have the opposite effect of what one would want.
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

TDub wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:15 am I dont understand who or what it benefits. It doesnt discourage immigration....it just discourages one option for an immigrant to contribute to society.
Well, I believe it gives Stephen Miller a hard on. So there's that.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman