“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Shirley »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:17 am
80%? Color me skeptical, but then, who knows? Because despite being "the greatest country in the world", we don't have the testing capability to find out.

smh
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Why can’t the person that sprays my lawn with the stuff that kills the dandelions be working? He drives around all day, in a truck all by his lonesome. House to house. Pulling his hose. Spraying grass. Never talks to anybody.

Why can’t we get them off unemployment and back to work.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

He said, "Pulling his hose".

The answer to your question, and assuming you still live in Michigan, possibly because there isn't a lawn care union for your Governor to get big "kick backs" from?
Not too sure how one determines if landscaping should or should not be deemed an "essential business".
Patience grasshopper. I know it's not easy but I'm pretty sure all of us are eager to get our life back to "normal" in many different aspects and ways.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

sdoyel wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:17 am
Kind of irresponsible of CBS to put out a headline that is a WAG from one doctor, considering the implication would be that this is no worse than the flu and we should re-open everything immediately. Because if 80% of kids have it, you have to assume 50%+ adults do too.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I wonder why we cannot apply some common sense when it comes to “who can practice their craft safely and sensibly without putting others in harms ways.”

There are oodles of examples where we could get them off unemployment and back to work without putting anyone in harms way.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 am I wonder why we cannot apply some common sense when it comes to “who can practice their craft safely and sensibly without putting others in harms ways.”

There are oodles of examples where we could get them off unemployment and back to work without putting anyone in harms way.
Go down to the statehouse packing your ar-15 and your don't tread on me flag.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:38 am Why can’t the person that sprays my lawn with the stuff that kills the dandelions be working? He drives around all day, in a truck all by his lonesome. House to house. Pulling his hose. Spraying grass. Never talks to anybody.

Lowes is open, get some weed and feed and do it yourself. I did. Good exercise and I actually accomplished something myself. You know, other that sitting at home whining.
Broham
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 am I wonder why we cannot apply some common sense when it comes to “who can practice their craft safely and sensibly without putting others in harms ways.”

Move out of Michigan. Not every state has restrictions that tight.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I would never move away from the Great Lake State.

Yes my governor has gone farther than most.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Then maybe take it to a michigan message board. Or write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:51 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:38 am Why can’t the person that sprays my lawn with the stuff that kills the dandelions be working? He drives around all day, in a truck all by his lonesome. House to house. Pulling his hose. Spraying grass. Never talks to anybody.

Lowes is open, get some weed and feed and do it yourself. I did. Good exercise and I actually accomplished something myself. You know, other that sitting at home whining.
I wish. My governor has deemed the gardening department non essential. I cannot go to Lowe’s or Home Depot or ace hardware or anywhere for that matter and purchase gardening supplies. Non essential here in Michigan.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

A lot of well intentioned mistakes are going to be made.

People are sick and dying. No one wants to listen to people bitching and moaning about not being able to golf.

Unemployment is a valid concern, but it's temporary. All of this is temporary. Except death, that's forever.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:05 am A lot of well intentioned mistakes are going to be made.

People are sick and dying. No one wants to listen to people bitching and moaning about not being able to golf.

Unemployment is a valid concern, but it's temporary. All of this is temporary. Except death, that's forever.
Some are acting like they’ve been told to sacrifice their first born kids or serve 18 months in an all out war zone.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:55 am I would never move away from the Great Lake State.

Yes my governor has gone farther than most.
Not sure if that’s true as we’ve gone all-in probably the earliest in California. The counties were a few days ahead of the State. It seems to have really made a difference. As I mentioned elsewhere when jumping from 10,000 feet with a parachute you don’t pull it off at 3000 feet because you have slowed down already.

Landscaping is not considered essential here but there are some landscaping guys who are still working and the cops use common sense when enforcing the policy. They have their hands full anyway
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:08 am
PhDhawk wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:05 am A lot of well intentioned mistakes are going to be made.

Some are acting like they’ve been told to sacrifice their first born kids or serve 18 months in an all out war zone.
In fairness, michawk can't golf, so it's even worse than that.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And here I am wondering why our state hasnt done more. Why our governor has gone into hiding for thw last month. Why its reccomended I wear a facemask but yet also told I should still go to work. Silly me
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The national strategy on the pandemic is actually not chaotic at all. "Nice blue state you have there. Be a shame if we were to steal your tests, PPE, and send armed protestors in. "