Let’s have a war!

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno bro, my social media feed is far from that shit.

It’s condemning rockets, on all sides.

It’s condemning white supremacy too, and all white/ethnic supremacy; rather than picking and choosing which white supremacy is condemnable, and which is more convenient to just shrug off as Russian propaganda instead.

Aside from that Florida clip, the only social media feed I see that’s cheering on Biden sending rockets to Ukraine, and refraining “Hail…wait, I mean, stand with Ukraine,” is when you guys post it here.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

youre so amazing Ous. So above us all. Thank you for gracing us peasants with your presence here on these boards. Providing guidance and balance to the compromised mind of the members who know not half of what your great and all knowing mind sees.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ummm...you're welcome?

I don't mean to come across as great, nor all-knowing, nor above anyone else.

I just think it really shouldn't be so controversial to condemn things like war and white supremacy

and yet, here we are.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Both sides aren't responsible Ous. Sometimes a cigar is a cigar and a heinous dictator is a heinous dictator. And virtue signalling is virtue signalling and purposely confusing issues to benefit a dictator.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:18 am ummm...you're welcome?

I just think it really shouldn't be so controversial to condemn things like war and white supremacy

and yet, here we are.
its not, and you know that. You just play this stupid fucking character on here. Theres no way you're like this in real life.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:30 am I dunno bro, my social media feed is far from that shit.

It’s condemning white supremacy too, and all white/ethnic supremacy; rather than picking and choosing which white supremacy is condemnable, and which is more convenient to just shrug off as Russian propaganda instead.

Aside from that Florida clip, the only social media feed I see that’s cheering on Biden sending rockets to Ukraine, and refraining “Hail…wait, I mean, stand with Ukraine,” is when you guys post it here.
So there is no one on your social media feed that supports sending arms to Ukraine. OK. Sorry but I don't believe you. A little less time on snappy one-liners and a little more time in the world of truth and reality would do some good.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

and yet, here we are.
That's not "just" what is happening here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, what more is happening here then?

Any attempt I’ve made to express concern or offer valid criticism or - gasp - condemn Ukrainian Nazis or view the whole thing as anything more than some good-versus-evil narrative, has been repeatedly dismissed as Russian propaganda.

You’re at least starting to come around, twocaoch, and considering that maybe it isn’t inappropriate to consider asking what the plan is regarding Ukraine.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:01 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:30 am I dunno bro, my social media feed is far from that shit.

So there is no one on your social media feed that supports sending arms to Ukraine. OK. Sorry but I don't believe you. A little less time on snappy one-liners and a little more time in the world of truth and reality would do some good.
I mean, yes? My feed is more than anything just apathetic toward war.

Next up is younger more progressive types who view the WMDs in Iraq dipshits with a certain skepicism, rather than with the unilateral comic book hero treatment; and who view issues like your and my tax dollars giving guns to Ukrainian Nazis as potentially part of the problem, rather than thee only solution, and certainly don’t insist Ukrainian Nazis could only be Russian propaganda.

Then, there’s the they/them meme pages who have geeked out to the thought of what it means to be “anti-war” more than any of us have.

Now, as for the discussion on truth and reality, let’s have it! But, oh boy….that’s far bigger than can even fit in this thread.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

(Also, holy shit, full circle…now we’re to the point of this thread when my social media feed is being ridiculed, yet again, but after all the things it’s been ridiculed for, now it’s being ridiculed for…wait for it……….waiiiiiiit for itttt…..for NOT having support for sending arms to Ukraine…holy shit. I mean come on bro, why should me feed support arms to Ukraine when my feed is straight from Putin’s own mouth to begin with?)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:43 pm

and yet, here we are.
its not, and you know that. You just play this stupid fucking character on here. Theres no way you're like this in real life.
Sweet personal attack, illy.

fwiw in real life I doubt you guys aggressively accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being a Russian spambot, either.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:34 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:43 pm

and yet, here we are.
Sweet personal attack, illy.

fwiw in real life I doubt you guys aggressively accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being a Russian spambot, either.
its not a personal attack its an attack on the dumbass facade you put up here.

but if you want to take it as a personal attack then feel free. I have pretty much lost all respect for you, or at least the character you're portraying.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CNN Exclusive: ‘How am I in this war?’: New Musk biography offers fresh details about the billionaire’s Ukraine dilemma

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics ... index.html
Elon Musk secretly ordered his engineers to turn off his company’s Starlink satellite communications network near the Crimean coast last year to disrupt a Ukrainian sneak attack on the Russian naval fleet, according to an excerpt adapted from Walter Isaacson’s new biography of the eccentric billionaire titled “Elon Musk.”

As Ukrainian submarine drones strapped with explosives approached the Russian fleet, they “lost connectivity and washed ashore harmlessly,” Isaacson writes.

Musk’s decision, which left Ukrainian officials begging him to turn the satellites back on, was driven by an acute fear that Russia would respond to a Ukrainian attack on Crimea with nuclear weapons, a fear driven home by Musk’s conversations with senior Russian officials, according to Isaacson, whose new book is set to be released by Simon & Schuster on September 12.

Musk’s concerns over a “mini-Pearl Harbor” as he put it, did not come to pass in Crimea. But the episode reveals the unique position Musk found himself in as the war in Ukraine unfolded. Whether intended or not, he had become a power broker US officials couldn’t ignore.
To be clear - this is very much an issue arising out of the Church of the Small and Neutered Government. It should not be controversial to suggest that we, being the wealthiest, most powerful and most advantaged nation in the world, should absolutely not be in a position where our national security needs are subordinate to the whims of a bigotry-curious technocrat.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And isn’t Starlink pretty heavily taxpayer-subsidized too?

among other reactions…
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For real, can we bring the hammer down on Elon for being in bed with a foreign adversary?

And for real for real, it’s alarming just how much power we afford to evil rich people.

On another note, and speaking of warmongering and neocolonialism and Iraq - there’s stories floating around this week about how the US is breaching a 2021 pact by continuing to maintain “offensive weapons” in US bases in Iraq as we speak.

But since that’s not in mainstream western media, guess it’s prob just more Putin propaganda.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:57 pm For real, can we bring the hammer down on Elon for being in bed with a foreign adversary?

And for real for real, it’s alarming just how much power we afford to evil rich people.

On another note, and speaking of warmongering and neocolonialism and Iraq - there’s stories floating around this week about how the US is breaching a 2021 pact by continuing to maintain “offensive weapons” in US bases in Iraq as we speak.

But since that’s not in mainstream western media, guess it’s prob just more Putin propaganda.
I believe it is true that Starlink, which Elon owns/controls, is technically a defense contractor. And there are a number of laws, rules and regulations that apply to those.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:58 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:57 pm For real, can we bring the hammer down on Elon for being in bed with a foreign adversary?

I believe it is true that Starlink, which Elon owns/controls, is technically a defense contractor. And there are a number of laws, rules and regulations that apply to those.
Ukraine also paid for the service along with the Pentagon. Send him back to South Africa and seize his assets. Won't bring back the dead civilians killed by the Black Sea fleet.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am glad to hear McConnell on this; he had a strange oligarch connection or two. But he has been a stalwart lately