Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Kamala! Fuck Yeah!

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:58 pm I see this from a few angles.

I dunno if it’s a huge deal to not talk to the press. I also saw talking points like “but lots of other candidates have done the same.”

But at the very least, a candidate not talking to the press does nothing to help the “but I’m the one here to save democracy” sorts of points.

And, maybe I’m reading into it too far, but it might be a sign of uncertainty, even weakness, that Kamala and/or her handlers might be afraid she’s vulnerable to a potential press conference gaffe.
She does gaggles all the time. This is, as of the moment anyway, a contrived concern.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:58 pm And, maybe I’m reading into it too far, but it might be a sign of uncertainty, even weakness, that Kamala and/or her handlers might be afraid she’s vulnerable to a potential press conference gaffe.
Of course she is (vulnerable to a gaffe). She has plenty of them already.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I dunno if it’s a huge deal to not talk to the press. I also saw talking points like “but lots of other candidates have done the same.”

But at the very least, a candidate not talking to the press does nothing to help the “but I’m the one here to save democracy” sorts of points.

And, maybe I’m reading into it too far, but it might be a sign of uncertainty, even weakness, that Kamala and/or her handlers might be afraid she’s vulnerable to a potential press conference gaffe.
You mean how Trump’s last two public appearances have gone?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 4:43 pm

You mean how Trump’s last two public appearances have gone?
Which is exactly the point - the false equivalency is galling.

Somehow, Trump holding rallies disguised as press conferences or "interviews" is supposed to mean that Harris should submit to a flogging.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, Trump is much more the known commodity. Everyone expects his “interviews” to be thinly-veiled pep rallies, and for him to spew dumb shit.

Kamala’s the shiny new option, with comparatively fewer gaffes to date, particularly since she became the candidate for the big chair.

In that sense, she may have more to loose from a foot in the mouth.

And I hope this equivalency isn’t false to suggest, every candidate should submit to a flogging (from a free press)

That’s kind of an important part of, like, democracy.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

there is nothing shiny and new about ch. we know exactly what she is all about.

to suggest otherwise is rubbish.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:20 pm I mean, Trump is much more the known commodity. Everyone expects his “interviews” to be thinly-veiled pep rallies, and for him to spew dumb shit.

Kamala’s the shiny new option, with comparatively fewer gaffes to date, particularly since she became the candidate for the big chair.

And I hope this equivalency isn’t false to suggest, every candidate should submit to a flogging (from a free press)

“Free press”…..as DC would say……lulz
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:20 pm I mean, Trump is much more the known commodity. Everyone expects his “interviews” to be thinly-veiled pep rallies, and for him to spew dumb shit.

What's false is to hold Harris (or Biden, before her) to a higher standard than one does Trump. And that is precisely what the media does, over and over.

That we are even having this discussion is evidence of exactly that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:44 pm there is nothing shiny and new about ch. we know exactly what she is all about.

to suggest otherwise is rubbish.
You sure know a lot about someone whose name you do not know.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

zsn wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:47 pm

“Free press”…..as DC would say……lulz
I mean yea, lulz for sure.

It sucks that so much of the media is controlled by the exact same evil rich people who buy and sell politicians in the first place
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it sucks that the media hasn’t, and likely won’t in the future, treat both candidates equally
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:07 pm it sucks that the media hasn’t, and likely won’t in the future, treat both candidates equally
It's all fun and games here on the Pols bored, but the failure to do this in 2016 probably cost hundreds of thousands of American lives.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:11 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:07 pm it sucks that the media hasn’t, and likely won’t in the future, treat both candidates equally
It's all fun and games here on the Pols bored, but the failure to do this in 2016 probably cost hundreds of thousands of American lives.
And they are doing it again. No one had any hesitation to publish ill-gotten material, egged on by one candidate, in 2016. Now suddenly everyone has found religion!!

FTR- I think they are right now and wrong then, but they set the precedent. So, stick to it?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'm going to guess 90% of you having the KH circle jerk are voting against Trump more than you're voting for her.
How many of you will/would admit it? I'm going to guess 5%.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:43 pm I'm going to guess 90% of you having the KH circle jerk are voting against Trump more than you're voting for her.
Absolutely voting against Trump here.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:43 pm I'm going to guess 90% of you having the KH circle jerk are voting against Trump more than you're voting for her.
Isn't that the nature of voting?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the last 2 elections i voted against trump, but also for the democratic platform

neither clinton nor Biden were my preferred D candidate in ‘16 and ‘20
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I think Kamala should just allow Trump to keep flapping his jowls.

His word salad hate speech does more to hurt him and helps her too.
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:49 pm the last 2 elections i voted against trump, but also for the democratic platform

Same principle. I don’t recall where exactly I was on Joe during 2020 primaries. I think I preferred Klobuchar and Gillibrand.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:23 am
KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 8:49 pm the last 2 elections i voted against trump, but also for the democratic platform

Same principle. I don’t recall where exactly I was on Joe during 2020 primaries. I think I preferred Klobuchar and Gillibrand.
Gillibrand? After she forced Senator Al Franken to resign?
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman