KU FB offseason

Kansas Football.
AlOerter
Contributor

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by AlOerter »

"Coach Prime's" (barf) approach as in, if you don't cut it you're gone, makes it difficult to develop and recruit young players or to develop program loyalty.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

So if KU and Missouri both qualify for playoff, and face each other in the first round, with KU being the home team…we play them at Arrowhead, right?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:17 am So if KU and Missouri both qualify for playoff, and face each other in the first round, with KU being the home team…we play them at Arrowhead, right?
Nope. Haskell.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:16 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 11:17 am So if KU and Missouri both qualify for playoff, and face each other in the first round, with KU being the home team…we play them at Arrowhead, right?
Nope. Haskell.
That would be awesome if they only let in KU students. 100% capacity.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The alleged malingerer* speaks:

Kansas quarterback Jalon Daniels met with reporters on Wednesday at Big 12 Media Days.

Jalon Daniels sets the record straight on his 2023 season, looks ahead to the fall

*malingering - to pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness (as to avoid duty or work)

a person who pretends to be sick, especially in order to avoid work or shirk responsibilities
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pretty stoked. KU getting some respect for the first time in my life. The Mangino teams were always dogged by his weight and supposed scheduling ease. They were wrong of course, but love the Leipold era.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:32 pm The alleged malingerer* speaks:

Kansas quarterback Jalon Daniels met with reporters on Wednesday at Big 12 Media Days.

Jalon Daniels sets the record straight on his 2023 season, looks ahead to the fall

*malingering - to pretend or exaggerate incapacity or illness (as to avoid duty or work)

a person who pretends to be sick, especially in order to avoid work or shirk responsibilities
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:50 pm
Shirley wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:32 pm The alleged malingerer* speaks:

My opinion of those who pretended to know with such vehemence that he was faking his back problem last season hasn't changed in the interim.
Anand Giridharadas
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It’s fair to have that opinion, it’s pretentious to post e definition of a word you used.

At least let ‘em google that shit.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:54 pm It’s fair to have that opinion, it’s pretentious to post e definition of a word you used.

This isn't the first time you've commented about that, and it seems to really stick in your craw, as if you take it personally. Do yourself and me a favor, and disabuse yourself of that idea.

I love words. I value precision. I seek to use the tools, the words, that express exactly what I mean. If it were possible to make a decent living as an etymologist, next to being a professional golfer or basketball player, that's what I might have chosen as a career.

I seriously doubt everyone here could accurately describe what a "malingerer" is. I could be wrong. When I use medical terms I assume people are unfamiliar with, I often define them. When I post definitions of non-medical words, it's because I had to look them up to be sure they convey what I mean to say. And then, since I'm there anyway, I take the time to copy and paste the definition in case I'm not the only one uncertain, and, in hopes it will stick...in my mind. Rather than being pretentious or condescending, it's an admission that I had to look it up, to be sure. The discouraging thing is, I find myself looking up the same words more than once, over the years.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…I find myself looking up the same words more than once, over the years.

you aren’t the only one
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I like that response, Shirley. It does t inspire me to use a word I like to use to convey feelings.

As I reminder, I use it in the British sense.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

This is the media poll. OSU returning 20 starters, WVU and Iowa St returning a bunch. Really think it comes down to health of the QB. Utah's QB is good but he sat out all of ly. If JD stays on the field all year we going to be good.

Big 12 Preseason Media Football Rankings
1. Utah (906, 20)
2. Kansas State (889, 19)
3. Oklahoma State (829, 14)
4. Kansas (772, 5)
5. Arizona (762, 3)
6. Iowa State (661)
7. West Virginia (581)
8. UCF (551)
9. Texas Tech (532)
10. TCU (436)
11. Colorado (400)
12. Baylor (268)
13. BYU (215)
14. Cincinnati (196)
15. Houston (157)
16. Arizona State (141)
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Also our schedule is Muy Bueno.

We got the bottom Tcu, Colo, Baylor, BYU, Houston and ASU.

Our 4th game is @ UWV and they play Penn st in week one and the back yard brawl Pitt right before us.

We get ISU @ home with our bye the week before while they play Texas Tech that week @ home.

By far our toughest game is going to @ the team that wears PURPLE. Their starting QB hit the portal and now is projected to be starting QB for Ohio ST???? But the truth is the Freshman QB pretty much ran him out of town. Hard for me to say but he good. Plus they got the RB from Colo. We very well could be two undefeated teams going in to that game.

Good times!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

hartjack8 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:36 am Also our schedule is Muy Bueno.

We got the bottom Tcu, Colo, Baylor, BYU, Houston and ASU.

Our 4th game is @ UWV and they play Penn st in week one and the back yard brawl Pitt right before us.

We get ISU @ home with our bye the week before while they play Texas Tech that week @ home.

By far our toughest game is going to @ the team that wears PURPLE. Their starting QB hit the portal and now is projected to be starting QB for Ohio ST???? But the truth is the Freshman QB pretty much ran him out of town. Hard for me to say but he good. Plus they got the RB from Colo. We very well could be two undefeated teams going in to that game.

Good times!
It's hard not to be excited with Daniels back in the lineup.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

One of the strangest rookie QBs is Jason Bean. After going under the radar in high school and at North Texas, Bean would show brilliance as a backup QB at Kansas and helped surge the Jayhawks program forward. He is now working out for the Indianapolis Colts and has an outside shot to make the roster, today I am going to introduce you to Jason Bean, enjoy!

He Is The STRANGEST ROOKIE QB in the NFL (Meet Jason Bean)
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The athleticism of Bean is well-established. Coaching and patience for a year or so could really yield something. Ballard came to watch him secretly even when his son was not playing.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Shirley wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:42 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:54 pm It’s fair to have that opinion, it’s pretentious to post e definition of a word you used.

This isn't the first time you've commented about that, and it seems to really stick in your craw, as if you take it personally. Do yourself and me a favor, and disabuse yourself of that idea.

I love words. I value precision. I seek to use the tools, the words, that express exactly what I mean. If it were possible to make a decent living as an etymologist, next to being a professional golfer or basketball player, that's what I might have chosen as a career.

I seriously doubt everyone here could accurately describe what a "malingerer" is. I could be wrong. When I use medical terms I assume people are unfamiliar with, I often define them. When I post definitions of non-medical words, it's because I had to look them up to be sure they convey what I mean to say. And then, since I'm there anyway, I take the time to copy and paste the definition in case I'm not the only one uncertain, and, in hopes it will stick...in my mind. Rather than being pretentious or condescending, it's an admission that I had to look it up, to be sure. The discouraging thing is, I find myself looking up the same words more than once, over the years.
I appreciated the knowledge drop, keep it up.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Skeleton on 2/3 of stadium they are building coming right along