whose world is this?

its mine its mine its mine

I'm the mild, money-getting style, rolling foul
The versatile, honey-sticking wild golden child
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

Meanwhile, for the United States and its NATO allies, these 18 months of war have been a strategic windfall, at relatively low cost (other than for the Ukrainians).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... est-gloom/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:15 am Meanwhile, for the United States and its NATO allies, these 18 months of war have been a strategic windfall, at relatively low cost (other than for the Ukrainians).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... est-gloom/
I know your preference was for cataclysmic nuclear war. Sorry.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

what the fuck?

no bro, definitely not me. you might be thinking of someone else in this thread.

and, either way, not sure how that WaPo hot take prompted your response.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is a Tankie argument that NATO has pushed the war into its expansive depths. Saving Ukraine has had a large cost to Ukraine. Not intervening directly was done for existential and not strategic reasons alone. I thought you hewed to that Roger Waters logic. Sorry.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sparko wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:51 am There is a Tankie argument that NATO has pushed the war into its expansive depths. Saving Ukraine has had a large cost to Ukraine. Not intervening directly was done for existential and not strategic reasons alone. I thought you hewed to that Roger Waters logic. Sorry.
https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/16738 ... 8ZiR9WCcTg
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i love “points” that start with a false premise

so much fun
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Never mind Ukraine tho, that war is soo last year.

We’ve got so many bright shiny new wars to chug state department propaganda about!

…mark your bingo cards if you had “Iran war” in this thread too?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The U.N. thinks it will will take 757 years to de-mine Ukraine thanks to the Russian "way of war." They have sown thousands per KM. Other than massive explosions, I am not sure how to deal with it. The Russians just send conscripts through until the mines stop exploding.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:36 am
Sparko wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:51 am There is a Tankie argument that NATO has pushed the war into its expansive depths. Saving Ukraine has had a large cost to Ukraine. Not intervening directly was done for existential and not strategic reasons alone. I thought you hewed to that Roger Waters logic. Sorry.
https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/16738 ... 8ZiR9WCcTg
good point comrade. new pirate name "The Parrot of Putin"
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Caitlin Johnstone slaps herself when taking too many vegan treats.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:10 pm Caitlin Johnstone slaps herself when taking too many vegan treats.
Funniest post on here in quite a while
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Ukraine is now the most land mined country on the planet

fucking ‘muricans
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

North Korea fires missiles into sea hours after US submarine arrives in the South

South Korean armed forces condemn the two launches as a ‘grave provocation’

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... -annapolis
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you taking up golf now? you're gonna need to improve to keep up with kim
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:01 pm Ukraine is now the most land mined country on the planet

fucking ‘muricans
damn yankees

https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... raine/amp/
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

was it Jeter? fuckin hate that guy
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

huh…

turns out most African leaders don’t like putin fucking with their food supplies

who knew?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, fuck Putin.

Have I mentioned that in this thread yet?

but, you gotta admit, his ability to infiltrate western media and western military experts too, is uncanny.

Just consider yet another notorious Kremlin mouthpiece:

USA Today

'Zelenskyy is in a box': Some experts say Ukraine won't win the war.
Steven Myers, an Air Force veteran who served on the State Department's Advisory Committee on International Economic Policy under two secretaries of State, told USA TODAY that one of the West’s narratives is that Putin planned to conquer Ukraine and continue west if not stopped. But Myers argues that Russia's military tactics have been "completely inconsistent with conquest." The agenda was, is and will always be to keep Ukraine out of NATO at all costs, he said.

"Strategically, this war was lost by both sides before it started. It will end in stalemate, which I now think was Putin’s intent from the get-go," Myers said. "President Biden, NATO and (Ukrainian President Volodymyr) Zelenskyy have trapped themselves in a Catch-22 of their own making, unable to deliver on unrealistic expectations they created."

Sean McFate, a professor at Syracuse University and senior fellow at the nonpartisan Atlantic Council think tank, says Zelenskyy is "in a box. He can’t win but can’t afford to lose either." For more than a year he demanded increasingly sophisticated weapons and billions of dollars from NATO and promised to push Russia out in a spring offensive. That offensive "has been floundering," McFate says.

"NATO is experiencing donor fatigue and disappointment with Zelenskyy’s bluster," McFate told USA TODAY. "He’s losing credibility, Ukraine's main asset."

Providing Ukraine with more weapons and expecting the nation to win the war is "the definition of strategic insanity," McFate said. This war won't be won on a battlefield because no wars are won that way anymore, he said.

"The U.S. has been winning battles and losing wars for 50 years now," he said.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 475598007/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ridiculous. Experts said Ukraine wouldn't last a week. Putin has lost 250,000 dead and most of his armor. 315 aircraft. Wagner is defeated. Ukraine breaking into the backfield now. Never forget: a lot of these military "experts" are republican. Yeah. This is what Putin wanted. Sure. Goalpost moving.
And the U.S. has pretty much dominated every fight over our lifetime. But nation building is a no win thing. This particular fight is for national survival for Ukraine. Ukraine beating them it is just punishment for Russia's many transgressions. Russia is a nation that has screwed around and finally found out.