who ya got?

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: who ya got?

Post by ousdahl »

chiknbut wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm "Trump was a cry of desperation, an acknowledgement on the part of a plurality of voters that the last 40-50 years of politics as usual was an abject failure and that something had to be done."

I get this and understand, by why was Putin so desperate?
these are both good observations.

the big difference now being, Trump is no longer the shiny new model that just hit the proverbial showroom floor. He's the incumbent; the 4 year old vehicle that already has a lot of miles, not very reliable, and a hell of a difficult time to just keep in control when going down the highway. Will some plurality of voters see some value in that again?

and regarding Putin, I'd say something about whether voters are concerned, or whether they'll condone the administration's handling of this and other investigations. But largely because of this administration's handling, the thing about Putin is, we've still only begun to get all the juicy deets.

buckle up buckaroos, cuz the next 6 months are gonna be WILD.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

“for a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real — whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.”

- Joe Biden
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I did not know this:

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:22 am “for a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real — whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.”

- Joe Biden
this is quite a contrast from the way Trump has responded to these sorts of allegations.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:14 am
TDub wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:22 am “for a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real — whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.”

- Joe Biden
this is quite a contrast from the way Trump has responded to these sorts of allegations.
Thats what he said during the kavanaugh ordeal. Not what he said about his own allegations.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh.

Either way, quite a departure from potus’s, and Kav’s, response to allegations.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:12 pm Oh.

Either way, quite a departure from potus’s, and Kav’s, response to allegations.
lulz
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, I suppose Joe’s current response wasn’t too far off.

What is it with you guys bumping shit from years ago? Why didn’t you get this worked up about Kavanaugh when Kavanaugh was confirmed?
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TDub wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:03 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:14 am

- Joe Biden
Thats what he said during the kavanaugh ordeal. Not what he said about his own allegations.
Right! This is what he said recently about his own allegations....

"Look, from the very beginning, I’ve said believing women means taking the woman’s claim seriously when she steps forward, and then vet it. Look into it. That’s true in this case as well. Women have a right to be heard, and the press should rigorously investigate claims they make. I’ll always uphold that principle. But in the end, in every case, the truth is what matters. And in this case, the truth is the claims are false".

Do YOU have a problem with his words?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Poor drunk, maligned Kavanaugh. They seem quite proud of putting a practicing alcoholic on the SCOTUS.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Considering we have a shitload of "practicing alcoholics" in this country, I would say he's a man of the people - for the people.
Hey, as long as "little Liza" keeps saying her prayers, we'll all be just fine!
lulz?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:53 pm

"Look, from the very beginning, I’ve said believing women means taking the woman’s claim seriously when she steps forward, and then vet it. Look into it. That’s true in this case as well. Women have a right to be heard, and the press should rigorously investigate claims they make. I’ll always uphold that principle. But in the end, in every case, the truth is what matters. And in this case, the truth is the claims are false".

Only that he knows no one gives a shit or will "rigorously investigate" anything.

Cuz...lulz

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:12 pm
Grandma wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:53 pm

Only that he knows no one gives a shit or will "rigorously investigate" anything.

Cuz...lulz

Sorry, but Trump voters have spent the last three years stating that this is an acceptable way to handle the situation. I'd hate to be accused of not listening to them since a failure to listen to them is why I am told that we have this moron in the Oval Office.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:28 pm Sorry, but Trump voters have spent the last three years stating that this is an acceptable way to handle the situation. I'd hate to be accused of not listening to them since a failure to listen to them is why I am told that we have this moron in the Oval Office.
That's right. Hold your head up high. You're a Trumper now. You've just chosen a different "Trump."

You must be so proud.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

"your candidate is finally as bad as ours" is quite the smack talk!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:40 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:28 pm Sorry, but Trump voters have spent the last three years stating that this is an acceptable way to handle the situation. I'd hate to be accused of not listening to them since a failure to listen to them is why I am told that we have this moron in the Oval Office.
That's right. Hold your head up high. You're a Trumper now. You've just chosen a different "Trump."

You must be so proud.
Just taking your advice and listening to what matters to GOP voters. I am sure you are not implying that being a "Trumper" is a bad thing, are you? They elected a man who has had dozens of accusations against him so maybe it's really not in our nation's best interests to be so rigid about such things.

You're a big fan of establishing and respecting precedent. Well here you go.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:41 pm "your candidate is finally as bad as ours" is quite the smack talk!
One second!

I'll tell you a secret, though, if you like: my conscience is clear.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:49 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:40 pm

You must be so proud.
Just taking your advice and listening to what matters to GOP voters. I am sure you are not implying that being a "Trumper" is a bad thing, are you? They elected a man who has had dozens of accusations against him so maybe it's really not in our nation's best interests to be so rigid about such things.

You're a big fan of establishing and respecting precedent. Well here you go.
lulz

Trumper
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:41 pm "your candidate is finally as bad as ours" is quite the smack talk!
Smack talk is unnecessary when you can't practice what you preach. Your 180 degree turn on this says enough.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what 180 degree turn?