Contributor

Re: Fox and Friends

Post by Shirley »

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:51 pm In honor of Jim Bakker's 80th birthday - an incredible video tribute.

Guess who's missing?

Not a Jim Bakker fan in any way, but is it possible that you wouldn't want to include your ex-wife, who abandoned you while you were in prison for another (coincidentally, I'm sure, wealthier) man, in your birthday video? I'm guessing there were some hard feelings.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 pm
chiknbut wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:51 pm In honor of Jim Bakker's 80th birthday - an incredible video tribute.

Guess who's missing?

Not a Jim Bakker fan in any way, but is it possible that you wouldn't want to include your ex-wife, who abandoned you while you were in prison for another (coincidentally, I'm sure, wealthier) man, in your birthday video? I'm guessing there were some hard feelings.
Shocking take right there. Where's Lobster?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:15 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 pm

Guess who's missing?

Shocking take right there. Where's Lobster?
Not a tale; just the truth. You have the Google machine. Check it for yourself.
Deleted User 62

Bakker should have seen his way clear of fucking prison.

Jeebus freaks sure seem to have a propensity for breaking commandments.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:21 pm Bakker should have seen his way clear of fucking prison.

Jeebus freaks sure seem to have a propensity for breaking commandments.
Don’t disagree with you at all. He was/is greedy and used/uses his platform to make money. Not okay with that.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The history of this country is littered with those charlatans. Oral Roberts was among the richer ones but they used to tour the country in tents hustling money.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Makes this all the more hilarious!

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 pm Makes this all the more hilarious!

Awesome show. Danny McBride at his finest.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Fox and friends coming strong this morning, with Ben Carson here to tell us the cause of homelessness is all them damn gummint regulations.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Do you watch any actual news or just Fox news? Your desire to be outraged is bizarre.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:16 am Do you watch any actual news or just Fox news? Your desire to be outraged is bizarre.
It borders on masochistic.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Be careful ousdahl, it looks like 2/3rds of the "conservative" brain trust is coming for you!
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m just glad it was the conservative brain trust, of all people, who has been kind enough to clarify that watching Fox News really don’t count at “actual news,” and doing so is fueled by a borderline masochistic desire to be outraged.

How meta!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm I’m just glad it was the conservative brain trust, of all people, who has been kind enough to clarify that watching Fox News really don’t count at “actual news,” and doing so is fueled by a borderline masochistic desire to be outraged.

How meta!
I wasn't trying to be insulting. I was merely echoing Illy's puzzlement as to why someone would intentionally sit down daily to watch something that bothers them so much. Why put yourself through that?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, I asked pretty much the same question to my dad. When he went on some vague rant about how he only trusts Fox News cuz Fox News says other sources aren’t actual news, I was curious to check it out myself. You know, for the perspective. And the lulz
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:36 am Fox and friends coming strong this morning, with Ben Carson here to tell us the cause of homelessness is all them damn gummint regulations.
You should ask defix why people can't afford homes in San Francisco.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm I’m just glad it was the conservative brain trust, of all people, who has been kind enough to clarify that watching Fox News really don’t count at “actual news,” and doing so is fueled by a borderline masochistic desire to be outraged.

How meta!
Perfect.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:51 pm

How meta!
I wasn't trying to be insulting. I was merely echoing Illy's puzzlement as to why someone would intentionally sit down daily to watch something that bothers them so much. Why put yourself through that?
People go to horror movies and close their eyes for a good portion of the movie. But they go to the horror movie nonetheless. And they'll go the next one and close their eyes for a good portion of that also. So there's that.......as a psychologist YOU figure it out.