NFL Offseason 2020

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 141

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by Deleted User 141 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:50 am What seems unfair is telling a 15+ year season ticket holder they only get 4 games.

I think you reward your loyal members first.
Lol.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

?
Deleted User 141

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:12 am?
Sorry, with so many tickets being sold to corporate partners and ticket sites now, it makes me laugh when thinking if they really care about any single consumer, regardless of longevity. Of course the appearance will be given as such.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/291 ... l-32-teams

Worst offseasons:
32. Texans - duh - what a mess
31. Bears - gutter?!
30. Pats - yay
29. Lions
28. Rams - bye Gurley
27. Packers - bye ( eventually ) Rodgers
26. Seahawks - let Russell Wilson throw the ball
25. Titans - oops Gquinn!
Deleted User 141

Yeah it seems bad in the surface for sure. Oh well. Really don’t think anyone has great shot at Chiefs in AFC this year, especially considering how things are going to seemingly time out.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs Broncos 2018 on MNF ESPN tonight.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:52 pm Chiefs Broncos 2018 on MNF ESPN tonight.
Saying the Broncos might be decently set up to be a Wild Card team over the next decade seems like something of a left-handed compliment.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man no joke. They’re going to be much improved over the next few years. But they are still quite a bit behind KC.

I lock what Lock showed for them, they have a great young core and they added some nice pieces to their team. Offense added Melvin Gordon and Jerry Juedy on top of good players in Phillip Lindsey, Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant at TE. Defense has dropped off a bit.

But they’re going to be the new Chargers in the division. Always close, but never top dog.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Haven't we beaten the Broncos like 10 times in a row?
I really hope Drew Lock crashes and burns but, unfortunately, he could be pretty good.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/291 ... l-32-teams

21. Kansas City

"What went wrong: The Chiefs used their first-round pick on running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire, who should end up as one of the most productive backs in football when he takes over as the full-time starter. That's a good thing, but when you look at recent history for this team, just about anybody who has been in that role has been among the most productive backs in football...but I wonder if the Chiefs would have been better off using their first-round pick on a position they've struggled to fill effectively, like cornerback ( YES ), or targeted a wide receiver to replace Watkins ( nah )."
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:25 am Man no joke. They’re going to be much improved over the next few years. But they are still quite a bit behind KC.

I lock what Lock showed for them, they have a great young core and they added some nice pieces to their team. Offense added Melvin Gordon and Jerry Juedy on top of good players in Phillip Lindsey, Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant at TE. Defense has dropped off a bit.

But they’re going to be the new Chargers in the division. Always close, but never top dog.
Offensively, well at least at the skill position they have the guys but obviously Lock will be the determining factor whether the Donkeys will be pretenders or contenders. I didn't watch a snap of his in college but I have heard he was at times compared to Blaine Gabbert, which doesn't fair well for him but he showed flashes last year. Really your second full year is when everyone will have a better idea once d-coordinators get a read on your strengths and weaknesses.

The 'hot take' for pundits after the draft was that CEH was a luxury pick and should have went defense.
IMO ever since Mahomes was drafted the philosophy has been surround 15 with as many offensive weapons as possible and figure out the rest. Dame is a very good back but I don't believe the Chiefs ever looked at him as the 'guy' for the future and I've always felt like they were constantly trying to find Hunts replacement. They drafted CEH to be that guy.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Holiday: exactly right. The Chiefs lacked speed and resiliency at rb since losing Hunt.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:25 am Man no joke. They’re going to be much improved over the next few years. But they are still quite a bit behind KC.

I really just wanted to make a "left-handed compliment" joke. The Broncos are bad. Chargers are clearly in a better position.
Deleted User 141

Broncos are a potential dumpster fire. Bad O-Line (potentially super awful). Secondary almost all new. Several starters coming off seasons where they couldn’t or didn’t (depending on your assessment of their situation) play.

Lock was forced on them. They didn’t want him to play. But now they trying to keep up (catch up) with the Jones’.

It’s great to see them suck. Elway is a trash human, and I want him to fail.
Deleted User 141

No bullshit, Chiefs should easily win division again. And most likely, The league is gonna figure out Jackson to some extent, although he did seem to have some pretty good madden hax last year.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I like what the Broncos are doing at the skill position but of course none of that matter if you can't keep the QB upright or the QB just sucks.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 141

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:53 am I like what the Broncos are doing at the skill position but of course none of that matter if you can't keep the QB upright or the QB just sucks.
It’s flashy, but they have zero talent inside. Other than Risner, and I won’t be surprised if they try to move him to OT, which I hope he would do well at, but isn’t his position.

They tried moving Harris to outside last year at CB, and it was borderline awful.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gqcolorado wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:49 am Broncos are a potential dumpster fire. Bad O-Line (potentially super awful). Secondary almost all new. Several starters coming off seasons where they couldn’t or didn’t (depending on your assessment of their situation) play.

Lock was forced on them. They didn’t want him to play. But now they trying to keep up (catch up) with the Jones’.

It’s great to see them suck. Elway is a trash human, and I want him to fail.
potd
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The AFC is going to be super boring.

Outside of KC and Baltimore going toe to toe, the AFC is going to be a ton of 9-7 and 8-8 teams going at it.

Houston got worse.
Indy stayed the same.
Tennessee stayed the same but they were 9-7 and just got hot in playoffs.
Denver won't be better than 8-8 or 9-7.
Chargers are about the same.
Pats got worse.
Bills are better.
Steelers rely too heavily on Ben. Depends on how well he does.

KC and Baltimore are going to battle it out at 13-3 or 12-4 and everyone else going to be 3 games behind them.

Really quite interesting about the 1 bye per conference now. Going to be an intense battle for that top seed.

NFC is very top heavy.
Saints, 9ers, Vikings, Eagles, Bucs, Seahawks, Pack, Cowboys, Bears.

I'd take almost all those teams over anyone in the AFC not named Chiefs or Ravens.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 141

Tennessee probably got worse. Conklin gone to FA (his return last year marked the turn around in offensive efficiency for team), and Jurrell Casey to the Donkeys (this is wildcard that could make D really really good (secondary dependent, though for Den for sure).