COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

Last year, I had travel booked for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Asia for a wedding in June 2020. Right about now, it was apparent that the US' response to this was going to be dogshit. I said something about how the issue with the wedding wasn't going to be problems with the virus at the destination, but the destination not letting Americans in.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/vacci ... gIzf_D_BwE

ITS ALREADY A THING

why is this so hard to understand?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Neanderthal thinking

lulz
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

(I wish DC would come back to tell us the real problem in Merica isn’t the Neanderthal thinking so much as it is the folks who call out other folks’s Neanderthal thinking...on the other bored, of course)
Deleted User 89

my favorite part?

idiots like lobster
Deleted User 89

maybe if you’d read something other than twitter memes, you could actually learn something
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

The biggest dumbfuck in Dumbfuckville.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:07 pm i had to chuckle at the conversation on the radio over lunch...people (like lobs) getting bent out of shape about the likely scenario of covid travel passports

news flash: this isn’t anything new. vaccination-based travel passports have been a thing for decades. i had to get numerous vaccinations prior to admittance into the Philippines and Indonesia, and i think Cameroon too. yellow fever was the big one, but i wouldn’t be surprised if there are/were others
I'm with you on this one, when I spent a year in africa in 1981, I had a list of vaccinations to get that was a page long. Fortunately, my client at the time was a Dr., so he vaccinated me every couple of days for about a month, when I showed up to work.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

defixione wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:15 pm I got my first vaccination with the Moderna Saturday at 3:00 p.m. My arm started hurting about 7:00 and I thought it was typical of any shot I've ever had. When I woke up Sunday morning I just didn't feel right; I felt sluggish and my whole body ached and I felt a little bit queasy but I decided to keep moving throughout the day. Upon awakening Monday morning, it felt like every joint in my body hurt, every muscle in my body hurt, and I couldn't focus on anything for more than 20 or 30 seconds at a time. I went to work for about an hour and a half and just couldn't stand it so I laid out the work schedule for my employees and went home. I lay down and took a nap late morning and late afternoon but couldn't shake the feeling so I took two ibuprofen and went to bed. I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and about 20 years younger. Rumor has it the vaccine is working.

If what I had was mini Covid, I would not wish this virus on anyone.
Got dose 1 of Pfizer yesterday. So far no issues (although I had weird dreams last night, could be unrelated). Everyone I know says dose 2 is a doozy. I'll see March 23.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I'm jealous. I want dreams like Lebowski had.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:26 pm Last year, I had travel booked for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Asia for a wedding in June 2020. Right about now, it was apparent that the US' response to this was going to be dogshit. I said something about how the issue with the wedding wasn't going to be problems with the virus at the destination, but the destination not letting Americans in.
Used to be the norm for admission into the USA as well, especially for visitors from certain areas (or those who have traveled to certain areas), until around the early 80’s. Cholera and yellow fever were the concern. TB and HIV tests are still prerequisites for permanent residency (green card).

I still remember the yellow cover books people would carry along with their passports, similar dimensions
Deleted User 89

i’ve still got mine (yellow vaccination booklet)
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dick jokes go in the recruiting thread.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:04 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:58 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:55 pm

"Think for yourself, don't let the media tell you what to do!" followed by "Tell me what to do, Catholic Church!"

Morons.
Here's the thing: you don't get to, institutionally, rocket yourself into the goddamned stratosphere with ABORTION IS BABY MURDER!!! histrionics, and then make common-sense exceptions.

Because, and this is important: there are no common-sense exceptions to actual baby murder.
The ultimate clashing between the two primary decision points for some Catholics. "Does it come from a 'murdered' baby" vs. "does it negatively impact me in any way". I hope they all decide to skip the vaccine so my parents can fight less people to get their appointment.
The pope said its ok.

When did catholics start to put the opinions of local priests ahead of the pope?

Hopefully they don't.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

zsn wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:26 pm Last year, I had travel booked for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Asia for a wedding in June 2020. Right about now, it was apparent that the US' response to this was going to be dogshit. I said something about how the issue with the wedding wasn't going to be problems with the virus at the destination, but the destination not letting Americans in.
Used to be the norm for admission into the USA as well, especially for visitors from certain areas (or those who have traveled to certain areas), until around the early 80’s. Cholera and yellow fever were the concern. TB and HIV tests are still prerequisites for permanent residency (green card).

I still remember the yellow cover books people would carry along with their passports, similar dimensions
I'd imagine the Venn diagram of people scared of the vaccine and people who have the means and curiosity to travel internationally don't have mych overlap.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

silly CDC director...what does she know anyway

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/03/health/u ... index.html
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:05 pm I'd imagine the Venn diagram of people scared of the vaccine and people who have the means and curiosity to travel internationally don't have mych overlap.
Good point! Although considering the number of tourists expressing surprise that a Milanese trattoria doesn’t feature fettuccine Alfredo on its menu, that overlap isn’t a null set!!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I love fettuccine alfredo
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:04 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:58 pm

Here's the thing: you don't get to, institutionally, rocket yourself into the goddamned stratosphere with ABORTION IS BABY MURDER!!! histrionics, and then make common-sense exceptions.

Because, and this is important: there are no common-sense exceptions to actual baby murder.
The ultimate clashing between the two primary decision points for some Catholics. "Does it come from a 'murdered' baby" vs. "does it negatively impact me in any way". I hope they all decide to skip the vaccine so my parents can fight less people to get their appointment.
The pope said its ok.

When did catholics start to put the opinions of local priests ahead of the pope?

Hopefully they don't.
The pope went from beloved to part of the global cabal when he spoke out against Trump.