COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Walrus

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Walrus »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:36 pm If Florida wants to do that, ( no forcing of a vaccine passport for business ), I support the state's rights to make that decision.

I would prefer to be in a state where each business got to make that decision on their own - but that's not the same.
See, we agree for once. ;)
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 pm Sorry, I can't take someone serious who thinks everyone is a white supremacist. ;)
who is this directed at?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:44 pm
Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:35 pm Sorry, I can't take someone serious who thinks everyone is a white supremacist. ;)
who is this directed at?
Sorry, it was a joke aimed a Japhy. I didn't read his post once I read the first sentence.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 pm
who is this directed at?
Sorry, it was a joke aimed a Japhy. I didn't read his post once I read the first sentence.
Giving away the playbook, interesting choice.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That said, when it comes to future employment ( not current employees ), I am on the fence for letting a state not be able to allow a business to force a vaccine requirement, depending on the business and where it gets it's funding ( i.e. public schools ).
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:36 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:33 pm
Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:17 am That's what they always do -- try to discredit someone so people will not consider the content and so people will not think for themselves.
Here's the problem for rubes like you, the technical content is so far over your head, you have no idea how much bullshit you are swallowing under the ruse of "common sense". The quack's flattery that you would understand their twisted content that confirms the biases you have been fed is what makes it so appealing to you I suppose.

You are not "thinking for yourself", you are being led by the nose by quacks at every turn. You embrace the fact that their ideas and your belief in them are contrary to actual established experts and actual facts as a badge of honor. You seem to actively seek out quacks to follow.

Your incessant braying on about how much you know about things you don't know about should make me see you as many seemingly do, as an insufferable self-deluding twat.

But I find your persona endearing. You are a caricature of every human personality trait I loathe.

That's what I love about you Wally.

You are the embodiment of much that is horrifying in our society and you have taken that to the level of performative art. A crude and awkward art, but that is folk art at it's best. You are dazzlingly erratic. Your every proclamation reduces trumpist populism to it's laughable kernel.

Seriously Bitch, you must come to Solstice and we must have beers together. You are the fuckin bomb.

I want to hear everything you think you know about everything you don't know.
It's all in the same general vein as the kid who finishes Western Civ II and proceeds to lecture the Christmas dinner table about the human condition.
Maybe more like the kid who watches the old, "buy the world a Coke" commercial and then proceeds to explain to everyone how to bring about world peace and nominates himself for a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 pm

who is this directed at?
Maybe this place is seen as a "game" for you, but I come here to try to have honest discussions. You raised a good question, I tried to answer it. You can disagree if you want, that's fine. But when people start off a response with: "Here's the problem for rubes like you, the technical content is so far over your head, you have no idea how much bullshit you are swallowing under the ruse of "common sense." it tells me the rest of it is not worth my time.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:51 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 pm

Maybe this place is seen as a "game" for you, but I come here to try to have honest discussions. You raised a good question, I tried to answer it. You can disagree if you want, that's fine. But when people start off a response with: "Here's the problem for rubes like you, the technical content is so far over your head, you have no idea how much bullshit you are swallowing under the ruse of "common sense." it tells me the rest of it is not worth my time.
I can see where this is going, don't worry I am buying the beer.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lobs getting the $2 hooker treatment these last few pages

:lol:
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I would like to hear how Fish would answer his own question. It's a difficult one to answer. I'd love to hear his solution.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:08 pm I would like to hear how Fish would answer his own question. It's a difficult one to answer. I'd love to hear his solution.
Can you ask a specific question?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:16 pm
Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:08 pm I would like to hear how Fish would answer his own question. It's a difficult one to answer. I'd love to hear his solution.
Do you see any problems if a state allows businesses to require a vaccine passport? Do you see any problems if a state requires businesses to not use a vaccine passport?

I think you will fail to come up with a perfect answer that satisfies everyone.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:24 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:16 pm
Do you see any problems if a state allows businesses to require a vaccine passport? Do you see any problems if a state requires businesses to not use a vaccine passport?

I think you will fail to come up with a perfect answer that satisfies everyone.
This is the spiritual cousin to the common Trumpist demand that a critic prove a negative.

Of course I see problems with both scenarios. And of course I do not not a perfect answer that satisfies everyone.

I do know that, for example, DeSantis' actions as governor to make it illegal for private businesses to require vaccines as a condition to service are distinctly non-conservative (historically speaking).

The whole point is that people ostensibly organized under the flag of the "conservative" party are doing things that are not at all aligned with supposed conservative principles.

The only motivating principle, clearly, is owning the libs. That is now the platform of the Republican Party. Which means the party is the Party of Trumpism, and no longer has anything to do with conservative principles.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:22 pm
Speaking of insurance, some life insurance companies will not cover people now who have taken the vax. They don't want the risk of the experimental things as their liability.
May I ask for a link? For the sake of honest discussion, please?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Fish, you asked me "what am I arguing for"? The ideas of mandating a business to not require a vaccine passport or mandating the customer to to have a vaccine passport, both do not sit well with me. What I would say is the better option is to allow the most freedom of voluntary choice. This is why I am pro-choice on abortion -- those who are against abortion do not have to get one, and those who might consider it can have the option to decide for themselves.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the florida governor wins the last year. that is for sure.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:46 pm Fish, you asked me "what am I arguing for"? The ideas of mandating a business to not require a vaccine passport or mandating the customer to to have a vaccine passport, both do not sit well with me. What I would say is the better option is to allow the most freedom of voluntary choice. This is why I am pro-choice on abortion -- those who are against abortion do not have to get one, and those who might consider it can have the option to decide for themselves.
So...now business owners should be allowed to serve only vaccinated people?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Freedom of choice only applies when you choose things lobster agrees with.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:46 pm Fish, you asked me "what am I arguing for"? The ideas of mandating a business to not require a vaccine passport or mandating the customer to to have a vaccine passport, both do not sit well with me. What I would say is the better option is to allow the most freedom of voluntary choice. This is why I am pro-choice on abortion -- those who are against abortion do not have to get one, and those who might consider it can have the option to decide for themselves.
but the businesses don’t get to choose?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

still waiting on that link btw.

The last thing I want is to loose my insurance over a poke.

Honest!