Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Ukraine reports a successful attack on Kursk-Khalino Airbase by the SYPAQ UAV, a cardboard UAV donated by Austrlia. Four Su-30, a Mig-29, an S-300 and two Pantsir SAM systems are reported hit.

https://youtu.be/F-LB1zUCvkc?si=ENrVAaUREP3_tyks
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Kremlin desperate to evade the blame for Putin killing the Wagner leadership. AP has a good, though incomplete recap of all the people Putin has gunned down, threw off a ledge or poisoned. Genius says Trump.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/8 ... -or-killed
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

With apologies to Vladimir's many fan boys here:

(And, how Putinesque of republican comrades to be lowering child labor law restrictions!)

Putin struggles with falling ruble, rising prices as sanctions bite

...Rapidly rising prices caused by a 20 percent drop in the value of the ruble between early June and mid-August and the government’s pouring of funds into Russia’s defense industry are bringing Russia’s war — and the impact of sanctions — home to many Russians for the first time, economists say.

“The Russian people have been isolating themselves from these political developments, but the inflation rate is something they can’t isolate themselves from because they have to pay,” said Janis Kluge, an economist at the German Institute for International and Security Affairs. “It is a way in which politics really interferes in their lives, and this is the part which is worrying for the Russian leadership. Because no propaganda will make this go away.”

The ruble’s loss of more than a third of its value since November last year to a large degree is a result of sanctions imposed on Russia’s energy exports at the end of 2022, when the European Union banned most Russian oil imports and the G-7 group of nations imposed a price cap on Russian crude sales elsewhere, decreeing its oil could be sold for no more than $60 per barrel.

...it is also creating a huge imbalance in the Russian economy, exacerbating inflation as defense enterprises work round-the-clock and worsening labor shortages caused in part by the mobilization of conscripts to the front in Ukraine and by the hundreds of thousands of Russians fleeing abroad since the start of the war.

A survey conducted by the Gaidar Institute in Moscow found that 42 percent of enterprises surveyed complained of a lack of workers in July. In a sign of increasing desperation, Putin last week decreed that restrictions on employing teenagers as young as 14 should be lifted, to cope with the labor shortages, according to a list of presidential orders published on the Kremlin’s website...
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Fuck Putin.

And fuck child labor.

For real, who does Russia think they are, Arkansas?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Russia has lost probably $500M in aerospace equipment to rubberband drones and quad copters this week alone.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:59 pm Russia has lost probably $500M in aerospace equipment to rubberband drones and quad copters this week alone.
One thing we’ve definitely learned is that Russia’s military was long on driver, short on putter.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:59 pm Russia has lost probably $500M in aerospace equipment to rubberband drones and quad copters this week alone.
I heard or read that some of the drone strikes were 700 kilometers inside Russia.

https://youtu.be/z8J2eqfv68o?si=l74TPqiFx7BhBJ_U
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wow.

Yea, I’m allergic to that shameless pro-war propaganda.

And it’s pretty hilarious that you guys won’t even let me try to compare the Ukraine war and Iraq war; then, without irony, you post an article comparing the Ukraine war with…the Covid vaccine.

But, for the sake of being a sport, let’s discuss:

What are the chances the the Ukraine war is unfolding at precisely the pace Biden, and/or Biden’s MIC evil rich people, want it to be?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:52 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:34 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:57 pm i don’t know what to tell you, dude

Ukraine wanted/wants closer ties to the west and the EU
you sure?

like every single Ukrainian homogeneously feels that way? not a single one was, or is still, maybe just a little salty about their DeMoCrAtIcAlLy ElEcTeD president being ousted by a bunch of far right militants, and the somebody who helped them stage the coup? Where was all the #StandWithUkraine then?

...sorry for all the rhetorical questions.

it was either that, or, simply pointing out that we were told Iraq wanted closer ties to the west, too.
you’re not sorry

i don’t recall any claim that iraq wanted to be more aligned with the west, but feel free to source your claim

are you trying to be a dick about this? cuz that’s how you’re coming off
If I can try to do so without being a dick…

About Iraq, it was a different Dick who assured us that we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

…aaand in today’s episode of “I’m pro-war but only when it’s someone else’s kids who have to go die,”

The people of Ukraine:

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/artic ... exemptions
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:57 am Wow.

Yea, I’m allergic to that shameless pro-war propaganda.

And it’s pretty hilarious that you guys won’t even let me try to compare the Ukraine war and Iraq war; then, without irony, you post an article comparing the Ukraine war with…the Covid vaccine.

But, for the sake of being a sport, let’s discuss:

What are the chances the the Ukraine war is unfolding at precisely the pace Biden, and/or Biden’s MIC evil rich people, want it to be?
settle down…it was an opinion piece

it seems fairly obvious that for the “M” in the MIC, the slow-walk of support isn’t at all what they’d suggest from a tactical perspective

i don’t agree with Biden’s strategy, but he’s trying balance a lot…the last thing i’m sure he wants is to be blamed for nuclear war

regardless of whether or not anyone thinks “we” should be helping Ukraine, i think once the decision to provide aide was made that there have been a number of missteps that have ultimately benefitted Russia. we’re seeing it now with just how dug-in they are with the trenches and mine fields. i don’t think it’s a stretch to presume the situation would be notably different had Ukraine been supported at its current level since the beginning
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-china-k ... 3677?amp=1

i’m sure it’s meaningless (maybe)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the kremlin is now admitting Prigozhin’s death may have not been accidental

lol
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ukraine has breeched the main line of defense. 300 have completed M1-A1 training yesterday. Looking very positive.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

windows, planes, and now mushrooms.....tough to stay living in Russia
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

in today's edition of "Ukrainian nazis are just Russian propaganda:"

Florida nazis.

https://twitter.com/BrandonStraka/statu ... 49417?s=20
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:04 am in today's edition of "Ukrainian nazis are just Russian propaganda:"

Florida nazis.

https://twitter.com/BrandonStraka/statu ... 49417?s=20
Those would be American Nazis who get all their info about Ukrainian Nazis from the same social media feed that you do.