Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by KUTradition »

and yes, i absolutely put more stock in the big bad western sources of info than i do china or russia

who are you, trump?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No, I'm not Trump. Far from it.

I'm just at least willing to consider the notion that maybe our military fucking around like everywhere and imperial meddling across the world and occupying other countries whether other countries want us there or not, means that maybe all that is about something more than just "freedom and democracy;" and that maybe, just maybe, we aren't always greeted as liberators.

who are you, Dick Cheney?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s a shame that you haven’t, and apparently continue not to, paid attention to my criticisms of this country

i’ve long argued that our conflicts in that region are as much about oil as they are anything else

i’ll repeat myself: the situation in Syria is much more complex than “we’re stealing their oil”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:08 am and yes, i absolutely put more stock in the big bad western sources of info than i do china or russia

who are you, trump?
That might be a mistake
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:55 am No, I'm not Trump. Far from it.

I'm just at least willing to consider the notion that maybe our military fucking around like everywhere and imperial meddling across the world and occupying other countries whether other countries want us there or not, means that maybe all that is about something more than just "freedom and democracy;" and that maybe, just maybe, we aren't always greeted as liberators.

who are you, Dick Cheney?
I think most the world is fully aware that America just wants power and control. And isn't this global source of good, that the deep state military industrial machine tries to convince its citizens of
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There is a reason China wants to take Taiwan, and Russia wants to take Ukraine. The United States uses both to keep a thumb on China and Russia. There is a reason all the countries are switching trade currency away from the American dollar
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And as time goes by, it looks more and more like the united states was the ones experimenting and studying viruses as biological weapons in these over sea biolabs
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

hooray for ignorance walking through the door

‘murica!!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Despite Randy’s best efforts, he might actually be more onto something than anyone insisting on nothing but the #StandWithUkraine sorta narrative

(And that narrative’s dumbass older sibling, WMDs in Iraq)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol

you seriously throwing in with randy?

good luck with that
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:30 am it’s a shame that you haven’t, and apparently continue not to, paid attention to my criticisms of this country

i’ve long argued that our conflicts in that region are as much about oil as they are anything else

i’ll repeat myself: the situation in Syria is much more complex than “we’re stealing their oil”
Forgive me if I haven’t given you enough credit for your criticisms.

Where I got confused is, where the line is drawn between/how to reconcile your criticisms of this country about certain things, with your confidence in this country about others.

If that may be said respectfully. And if it makes any sense at all
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you should re-read exactly what i said about the syria situation
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

id suggest he re read this entire thread but....I dont think it'd help.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub going full illy again…dude can’t help himself.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:52 am you should re-read exactly what i said about the syria situation
You lol’d at “illegal,” said it’s more complex than simply the US stealing Syria’s oil, and then asked about Assad’s relationship with China and Russia.

So, please enlighten me. what ARE Assad’s relationships with China and Russia, then?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:49 am lol

you seriously throwing in with randy?

good luck with that
I wouldn’t go that far.

I just think the wiser thing to do is be skeptical of the prescribed war narratives, rather than embrace them, and reject any skepticism or criticism otherwise as bad guy propaganda.

Especially considering the US’s track record with Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc., I don’t think it’s inappropriate to question things about Ukraine, Syria, etc.

“If you’re only anti-war after the fact, you’re pro-war”
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:49 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:52 am you should re-read exactly what i said about the syria situation
You lol’d at “illegal,” said it’s more complex than simply the US stealing Syria’s oil, and then asked about Assad’s relationship with China and Russia.

So, please enlighten me. what ARE Assad’s relationships with China and Russia, then?
i’m good

been down that road and it was a waste of time and energy
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

anyone else paying attention to the belarus-Poland dynamic?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Russia accusing Poland of ambitions of territorial gains in Belarus, and if they try, Russia will retaliate?

Yikes
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »