COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by ousdahl »

And in terms of justice and of lives saved and of reducing costs to the system and impacts to families and communities and blah blah blah, don’t throw the book at the Jamari’s dads. Throw the book at the Sacklers.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lil wayne lyrics keep popping into my head
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm Cocaine, meh. (It was nonviolent too, right?)

Yeah it’s a bigger deal than weed, but no it doesn’t deserve a life sentence either.
I haven't looked it up, but i highly doubt it was his first criminal conviction.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That’s quite the scoop!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I remember when habitual offender laws were being enacted. They were mostly popular and got bipartisan support. People acted like it was a no brainer that if you had committed 3 felonies you should be locked up for life.

It's funny how hindsight and cultural changes alter opinions about things.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

I guess it all depends on the felonies. If you are habitually committing armed robbery then you probably deserve to be locked up for life or at the very least a LONG time.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

There is a chain of violence that results in herion/meth/cocaine being available to be sold on the streets. Its not a victimless process. If you are habitually slangin theres a high probability youve been involved in some of that violence, not to mention actively perpetuating that cycle of violence.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... s/2495604/

What's causing allergic reactions. My understanding is that this one isnt incubated in eggs like the flu vaccine is/or was.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:56 pm https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... s/2495604/

What's causing allergic reactions. My understanding is that this one isnt incubated in eggs like the flu vaccine is/or was.
Since it only affected 6 people, it's probably not something like a contamination. My guess is it's the lipids. Mist likely just by chance there were 6 people in that gruop sensitive to the lipids present. The only other components are sucrose, salts, Tris buffer and the mRNA.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:49 am would anyone here be ok with a convicted felon, same demographics as yourself, being ahead of you in line for vaccination just because of the conditions present in the prison system?
Yes, I would be fine with it. They are stull.humans and should be treated as such. Their risk is higher than mine so I am fine with them getting it before me.
Deleted User 863

My wife got her first dose this week. Said her arm hurt (soreness) worse than any other shot she can remember. But other than that no other side effects. She goes back for the 2nd shot in 3-4 weeks.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:45 am My wife got her first dose this week. Said her arm hurt (soreness) worse than any other shot she can remember. But other than that no other side effects. She goes back for the 2nd shot in 3-4 weeks.
2nd one is the worst one and it's not close, according to Mrs. Newton who got hers last week.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I just found out my neighbor and his wife had it (he's my lumber salesman), one of my clients was exposed so she's quarantined, and an artist friend of mine told me yesterday that his whole family had it, except for his son. In the movies, his son would be whisked away and studied by scientists.
Deleted User 863

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:26 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:45 am My wife got her first dose this week. Said her arm hurt (soreness) worse than any other shot she can remember. But other than that no other side effects. She goes back for the 2nd shot in 3-4 weeks.
2nd one is the worst one and it's not close, according to Mrs. Newton who got hers last week.
Yikes.

Any idea why it hurts so badly?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Nope I personally don’t. She mentioned soreness in arm with first shot. 2nd one she had a fever, some chills, aches and all that. Was about a 30 or so hour period of that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

i wonder if those doses are equal

i believe the UK Oxford vaccine is dealt out in a partial first dose and full second dose
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mrs 99 had her 2nd shot this week. No complaints about anything.
Broham
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Trump may end up killing all of us before this is over...

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 89

what in the absolute fuck