Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

I hope the interviewer also asked Obama how many refugees he thinks were created by all the bombs he dropped

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/ ... 8ZiR9WCcTg
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Obama inherited two wars, the Arab Spring civil wars, the hunt for Bin Laden and separate Russian invasions of Syria, Georgia and Crimea just to piss off Ousdahl.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

While we were watching the Russia drama:

2 hours ago
Reports seem confirmed that Ukraine has crossed the Dnipro River near the Antonovsky Bridge and established a small bridgehead.

https://youtu.be/WB6TgYSvav0
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lol my goodness what timelinw did we fall into?

maybe the world actually did end in 2012 and this is some alternate reality
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

But has he really been vying for Russia's top defense job? As Newsweek Misinformation Watch found, Iranian outlets have apparently fallen for a social media hoax.

A number of Twitter, Reddit and Telegram posts (in English, Persian and other languages) over the past two days made the sensational claim that Steven Seagal, the star of 1990s action blockbusters Under Siege and Out for Justice, was set to replace Shoigu as the head of the Russian ministry of defense.

[...]

The articles, which referenced Sputnik as their source, appeared to have since been deleted from the Fars News, IRGC and other outlets and their Telegram channels, which have hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

Newsweek searched the Sputnik website and Telegram feed and found no evidence of such a story being published. Instead, as other users pointed out, the Iranians appeared to have taken the jokes and memes surrounding Prigozhin's mutiny—and referencing Seagal's deep ties to Russia—at face value.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

my response remains the same
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i will again reference Tom Segura’s comedy bit about Seagal

the funny thing is that it would totally fit with former narrative of russia (or the soviet union, really) being decades behind the US on pop culture

i chuckle at the thought of putin watching 90s action films and thinking “i should get this guy on my team”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:57 pm i will again reference Tom Segura’s comedy bit about Seagal

the funny thing is that it would totally fit with former narrative of russia (or the soviet union, really) being decades behind the US on pop culture

i chuckle at the thought of putin watching 90s action films and thinking “i should get this guy on my team”
After we turned a knownothing pussy-grabber (who we reasonably suspect is beholden to mobsters and oligarchs) into the leader of the free world, our gullibility on this point is understandable.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ummm

Not sure we’ve ever had a leader of the free world who wasn’t beholden to oligarchs…

(Tho in Merica, we usually give them the benefit of some euphemism like “entrepreneur”)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i smell red meat
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

Tho, they/them tends toward vegetarian

https://youtu.be/kniO382Hlug
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cluster munitions lulz
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Media hits every misstatement of Biden in an attempt to de-legitimize him. Reagan wasn't even speaking the same language a few years in and had Nancy's arm up his ass. "The Great Communicator."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What misstatement?

That “it’s hard to tell but Putin is clearly loosing the war in Iraq” (second Biden Iraq slip in 24 hours btw)

Or that if Putin is clearly loosing then why is it hard to tell?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the leader of the free world cannot string together a coherent sentence. even with the assist of a teleprompter. not the medias fault.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

wait…trump isn’t the leader of the free world anymore
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Cluster bombs.

Good fun.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto