Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:28 am Is it dementia when I call one of my kids by the wrong name? Cuz if so, I've had it for 30 years.
my pops has called us by the dogs’ names since he was maybe 60

he’s still a university professor in the natural sciences at 74
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:30 am
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:28 am Is it dementia when I call one of my kids by the wrong name? Cuz if so, I've had it for 30 years.

I'm guilty of having done the same
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:43 am

lmao

we give him shit for it, but not once have i thought “must be dementia”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

FFS
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Some Russian talking points are still whanging around the board.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:14 pmFFS
facial feminization surgery?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I always kinda figured your name really was Fido…
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:46 am
Mjl wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:43 am

lmao

we give him shit for it, but not once have i thought “must be dementia”
Same with my grandmother. She called me and my cousin by her brothers’ and sons’ names (in quick succession - she’d rattle off about 4 or 5 names) before she called us by our name. And she hadn’t lived with her brothers for several decades at that point. No way she had dementia. Sharp as a tack until the week before she passed, at 91. Lost most of her hearing by her early-mid 80s but very much together mentally.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think these anecdotes are all a bit different than the leader of the free world calling another countries leader by the name of its invader
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:19 pm I think these anecdotes are all a bit different than the leader of the free world calling another countries leader by the name of its invader
There's also the one-term leader of the free world saying, yesterday over the weekend, that he served "decades and decades" in the big chair.

They're both puddles when it comes to public speaking.

My opinion - which you may or may not share - is that Trump is substantively much more problematic than Biden.

I wish Trump presented NORMAL problems, such that making fun of his verbal gaffes or flopsweat was fun.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Anybody who thinks this is about "gaffes" is lying -- to himself or someone else.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:34 pm
TDub wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:19 pm I think these anecdotes are all a bit different than the leader of the free world calling another countries leader by the name of its invader
There's also the one-term leader of the free world saying, yesterday over the weekend, that he served "decades and decades" in the big chair.

My opinion - which you may or may not share - is that Trump is substantively much more problematic than Biden.

I wish Trump presented NORMAL problems, such that making fun of his verbal gaffes or flopsweat was fun.
this goes back to my

"comparing a shitty tomato to a rotten tomato full of maggots does not make the shitty tomato palatable" thing
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:34 pm

"There's also the one-term leader of the free world saying, yesterday over the weekend, that he served "decades and decades" in the big chair."

It wasn't "yesterday or over the weekend". It was back in November.
Gee, between that "gaffe" and your recently saying Perry is the Governor of Texas - you obviously have dementia! :shock: :o :?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sometimes a man has to be humble and admit that things are going well. That maybe a Biden disinformation rooted meme is just an effort to boost his enemies. That the selfishness inside has turned into destructive hate. With that epiphany comes peace of mind. And creating rather than destroying.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Ding ding ding
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

anecdotes are like assholes…
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Oh.

President Joe Biden signed an order on Thursday allowing the Pentagon to call up as many as 3,000 reserve troops to support Operation Atlantic Resolve in Europe.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... ic-resolve
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Mjl wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:56 pm
Ding ding ding
Pizza is different than a hamburger but they're both food.

Some people want to make a big deal out of Biden calling Volodymyr Vladimir and some people want to minimize it.
Who should be and who gets to be the ultimate decider of how big or small of a deal should be made of it?

Speaking of "gaffes"......

https://www.indy100.com/news/biden-zele ... ato-summit
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:00 pm Oh.

President Joe Biden signed an order on Thursday allowing the Pentagon to call up as many as 3,000 reserve troops to support Operation Atlantic Resolve in Europe.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... ic-resolve
Which is a training exercise, yes?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Volodymyr Vladimir
Tomotoe Potatoe

Doesn't bother me much.
Defense. Rebounds.