Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Not necessarily discrediting the content of this article. But had never heard of commondreams.org before so I looked it up. It bills itself as a news media serving progressive america (figured as much, so content might be slanted)...also, first hit on google it pops up on this website (disclaimer*never heard of this website either) https://www.bullshido.net/list-bs-fake- ... sites/amp/ as a newsource that is fake or shouldnt be trusted at face value.

After the discussion about conservative media and wherr media is consumed alters the viewpoint I just thought id offer this note.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

For the record, I didn't disparage Larry the Cable Guy.
He definitely has a talent, and by all accounts he seems like a good guy.

I am not a fan of his comedy myself.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:01 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:25 pm
And my guess is that there would be a large intersection between the group of people who pay money to attend and crack up at a Larry the Cable Guy show and the people who pay money to attend a Trump pep rally and crack up at Trump's ridiculous antics.
And speaking of doing obviously dumb things, one of my favorite dumb things is making fun of your state's most generous charitable donor for several years straight...cuZ TRumP!

https://variety.com/2011/tv/news/git-r- ... 118038764/

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprof ... /386865165
Catering to hillbillies pays well. A good comedian plays to their audience for sure. I'd bet that the megachurches folks do lots of charitable things as well.

By all accounts, he is a nice and generous man. But that has zero to do with anything other than you throwing turds into the mix to amuse yourself.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:01 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:44 am
And the mouth breathers laugh like they are at a Larry the Cable Guy show.
I remember a time when democrats werent complete dickheads to entire groups of people theyve never met.
And I remember a time when conservatives complained that liberals were too whiney and bent out of shape over any little slight that may denigrate anyone in any way. So does this make you a snowflake too or just abhypocrite?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:44 am

And the mouth breathers laugh like they are at a Larry the Cable Guy show.
I remember a time when democrats werent complete dickheads to entire groups of people theyve never met.
And I remember a time when conservatives complained that liberals were too whiney and bent out of shape over any little slight that may denigrate anyone in any way. So does this make you a snowflake too or just abhypocrite?

Do you always repond to the same post twice?

Also, interesting you choose to respond to mine, and call me a snowflake but you say nothing about jeepings post, which of course was the same as mine just reversed and which i copied to make fun of, but you do you.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:32 pm

Also, interesting you choose to respond to mine, and call me a snowflake but you say nothing about jeepings post, which of course was the same as mine just reversed and which i copied to make fun of, but you do you.
Always? No.

I asked if it made you a snowflake or a hypocrite. I didnt call you anything. And I dont spend enough consecutive minutes here reading all of the posts consecutively to notice whether or not someone's post is just a deliberate reversal of some other post.

It's a message board and I visit it in random 60 second bursts when I have a second. It's not a continuous conversation with no breaks in the action, conversation or attention so you get what you get as far as responses when you choose to utilize this forum.

EDIT: and where's this reversed post I am supposed to have remembered? I scrolled back through this thread to early December and see no such thing. I hope you dont think I am now supposed to recognize it from an entirely different thread.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:25 pm
And my guess is that there would be a large intersection between the group of people who pay money to attend and crack up at a Larry the Cable Guy show and the people who pay money to attend a Trump pep rally and crack up at Trump's ridiculous antics.
And speaking of doing obviously dumb things, one of my favorite dumb things is making fun of your state's most generous charitable donor for several years straight...cuZ TRumP!

Catering to hillbillies pays well. A good comedian plays to their audience for sure. I'd bet that the megachurches folks do lots of charitable things as well.

By all accounts, he is a nice and generous man. But that has zero to do with anything other than you throwing turds into the mix to amuse yourself.
No, it actually says everything anyone might need to know about you -- namely that you are absolutely convinced of your superiority to someone you'v never met, never interacted with, know next to nothing about, and yet enjoy criticizing for no other reason than signal your status.

All this despite the fact than he has literally given millions of dollars of his own money to help people who desperately need help -- mostly in the state you live in.

The truth is that HE had "zero to do with anything other than you throwing turds into the mix to amuse yourself."
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Always? No.

I asked if it made you a snowflake or a hypocrite. I didnt call you anything. And I dont spend enough consecutive minutes here reading all of the posts consecutively to notice whether or not someone's post is just a deliberate reversal of some other post.

It's a message board and I visit it in random 60 second bursts when I have a second. It's not a continuous conversation with no breaks in the action, conversation or attention so you get what you get as far as responses when you choose to utilize this forum.

EDIT: and where's this reversed post I am supposed to have remembered? I scrolled back through this thread to early December and see no such thing. I hope you dont think I am now supposed to recognize it from an entirely different thread.
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 pm I remember when Republicans weren't complete dickheads.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 pm

No, it actually says everything anyone might need to know about you -- namely that you are absolutely convinced of your superiority to someone you'v never met, never interacted with, know next to nothing about, and yet enjoy criticizing for no other reason than signal your status.

All this despite the fact than he has literally given millions of dollars of his own money to help people who desperately need help -- mostly in the state you live in.

The truth is that HE had "zero to do with anything other than you throwing turds into the mix to amuse yourself."
WTF are you even talking about? I have not said a single derogatory thing about him. Good grief, someone compares a crowd at a Trump rally to a Larry the Cable Guy concert and now you're dropping this nonsense.

Get a grip.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:34 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Always? No.

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 pm I remember when Republicans weren't complete dickheads.
So yes, from a completely different thread.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:36 pm

WTF are you even talking about? I have not said a single derogatory thing about him. Good grief, someone compares a crowd at a Trump rally to a Larry the Cable Guy concert and now you're dropping this nonsense.

Get a grip.
Ah. My bad. You actually LOVE Trump rallies and voters.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:43 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:36 pm

Get a grip.
Ah. My bad. You actually LOVE Trump rallies and voters.
Make up your mind. If your issue with my comments is about the attendees at these events, then why are you blabbering about Larry the Cable Guy and how much money he donates?!? The two things have exactly nothing to do with each other.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Exactly. Just poop flinging to watch the reaction.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Catering to hillbillies pays well.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Catering to any dedicated market pays well. And have you actually listened to any of his comedy routines? Use whatever adjective that sits better with you to describe "redneck humor". That's proudly what it is and how it's marketed.

It's not lower class than me, it's just not targeted at me and I dont find it any more amusing than poop jokes in a low brow comedy film. Good for a chuckle but not something I wouldnt pay to see. To each their own.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Last I checked, a hillbilly’s vote counts exactly the same as one cast by a graduate of an Ivy League school living on the Upper East Side. Unchecked elitist attitudes like that - read: “basket of deplorables” - ended up costing Dowdy the White House in 2016, if memory serves.

Might wanna listen to Bubba and Sonny and Junior rather than roll your eyes, because they will vote in November, come Hell or high water.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Government by the lowest common denominator is not what I prefer.