Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: Totally random thread

Post by ousdahl »

and btw they actually call him Rock Kid.

ok that joke’s gone too far
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Culture of the rusted belt
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It seems as though 99 will be a girl-grandpa again. She's due in Oct.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

congrats!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah that’s exciting!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hero-landsca ... where-else

kudos to the landscaper

fuck the property owners...who does that?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Wow, unbelievable. Good on the landscaper dude.
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So earlier this week my Jayhawk nephew Jackster, was chosen to throw out the first pitch at the Cardinals vs Cubs game in St Louis. It was part of a “Folds of Honor” promotion, his father was a colonel when he retired from the US Army. Jackster gets down to the field and there is another honoree throwing out a pitch, football Coach Dinkwit from Mizzou. They meet on the field and as Jack goes to shake Dink’s paw he greets him with “Rock Chalk Jayhawk”. The Dink winces and mutters something. Jack throws it over the plate for a strike. As he walks by, the Dinkster says, “Jayhawk, that’s why you throw so soft”. The Dink steps up to the mound and promptly one hops it to the catcher. Jack starts laughing, “smacktalk from a 5-5 coach who one hops a pitch to home plate…..I hit the strike zone”. Next time maybe they let Dinkwit toss the ball from a spot a little closer.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Met a buddy in Lawrence this afternoon for lunch. We actually hit two places.
Leeway Franks and Tokyo Sushi in No-Law.
Both were excellent. Came home and took a nap.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:13 pm Met a buddy in Lawrence this afternoon for lunch. We actually hit two places.
I know you're a much bigger foodie than I am and I have no doubt you had excellent meals but when I think of Lawrence and food - two of the last things that would come to my mind would be Franks and Sushi.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:13 pm Met a buddy in Lawrence this afternoon for lunch. We actually hit two places.
You were a block and a half from my house.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gutter, I hate that term. Won't even use it here. Went to Leeway because one of my friend's is a friend of the owner. I was sort of obligated. Really good hot dogs and tots though. I had the Leeway with mustard and kraut. My host had the Chicago dog. He really like it although it was not a Vienna dog.

My host really likes Tokyo Sushi and wanted to take me there. I've only had sushi a few times but everything was fresh and really tasty.

We drove around the old 'hoods/haunts for a little while before I had to get back to my Mom.

Defixione, sorry I missed you.
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I know the owners of Leeway and we eat at Tokyo a lot. Good grub.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

But did you really eat in Lawrence?
Joking Gutter, you know I love you.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve heard that sushi is best served when flash frozen right after the fish is processed, so that’s why you can still get good sushi in landlocked states
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That said, I wouldn't be excited to get sushi in Lawrence.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:15 pm Gutter, I hate that term. Won't even use it here. Went to Leeway because one of my friend's is a friend of the owner. I was sort of obligated. Really good hot dogs and tots though. I had the Leeway with mustard and kraut. My host had the Chicago dog. He really like it although it was not a Vienna dog.

My host really likes Tokyo Sushi and wanted to take me there. I've only had sushi a few times but everything was fresh and really tasty.

We drove around the old 'hoods/haunts for a little while before I had to get back to my Mom.

Defixione, sorry I missed you.
Sorry I called you a "foodie"! Kind of meant it in a general/generic manner.
I have never been to Leeway but I can appreciate a good hot dog anywhere. Lawrence included.
As far as Sushi, I don't like it. I don't fault those who do. Who the fuck am I to judge any Sushi any where? My guess is some hole in the wall places in Bumblefuck USA have excellent Sushi and some well known restaurants in major cities along the coasts have shit Sushi.

I'm truly glad you enjoyed your meals and I am happy you are cruising around Lawrence.
God willing, I hope to be in Lawrence in the upcoming Spring.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:18 pm That said, I wouldn't be excited to get sushi in Lawrence.
99 gets to name drop here:

I was talking to Michael Corvino earlier this week. He has uni on his menu and said that he can get superfresh, yesterday-caught wild uni from Hokkaido (I think it was Hokkaido) that is fresher (more fresh? I donno) than California uni. Carlos Falcon at Jarocho gets incredibly fresh seafood, much of it served raw. The sashimi we had at Tokyo sushi was very good. With the delivery systems now in place, you can get really good, fresh seafood in places like LFK. Manhattan, KS, I'm not so sure.

Gutter, sushi really isn't my thing, I went with my host because he wanted me to try it. Tokyo Sushi is a little bit of a hole in the wall and as far as I could tell Dad was "cooking" and son was serving. They were super nice and I like their restaurant a lot. Other than the excellent sashimi we had a spiderman roll, with fried soft shell crab, avocado, cream cheese and other stuff. I couldn't taste the soft shell crab at all, too much stuff in there but it was good. We also got a burrito thingie with nori as the tortilla stuffed with diced raw tuna, avocado, rice and other stuff. This was pretty interesting and really was like a Japanese sushi burrito.
Defense. Rebounds.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:44 pm It seems as though 99 will be a girl-grandpa again. She's due in Oct.
Just saw your post. Congratulations!

Kinda have you pegged as an dam* fine g'pa.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Regardless of the advancement of fresh fish delivery systems, I'd still not be excited to get sushi in Lawrence.