Remy's Knee Thread:

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Re: Remy's Knee Thread:

Post by PhDhawk »

Efficiency still matters though. I have no problem with Agbaji taking a three early in the shot clock, he's shooting 45%. With Remy you can wait and get a higher percentage shot.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:15 pm I don’t think Remy has it, physically. There’s no burst at all. I’m all for optimizing for March. If that means he sits, ok.
Agree with that. Just has to be one or the other, play him a lot or not at all.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:16 pm Efficiency still matters though. I have no problem with Agbaji taking a three early in the shot clock, he's shooting 45%. With Remy you can wait and get a higher percentage shot.
Still think that is bordering on playing a style of ball that's not good for this personnel. Just depends on the look.

I thought he had one bad shot last night, and it was the one we probably are all thinking where he just dribbled down and took a quick 2 point jump shot. He got 6 shots up, so if he has 1 bad shot out of 6, that's a lot better than we thought we'd get out of him.

Everything is falling short right now, though, so again have to think about what kind of physical shape he is in right now.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:56 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 am Devonte Graham was on Instagram live at the end of the KU game....he was not a fan of the bad Remy shot. Basically said if you're going to take that bad shot you better make it. He kept saying "get the ball to Och".
I saw that, and while I don't agree with your interpretation, I posted what I posted.
Not sure how else to interpret "get the ball to Och".."oh Remy you better make that" in a clearly frustrated tone at the shot he bricked.

Remy played fine in his 21min. I am not sure how many of those 21min were spent guarding Pack or Nowell though?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:23 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:55 am Devonte Graham was on Instagram live at the end of the KU game....he was not a fan of the bad Remy shot. Basically said if you're going to take that bad shot you better make it. He kept saying "get the ball to Och".
I saw that, and while I don't agree with your interpretation, I posted what I posted.
Not sure how else to interpret "get the ball to Och".."oh Remy you better make that" in a clearly frustrated tone at the shot he bricked.

Remy played fine in his 21min. I am not sure how many of those 21min were spent guarding Pack or Nowell though?
We switch all ball screens 1-4 all game.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He got roasted on a couple threes.
I also disagree that he only had one bad shot.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

He spent most of his second half guarding Pack in the Triangle-and-2, which I thought was a mistake matchup by Bill, but he may have been trying to save some of Dajuan's legs for the end of the game--which, we have seen Dajuan really tire out at the end of games. And maybe Nowell would be the tougher matchup for Remy because he can get downhill so easy.

Remy definitely got burnt a couple of times, including a bad and-one, but Pack was obviously less effective the 2nd half and Remy did a pretty good job overall chasing him in the junk D.
Deleted User 863

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:25 pm

We switch all ball screens 1-4 all game.
Yup.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

How bad must Yesufu be, though?

You play a triangle and 2 defense where the 2 being guarded man are quick small guys and Remy Martin is a poor defender even when fully healthy. Yesufu doesn't even get off the bench to help give Dajuan and Remy a breather.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Is Pettiford hurt again?
Anyone confirm that?
Also is Clemence available ?
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:31 pm How bad must Yesufu be, though?

You play a triangle and 2 defense where the 2 being guarded man are quick small guys and Remy Martin is a poor defender even when fully healthy. Yesufu doesn't even get off the bench to help give Dajuan and Remy a breather.
Yes. It's concerning. Because there aren't a lot of available guards for next year left in the top 100. We will need him, even with DH and Pettiford. If he's worse at defense than Remy then that is not ideal.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There's just such a sharp learning curve for small guards in Self's system, especially on defense. Damn near every freshmen and transfer guard has struggled out of the gate or never got it. And some were very talented. Dotson only guy I can think of that got things right away, and he was a hell of an on-ball defender.

Bigs seem to have an easier time. Tarik, Embiid, Marcus, Shady come to mind.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

pdub wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:33 pm Is Pettiford hurt again?
Anyone confirm that?
Also is Clemence available ?
Pettiford was ruled out prior to the game. Never saw a reason.

Clemence participated in some pregame shoot around. Haven’t heard anything else.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:26 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:26 pm Remy was 1-5 with 2pts 2rebs 1ast 2stl and 2TOs. He wasn't lighting it up.

DH was actually being aggressive. 3-10fg with 7pts 4ast 1reb 2stl and 2TOs.

The talent gap between our small guards isn't as big as some wish. 3 future non NBA guards. That's not meant to be a diss to them. But it's not like DH is playing over Frank or Devonte.
Remy is significantly more talented than dajuan. Although I agree with them both being non NBA guys. Remy is only non NBA because he is too small. Dajuan is non NBA because he is too small too slow and not skilled enough
Bump. Remy showing off why he is so much more talented than dajuan. He needs to stay healthy and keep dajuan on the bench

Our best lineup is pretty clearly
Remy
Braun
Och
Jalen
McCormack

Dajuan is a good role player but I've seen enough of him getting big minutes
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

OK, so what's the story on medical minutes restriction?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Maybe with short turnaround..? I think Bill liked what he saw to not go back to him. There must have been something that was holding back.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:03 pm OK, so what's the story on medical minutes restriction?
Where'd you hear it?
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Remy has not been half as good as I expected him to be. This is an OA, CB and to a lesser extent JW team. But Remy is still better than Harris.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The best lineup tonight was Remy CB Och JW and KJ
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:03 pm OK, so what's the story on medical minutes restriction?
Played 22 minutes even. Not a second more, not a second less.