KU FB offseason

Kansas Football.
DeletedUser

Re: KU FB offseason

Post by DeletedUser »

I've seen some recent comments by players indicating they are excited to play more games on real grass as opposed to turf.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

What on earth is a wheat themed light?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

They wave when we score. Both directions on a TD, just one way (but really fast) on a successful PAT.

They also generate electricity this way, to produce a net zero carbon footprint, as long as the team scores at least 3 touchdowns/game.

Assume continued offensive prowess.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:58 pm What on earth is a wheat themed light?
viewtopic.php?t=4751

(jokes aside, you can see renderings here: https://kugatewaydistrict.com/david-boo ... l-stadium/)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... postseason

15. Kansas Jayhawks
FPI's chance to make playoff: 24% | Win national title: .9%
2023 record: 9-4
ESPN BET odds to win the national title: 150-1
CFP ranking history: Three appearances, highest at No. 16
Dinich's take: Kansas is light-years better than it used to be, but better chances to make the CFP than Utah? And K-State? A rival they haven't beaten since 2008? Pump the brakes. For the first time since 2009, the Jayhawks are coming off a bowl victory, and ESPN's FPI projects them to win every game -- except Oct. 26 at... K-State. You have to get all the way to No. 15 on this list before you find a team with less than a 1% chance to win the national title. Kansas has earned the distinction.
Toughest test: Oct. 26 at K-State. ESPN's FPI gives the Wildcats a 53.6% chance to win this game for the 16th straight time. Last year, Kansas allowed its rival to overcome an 11-point second-half deficit. The Jayhawks were playing with a former walk-on at quarterback, though, in place of injured starter Jalon Daniels and his backup, Jason Bean. If Daniels can stay healthy, Kansas might snap its losing streak.
What the committee will like: Style points. With six road games, it's not fair to call this schedule easy, but the reality is that there aren't any blockbuster matchups in the lineup. If Kansas is going to earn an at-large spot, it has to leave no doubt it looks the part -- and do it on a consistent basis. The selection committee is more impressed by wins against CFP top-25 teams, but there is certainly respect in the room for beating a bowl-bound team, especially on the road in convincing style.
What the committee won't like: No Big 12 title. If the Jayhawks win the new-look Big 12 -- which FPI says they will -- they're in. If they don't? The selection committee will take issue with their schedule. Pop quiz: Where is Lindenwood? Exactly. Apparently, Lindenwood is at Kansas for the Jayhawks' season opener. Then they face Illinois and UNLV -- the same team Kansas beat in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. If Kansas doesn't win the Big 12, it needs to hope the selection committee ranks some of its conference opponents -- such as K-State -- and it needs to win those games.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"22. Kansas Jayhawks
Ceiling: 12-0 | Floor: 6-6

Key game: at Kansas State, Oct. 26

When your archrival has beaten you 15 straight times, as Kansas State has to Kansas, that game holds some psychic power over your season. The Jayhawks are a legitimate Big 12 threat, but before last year, the Wildcats had won the previous four meetings by an average score of 44-15, before Kansas lost an 11-point lead [ with their 3rd string quarterback and a god awful phantom hold on 4th down that gave ksu 7 points ] in a 31-27 heartbreaker last season. With a favorable schedule that doesn't include Utah, Oklahoma State or Arizona, the Sunflower Showdown looms large."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... redictions
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... mes-pearce

Daniels, Bryant.
I think they are missing Neal. He’d sneak into my top 100.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:25 pm https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... mes-pearce

Daniels, Bryant.
I think they are missing Neal. He’d sneak into my top 100.
77 and 40.
I'm biased but I'm putting Bryant top 60 and Daniels top 30.

P.S. I feel their 4, 2, and 1, are a joke.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Psychhawk

Post by Psychhawk »

That list can't possibly be right. There are 17 quarterbacks rated higher than KSU's Heisman candidate.