Re: Totally random thread

Post by pdub »

East Haven sucks.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Bangor sucks
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Woo boy does it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sorry Stephen King.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:51 pm Moral of the story is, you live in a garbage dumpster.
At times I would agree with you, that I live in a garbage dumpster.
Other times, I would tell you I live in one of the best places to live in the country.
It's all perspective.
Deleted User 289

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Dog? Is this a trick question? How could anyone see anything but a dog? Is the man in snow camo or something? I dont get it.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I saw the man first. Running away from the camera
Broham
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I saw the man first, for a split second, too.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Crazy. If theres a guy you somehow have ignore the giant dog face?
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The giant dog face was a backpack.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I want a dog face backpack. Keep the mountain lions away
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Haha nice!
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Grandma had what Grandma assumed was a blown right speaker on a MacBook Pro. It's an old computer. About 7 years old. Otherwise works great.
Took it to Apple to see if I could get it fixed. Was told it's "antiquated" and Apple doesn't have the "part/s".
Two choices. Either go to a "3rd party" and have them replace the speaker or buy a new computer. Dumbass me was ready to just bite the bullet and buy a new computer. Despite having multiple other "laptops" and no real need for a new computer.
For the hell of it I then went on-line to see how/where I could buy a new speaker and if I could replace it myself.
Found a Youtube video. Dude showed how to fix a typical speaker issue by simply using rubber cement. REALLY? Ok, why not give it a try. Right?
Went to Target. Bought rubber cement for $1.99 + tax.
Got home, unscrewed some screws, applied rubber cement around the "seal" of the speaker.
BOOM! DONE! FIXED!
Moral of the story?
Fuck Apple and if you can, don't be lazy, don't spend unnecessary money, and fix it yourself?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Worked for a large blue company a few/many years ago. I had one of their company issued laptops. One day at work, I started to smell something burning. The case was hot and I shut it off. Let it cool and turned it on again. Got an error that the fan was not working.

I called tech support and they told me to ship it off to have it fixed, gave me an address located in China and said it would be six to eight weeks before I got it back. I asked what I was supposed to work on during that time. Was told that wasn't there problem, I was not eligible for a loaner.

I went to several of their offices in KC trying to find something all while calling tech support almost everyday. At one point I had enough and said, "It's a freakin fan, send it to me and I'll install it." They said OK and I had one in a couple of days.
Broham
Deleted User 289

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 pm Worked for a large blue company a few/many years ago. I had one of their company issued laptops. One day at work, I started to smell something burning. The case was hot and I shut it off. Let it cool and turned it on again. Got an error that the fan was not working.

I called tech support and they told me to ship it off to have it fixed, gave me an address located in China and said it would be six to eight weeks before I got it back. I asked what I was supposed to work on during that time. Was told that wasn't there problem, I was not eligible for a loaner.

I went to several of their offices in KC trying to find something all while calling tech support almost everyday. At one point I had enough and said, "It's a freakin fan, send it to me and I'll install it." They said OK and I had one in a couple of days.
Moral of your story?
God bless America?
When I read "large blue company" I automatically assumed IBM. Yes? No?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yes, gutter, IBM.
Broham
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:17 pm Mrs 99 bought a Ninja Foodi. Stoopid name, works pretty well. Did wings for the game. Not as crispy as fried but good enough and the mess was minimal.

Chuck roast in now.
Used the new ninja foodi pressure cooker/air fryer thingamabob we got for xmas for the first time tonight. Peppercini ranch roast. Pretty damn fantastic, and only 90 minutes. I imagine we'll be using that thing frequently. Anybody got any recipes or tips?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289