NFL Offseason 2020

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: NFL Offseason 2020

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think Rivers is an upgrade over Brissett and IND may have otherwise gotten "better" if O'Brien really did fuck up HOU.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Colts could be an 11 win team.
They have talent across the board.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah Colts are a good team. Rivers just seemed so blah last year. 23/20 TD/INT. One of the highest INT% of his career. And I'd argue his offensive weapons are better than what Indy has now.

But you're right. I do think Rivers is better than Brissett. 7-9 last year might mean 9-7 or 10-6 with better QB play.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

And we think the Bears are going to be good? I really hope not.

Mostly for the gutter meltdowns, but I suppose b/c they're also a division rival.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

8-8 last year with awful QB play. Foles might win that job outright. He'd be an upgrade. That defense is pretty good still.

I think they'll be 9-7 or 10-6. Good enough for a playoff spot.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Their Week 17 win doesn't count ;).

They have some talent, but the brass/staff was in disarray last season.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Might be one of the most important weeks in NFL History.

Brees has a brain fart.
Gets destroyed.
Apologizes twice.
NFL Superstars make a video asking NFL to say Black Lives Matter, there is systemic racism and that they were wrong.
Goodell and NFL make and release that video and statement.
NFL team meetings turn into meetings about diversity and justice.
Kyle Shanahan questions lack of black GMs and HCs.
Adrian Peterson says he and many other will kneel during anthem.
Trump tweets about Brees and says there should be no kneeling.
Brees goes OFF on trump and his base about what the original protests stood for.

NFL is going to go head to head against Trump and it’s going to be very interesting.

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Sons of Bitches.
Deleted User 141

It’ll be interesting if treat fight escalated to see how much of Murica dies in the NFL hill.

By interesting, I mean potentially gross.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The billionaire boys club is going to have a talk with Roger.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:25 am And we think the Bears are going to be good? I really hope not.

Mostly for the gutter meltdowns, but I suppose b/c they're also a division rival.
I never expected the Bears to go from 5-11 to 12-4 in one season. Last season they were 8-8 and that was disappointing only in that they were 12-4 the previous season.

Looking at their schedule, assuming there is a full season and they have a normal amount of injuries, I will predict they finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.
I feel Nagy and Lazor are a liability. I like Nagy as a motivator and as a "player's coach", but I do not like him as an Xs and Os guy. At all.
Semi related side note - Guy I feel was the most overrated NFL Head Coach = Mike Ditka.
Deleted User 141

Geezer wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:14 am The billionaire boys club is going to have a talk with Roger.
Yes, and he may waffle in the wind as he typically has which makes me typically dislike him as he represents generally the owners.

It is awesome, though, even if only for a moment, that there seems hope that tries most ingrained in the ‘system’ are speaking out against how it operates, at least retroactively. True proactive measures will be more important and hold actual meaning. I hope those come. I don’t know what they may be.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:10 pm Might be one of the most important weeks in NFL History.

Brees has a brain fart.
Gets destroyed.
Apologizes twice.
NFL Superstars make a video asking NFL to say Black Lives Matter, there is systemic racism and that they were wrong.
Goodell and NFL make and release that video and statement.
NFL team meetings turn into meetings about diversity and justice.
Kyle Shanahan questions lack of black GMs and HCs.
Adrian Peterson says he and many other will kneel during anthem.
Trump tweets about Brees and says there should be no kneeling.
Brees goes OFF on trump and his base about what the original protests stood for.

NFL is going to go head to head against Trump and it’s going to be very interesting.
Nice and all, but they are kinda co-opting Kap’s positions when it’s now safe and trendy to do so.
Deleted User 141

NiceDC wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:51 am Nice and all, but they are kinda co-opting Kap’s positions when it’s now safe and trendy to do so.
Holding an apparent grudge. Not nice.
Deleted User 318

Not a grudge. I’m just not going praise folks too much for jumping on the bandwagon after they have coverage from everyone that came before them and did the hard work. Kap made a bold choice and likely cost him millions of dollars and the chance to be a starting NFL QB. Thousands are in the streets protesting, getting arrested, getting pushed around by the police, these are the folks doing the hard work. But the guy who makes $75 million a year made a statement after public sentiment for the BLM movement has reached an all time high, and after nearly every other major brand has weighed in, I dunno, rings hollow.
Deleted User 141

Don’t disagree, but can only move forward.
Deleted User 318

I’ll agree with that. Every time we have a week of awareness, I always say “this time feels different.” Sandy Hook, Ferguson, Vegas, etc. But then people fall off when the next dumb thing comes up. This time, I hate to say it, feels different. People have a real opportunity here. I just hope the next dumb thing doesn’t come up.
Deleted User 141

Many of us echo that same thought process, I’m sure.

As I said in another post, I’m not sure what answers are, but I’m actively listening this time.

Only line not sure if from you statement is ‘I hate to admit it, but this time feels different’.

If it feels different bc you think this isn’t just hollow, that’s good. Actual change for the sake of the good, won’t be bad in Tthe end, even if there is pain in the immediate.
Deleted User 141

Hell, maybe you’ll even be able to post as yourself here again someday, instead of a sock.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NiceDC wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:16 am I’ll agree with that. Every time we have a week of awareness, I always say “this time feels different.” Sandy Hook, Ferguson, Vegas, etc. But then people fall off when the next dumb thing comes up. This time, I hate to say it, feels different. People have a real opportunity here. I just hope the next dumb thing doesn’t come up.
this prob belongs on another bored, but to me the thing that feels most "different" about these protests is the critics seem so outnumbered? Or something.

With Sandy Hook, Ferguson, Vegas, etc. it seemed so much of the discussion started and ended with some short-sighted rebuttal like, "too soon to politicize!" or "we need MORE guns not less!" or (in instances like Ferguson) dismissed with something like, "the guy would still be alive if he had just cooperated"* or whatever.

Between the critics being outnumbered, and perhaps more significantly just the volume and magnitude of the voices speaking up, this one does feel different though.

*I have a friend who, while not a full-on MAGAhead, still takes his libertarian ideology a little too far sometimes. He commented on Ferguson during a discussion on the current protests. He asserts, "the big difference between Mike Brown and George Floyd was Floyd was at least trying to cooperate. Brown should have never attacked that cop like he did."

To that I reply, umm no bro, the big difference between Brown and Floyd was the video footage. After all the shit we've seen go down; after all the instances of the police being the ones escalating the situation, you're really gonna take the cop's word for it when he says, "but HE started it!"

The police account and other witness accounts obviously contradicted one another, but bear in mind this is the event that prompted the "hands up don't shoot" mantra, btw.