Tyty Washington

Kansas Basketball.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: Tyty Washington

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'll be surprised if it's anyone other than Kentucky.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

But why go to a school that might not even make the tournament when he could come here and get 30 balled in the second round instead?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

bad fan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually, a bad fan wouldn’t NOT be salty about coming off our worst tournament looss of all time.

Is it Late Night yet?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I thought the best fans were the ones who weren't upset by the loss, cause they "saw it coming"?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You could see it coming

I was still upset by it and more specifically, by our complete lack of effort and competitve spirit.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 pm You could see it coming

I was still upset by it and more specifically, by our complete lack of effort and competitve spirit.
We had shown that we could loose, and if it went bad it could snowball and we could loose bad.

We knew that we had trouble with length and USC had it, not an ideal matchup...still, not even the best team in (what we all thought was) a mediocre conference.

We knew that a deep run was not that likely and would depend on lucky matchups, still as a 3 seed, you think you have a decent shot at a sweet 16 (no one was saying otherwise prior to the game).

We knew we were susceptible (more than normal) to an upset, if you'd told me we'd loose to USC by 10-15 points, I wouldn't have said you were crazy.

No one woke up that morning and said, we're gonna get taken behind the woodshed by a 6 seed outta the pac12. And the people who came on here puffing out their chests in the days that followed acting like they KNEW we were gonna get boat raced by a 6 seed and couldn't understand why anyone was upset were full of shit, and remains the weirdest flex I've seen on this message board.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one had us loosing by 30+ in their guess the score, did they?

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

One paradox of this season is, how did we have so much trouble with length if, top to bottom, we were the tallest starting lineup Self has had at KU?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:51 pm
TDub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:43 pm You could see it coming

We had shown that we could loose, and if it went bad it could snowball and we could loose bad.

We knew that we had trouble with length and USC had it, not an ideal matchup...still, not even the best team in (what we all thought was) a mediocre conference.

We knew that a deep run was not that likely and would depend on lucky matchups, still as a 3 seed, you think you have a decent shot at a sweet 16 (no one was saying otherwise prior to the game).

We knew we were susceptible (more than normal) to an upset, if you'd told me we'd loose to USC by 10-15 points, I wouldn't have said you were crazy.

No one woke up that morning and said, we're gonna get taken behind the woodshed by a 6 seed outta the pac12. And the people who came on here puffing out their chests in the days that followed acting like they KNEW we were gonna get boat raced by a 6 seed and couldn't understand why anyone was upset were full of shit, and remains the weirdest flex I've seen on this message board.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one had us loosing by 30+ in their guess the score, did they?
Right. I agree with all of it. My point being, you could see the obvious flaws in this team and how they aligned with the strengths of the other team.

My disappointment comes from the end result. No fight after the first 7 minutes, no effort, no heart. A very unKansas like performance .
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:54 pm One paradox of this season is, how did we have so much trouble with length if, top to bottom, we were the tallest starting lineup Self has had at KU?
I've made this case before but:

McMack is a below the rim 5
Wilson is a vitruvian 3 masquarading as a stretch 4
Garrett playing PG nullified his height
Braun and Och are Vitruvian guards who, like Svi and Vick before them, don't play to their size.

BoH knows length =/= height

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:58 pm A very unKansas like performance .
Exactly!

Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:01 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:54 pm One paradox of this season is, how did we have so much trouble with length if, top to bottom, we were the tallest starting lineup Self has had at KU?
I've made this case before but:

McMack is a below the rim 5
Wilson is a vitruvian 3 masquarading as a stretch 4
Garrett playing PG nullified his height
Braun and Och are Vitruvian guards who, like Svi and Vick before them, don't play to their size.

BoH knows length =/= height
I wonder if we had more than 25 dunks all year....?
Deleted User 89

high hips versus wingspan
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mich mode on: This dood seems like a drama queen wanting attention by drawing this out. We don't need drama queens. Let some other team deal with this primadona. Mich mode off.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, who?

The internet deviants and malcontents?
Deleted User 89

the folks
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Teets

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Deleted User 89

was Wheeler supposed to go to UK?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dunno if i'd be all that excited for Wheeler.
Dude shot 22% from 3 - his FG average ( FGA/FGM ) was 5-13 for the season.
And turned the ball over 4.4 times per game.