Another mass shooting

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:22 am don’t you get tired of being ill-informed?
I don't think it bothers him/her/they.
Broham
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:09 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:22 am don’t you get tired of being ill-informed?
I don't think it bothers him/her/they.
i’d wager you’re more than likely correct (you forgot “it”)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well, color ME shocked.

‘Fear and paranoia.’ Grandson says Andrew Lester bought into conspiracies, disinformation

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... 17706.html
[Ludwig, the grandson of the KC doorbell shooter] said he and [the shooter], who goes by the first name Dan, used to be very close.

“But in the last five or six years or so, I feel like we’ve lost touch,” he said. “I’ve gotten older and gained my own political views, and he’s become staunchly right-wing, further down the right-wing rabbit hole as far as doing the election-denying conspiracy stuff and COVID conspiracies and disinformation, fully buying into the Fox News, OAN kind of line. I feel like it’s really further radicalized him in a lot of ways.”

Ludwig said his grandfather had been immersed in “a 24-hour news cycle of fear and paranoia.”

“And then the NRA pushing the ‘stand your ground’ stuff and that you have to defend your home,” he said. “When I heard what happened, I was appalled and shocked that it transpired, but I didn’t disbelieve that it was true. The second I heard it, I was like, ‘Yeah, I could see him doing that.’”

Does he consider his grandfather a racist?

“I believe that there have been some positions that he’s held that have been bigoted or sort of disparaging,” Ludwig said. “But it’s stock Fox News, conservative American stuff. It’s ‘anybody who gets an abortion is a murderer.’ And ‘fatherless Black families are the reason why crime exists in this country.’ It’s stuff everybody’s heard at the Thanksgiving table every year.”

Ludwig said his grandfather’s paranoia had accelerated in the past couple of years.

“I hesitate to say he got more extreme, because all this stuff has been extreme,” he said, “and it’s been the same story for decades and decades, and generation to generation of people believing the same things. It’s just nowadays people are acting on it a little bit more.”

[The shooter], a military veteran and former airline mechanic, was an avid hunter and longtime gun owner, Ludwig said. “Back in his younger days, he would be involved in shooting sports,” he said. “And I don’t necessarily have a problem with using guns and having guns. It’s the paranoia that I think is a real issue.”
When randy says that "mental health" is a root cause of violence, he's not wrong.

But it's really important to consider that (1) the talking points espoused on Fox News and other right-leaning media (crime-infested cities! black homicide rates! migrant caravans! they're coming for yer guns!) are fucking poison - a contributor to, if not a direct CAUSE of, "mental health" problems, and (2) a perfectly foreseeable consequence of injecting this much poison into an ecosystem this flush with guns, is that a certain number of the poisoned will respond to the doorbell ringing, with their guns!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:44 am over a basketball

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna80618
6 year old shoulda been packing.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Good toddler with a gun prevents this tragedy.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:18 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:14 pm

Good toddler with a gun prevents this tragedy.
If only little miss Addie had been there!

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

why do some of my favorite states have some of the worst politics?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

GOOD GUY AND GIRL (?) WITH GUNS ALERT

Teenagers killed in Olathe double homicide shot each other inside car, police say

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/c ... rylink=cpy
Investigators have determined that two teenagers killed over the weekend in Olathe shot each other inside a car, a spokesman for the Olathe Police Department said Thursday.

The circumstances surrounding the deaths of 19-year-old Jessica Hicks of Olathe, Kansas, and 18-year-old Monterrio Spencer Jr. of Kansas City, Missouri, remain under investigation, Sgt. Joel Yeldell said in a news release.

The investigation revealed that the two teens did not know each other, Yeldell later said.
So. We have another shooting.

That means, you guessed it!, a double round of WHAT MENTAL ILLNESS PULLED THE TRIGGER???

We have:

* being a teenager
* being a woman
* being a man
* being black (?)
* being in a car
* not knowing the other person in a car
* breathing oxygen

The best part of this game is how silly it is; these youngsters were gonna die someday no matter what!

LOL!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:26 pm GOOD GUY AND GIRL (?) WITH GUNS ALERT

Teenagers killed in Olathe double homicide shot each other inside car, police say

Investigators have determined that two teenagers killed over the weekend in Olathe shot each other inside a car, a spokesman for the Olathe Police Department said Thursday.

The circumstances surrounding the deaths of 19-year-old Jessica Hicks of Olathe, Kansas, and 18-year-old Monterrio Spencer Jr. of Kansas City, Missouri, remain under investigation, Sgt. Joel Yeldell said in a news release.

The investigation revealed that the two teens did not know each other, Yeldell later said.

That means, you guessed it!, a double round of WHAT MENTAL ILLNESS PULLED THE TRIGGER???

We have:

* being a teenager
* being a woman
* being a man
* being black (?)
* being in a car
* breathing oxygen

The best part of this game is how silly it is; these youngsters were gonna die someday no matter what!

LOL!
are you certain they weren’t suffering from gender dysphoria?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

It slays me that owning a gun is the highest priority in some people's lives. I'm 72 and have owned guns for hunting since I was in high school. I haven't gotten them out in at least 30 years. Some days when I'm looking for something I happen across one and think, Oh there's my gun. I have no ammo and I can sleep at night knowing that. My liberties have not been taken from me during my lifetime, either. I can't help but pity those people. What a sad life of anxiety and paranoia.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

defixione wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:43 pm It slays me that owning a gun is the highest priority in some people's lives. I'm 72 and have owned guns for hunting since I was in high school. I haven't gotten them out in at least 30 years. Some days when I'm looking for something I happen across one and think, Oh there's my gun. I have no ammo and I can sleep at night knowing that. My liberties have not been taken from me during my lifetime, either. I can't help but pity those people. What a sad life of anxiety and paranoia.
I still have the single-shot .410 shotgun my dad gave me when I was in 6th grade, and had the same, "Oh, there's my gun" experience you described, less than a week ago. (My loaded pistol that's where I can reach it quickly, is much more front of mind. For better, or worse...)

Your post reminds me of the .com days, and a poster named "OldHawk". (OldOldHawk?)
He was from, and had been, a country lawyer somewhere in rural Ks., who had gone to KU.

As I recall, (and you, Japhy, DC and possibly others might remember better than me), he grew up during the depression, or thereabouts. He talked about walking some distance from his home to the one-room school house, and like a number of his classmates, carried a .22 rifle in case they saw something to shoot: a rabbit or squirrel, possum, or whatever, to add to the pot on the stove at home to support the family.

It was nothing to be that young in a rural area carrying a rifle, which they would all lean against the back wall of the classroom, until they picked them up on their way out the door to walk home.
“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:36 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:26 pm GOOD GUY AND GIRL (?) WITH GUNS ALERT

We have:

* being a teenager
* being a woman
* being a man
* being black (?)
* being in a car
* breathing oxygen

LOL!
are you certain they weren’t suffering from gender dysphoria?
did they have any health issues?

I need to know if their lives had any value or not.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…from the game of clue…

lmfao
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

This might be the funniest and most paranoid post you've made. If the government really wants your guns they'll get them and your guns won't deter that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NEW SHOP LINK IN BIO