We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: We Lost the Battle for the Republican Party’s Soul Long Ago

Post by KUTradition »

the “persecuted” religious right raises its hand
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol, remember at the Trump rallies when he'd go on and on about how the Bible was his favorite book, with The Art Of The Deal coming in a close second...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.psypost.org/2022/11/study-l ... 4300?amp=1

Study links identity threat among white evangelicals to the belief Trump’s election was part of God’s plan
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Was pretty strange that the Treasurer got 100,000 more votes than Hobbs.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:12 pm https://www.psypost.org/2022/11/study-l ... 4300?amp=1

Study links identity threat among white evangelicals to the belief Trump’s election was part of God’s plan
It is reported that 88% of evangelicals polled after voting in Georgia voted for a man who abuses women, has 4 children with 4 different women and who has encouraged multiple of those women to get abortions in Herschel Walker over a man who is a pastor and who is the son of two pastors, one of whom also served in the military in Raphael Warnock, so no story they make up to justify voting for scumbags surprises me.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

He encouraged some of those women to get abortions?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/shows/r ... /rcna57241

…So, just to clarify things here: Republicans have been using Walker’s campaign — effectively, his labor — to raise money for themselves. And then they give him a meager cut of what they’ve raised.

literally $0.10 on the dollar

Think of it like political sharecropping…
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:02 pm Was pretty strange that the Treasurer got 100,000 more votes than Hobbs.
Why is that strange?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

People generally do not turn up to vote in higher numbers for a Treasurer than a Governor.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:16 pm People generally do not turn up to vote in higher numbers for a Treasurer than a Governor.
They didn't. There were tens of thousands more votes in the Governor race.
If you're trying to say the Republican treasurer candidate received more votes than the Republican Gubernatorial candidate, which is accurate, then no, that's not weird at all. Lots of people don't vote straight ticket.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:57 pm
StayCurious wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:02 pm Was pretty strange that the Treasurer got 100,000 more votes than Hobbs.
Why is that strange?
Hmmmmm…….the right wing echo chamber hasn’t thought that far……this is just line they gave them to parrot today
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

StayCurious wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:16 pm People generally do not turn up to vote in higher numbers for a Treasurer than a Governor.
You seriously are fucking stupid, aren’t you?
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

zsn wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:29 am
Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:57 pm
Why is that strange?
Hmmmmm…….the right wing echo chamber hasn’t thought that far……this is just line they gave them to parrot today
BINGO!

If they thought it through they might realize how much that backfires on them in regards to their argument - if they were to look at the other races and vote tallies in AZ.

https://results.arizona.vote/#/featured/33/0
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Bevin asked the same question 4 years ago when he lost in Kentucky while all other Republicans won. Every one just hated that guy and the R wasn't enough to get him reelected.
Broham
Deleted User 863

Overlander wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:16 am
1:16 am

Bullying a stranger

Tell me, who is the dumb one again?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

There were a total of 2,475,856 votes cast in the Treasurer's race and 2,536,625 votes cast in the Governor's race. If you don't understand that you can't look at just the totals for the winners to define how many total votes were cast then I don't know what else to tell you.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:42 am

Bullying a stranger

Ummmmm.

I believe he's in Idaho (or possibly California?). If so, it wasn't 1:16am where he is/was when he posted that.
Second, I'm confused as to why it seems you may feel the time of day someone posts something determines if they are smart or dumb.

Regardless of all that, yes - it was a harsh post by Overlander. Although, I share similar sentiment in regards to StayQurious' (yes, Curious with a Q - as in QAnon) post.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:43 am

Bullying a stranger

Ummmmm.

I believe he's in Idaho (or possibly California?). If so, it wasn't 1:16am where he is/was when he posted that.
Second, I'm confused as to why it seems you may feel the time of day someone posts something determines if they are smart or dumb.

Regardless of all that, yes - it was a harsh post by Overlander. Although, I share similar sentiment in regards to StayQurious' (yes, Curious with a Q - as in QAnon) post.
1am, 11pm, 2am....doesn't make much difference, in my opinion. I stand by my original post.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…McCain Republicans overlap with those who crossed party lines to support President Joe Biden, turning the state blue in 2020. They tend to be centrist, business-friendly, middle- to upper-middle-class folks who live in the nicer neighborhoods of Phoenix and its close-in suburbs. They want lower taxes, efficient government and absolutely no drama.

They don't make up the majority of the party -- not by a long shot -- but they exceed that single percentage point Lake needed to best Hobbs.

They heard Lake's call to "get the hell out," and did as they were told.

The numbers bear this out. Arizona State Treasurer Kimberly Yee easily won re-election by double digits despite a quality opponent. A traditional Republican, Yee focused on fiscal responsibility instead of Trump-era grievances…

:lol:
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Bullying a stranger

I am on the west coast numb nuts
"The truth is obtained like gold, not by letting it grow bigger, but by washing off from it everything that isn’t gold.” Tolstoy