21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by PhDhawk »

agreed. He definitely needs to do it more, and have fewer movements away from the basket and should overall take less time to make his move.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am While he’s done it and can do it, it just doesn’t seem to be his instinct.

With our best bigs, they often scored within a fraction of a second - their defender was pinned, and all they had to do was catch it in a continuous motion toward the hoop.

But that’s just not Dave. Even if he makes a move in rhythm, it’s more likely to be some finesse thing parallel to or away from the hoop, rather than a bully thing toward it.
agree ... if he would do this, a power, not a finesse move, would probably draw a foul if not a score. Get the other guy's bigs in foul trouble is an added bonus.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ramjet wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:56 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am While he’s done it and can do it, it just doesn’t seem to be his instinct.

With our best bigs, they often scored within a fraction of a second - their defender was pinned, and all they had to do was catch it in a continuous motion toward the hoop.

But that’s just not Dave. Even if he makes a move in rhythm, it’s more likely to be some finesse thing parallel to or away from the hoop, rather than a bully thing toward it.
agree ... if he would do this, a power, not a finesse move, would probably draw a foul if not a score. Get the other guy's bigs in foul trouble is an added bonus.
Meh. I think it'd be more likely he masters one finesse go-to move like Simien and Arthur. I don't care if he fades away as long as it goes in.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think we're past that point. Dave is what he is. Just needs to get his head straight.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXC4t_VNnjK ... =copy_link

Low ceiling. We need Yesufu in there. He scored 30pts a few times at Drake don'tyaknow....
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:38 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:30 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:59 pm billselfsuggestionbox.jpg

maybe PnR isn’t the best way to put it. All I mean is, when it’s more the guards are moving the ball, and ideally moving off the ball too.
Do you watch our games?

Our guards are "moving the ball" and also "moving off the ball too" the vast majority of every single possession. Even the possessions where we make an entry pass down low to Dave or Mitch. Dave is attempting an entire 7 shots per game. This fake narrative that we are passing too him to much or running our offense thru him is not reality.
Check the usage rate over the shots per game. His entire 7 shots per game come in less than 19 minutes. All-American candidate Ochai has a usage rate of 27.1. The next highest of the 9 players averaging double digit minutes? Dave at 25.6 and Mitch at 21.8. A possession is more likely to end in Mitch's hands than it is to end in Braun's or Martin's. I don't think the narrative of the offense running through the post is as fake as you want it to be.
These stats don’t matter when you base everything off of hysteria and emotion.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:45 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CXC4t_VNnjK ... =copy_link

Low ceiling. We need Yesufu in there. He scored 30pts a few times at Drake don'tyaknow....
ok this one’s definitely being sarcastic
Deleted User 863

Haha sorry couldn't resist.

Another prime example of how stats from smaller schools doesn't usually translate to Kansas playing with other elite players and against real competition.

Yesufu's usage rate at Drake last year was 27.5%. He averaged about 13pts on 44% shooting.

We've got Och around 25% usage averaging 23pts on 55% shooting. And CB around 20% usage averaging 16pts on 61% shooting.

7 games in and I think we've settled the debate about CB and his role with our program moving forward. Next year i think this will be his team.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not a foregone conclusion that he’ll be back next year.

Self said after game that he will start popping up on draft boards. I also saw after game last night some draft nerds tweet about him.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Intend to gloss over most of illy’s posts, what got him all worked up about Braun?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:49 am Intend to gloss over most of illy’s posts, what got him all worked up about Braun?
Seems like a strawman: intimating that the board was convinced Yesefu’s USC game meant he would come in and take over Braun’s starting spot. Most here had Braun safely in the starting lineup.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:49 am Intend to gloss over most of illy’s posts, what got him all worked up about Braun?
Ousdahl said CB ceiling is too low and we need to bench him for Yesufu if we plan to have any chance at winning a national title. Said we need more iso offense ran thru Yesufu. And plenty more.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:51 am
Seems like a strawman: intimating that the board was convinced Yesefu’s USC game meant he would come in and take over Braun’s starting spot. Most here had Braun safely in the starting lineup.
That sounds on brand.

Braun definitely playing lights out right now. Hopefully he keeps it up. I was at a company Christmas party last night so I missed the game. Will hopefully watch later tonight.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:51 am
Nothing to do with "the board". It's mainly directed at Ous.

Yesufu scoring against USC is the dumbest reason to say he's got a "higher ceiling" than Braun. Drake got killed in their matchup too. And USCs best player was a PF/C.

I am not "intimating" that the board was convinced Yesufu was going to start over CB....but many did want (and predict) CB to go to the bench when JW came back.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ous does have a plate of crow to eat on Braun, but I think he was more just frustrated in off-season that he knew Braun would start and play over Yesefu.

mjl was probably the only guy convinced the team would be better with Yesefu than Braun, but with the bias, it makes it a little more excusable.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:57 am Ous does have a plate of crow to eat on Braun, but I think he was more just frustrated in off-season that he knew Braun would start and play over Yesefu.
Ous was saying this shit in the last week or 2. Not in the offseason.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I like Braun, but he’s had way too many games in the past where he completely disappears. Seems like maybe he’s turned the corner this year. Tough to know for sure since we’ve played nothing but garbage teams so far. His worst performance was against the only good team we’ve played. Also the first game, so that’s also relevant
Deleted User 863

The infatuation with the unknown is playing out again.

Remy was going to be our best player. He's not.

Yesufu was going to beat out experienced multi year KU players because he put up good numbers for Drake (in the last third of the season once he actually started getting minutes due to injury). Yesufu can't even beat out Harris yet.

There's just a lot more to playing basketball than how you look. CB is our best post feeder. CB has good off the ball movement. He's good at defense. He rebounds.

Mr low ceiling role player is going to get a combine invite this summer.
Deleted User 863

Cascadia wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 am I like Braun, but he’s had way too many games in the past where he completely disappears.
Fair. But you can say that about every single player on our team.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

We’ve played 6 cupcakes and 1 mediocre team. I’d pump the brakes on any grand conclusions.