Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

thebones wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:54 pm anyone else relishing watching these Royals games? It could end at any time, but surprisingly it hasn't.

Tv games have brought back a bit of my sanity.
Oh yeah. Weird vibe but baseball
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Been watching. Those two Detroit losses really hurt. Dunno how 2 games in a 60-game season can hurt so bad, but that’s (short season) baseball.
Deleted User 318

Right now 6 teams in AL are over .500, 4 in the central. Just bad luck all around for KC
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Last game today before a well deserved day off. Singer on the bump today. Feeling good about their chances today.

As I said the other day, Royals are among top teams in expected hits percentage or something like that, but balls were just finding opponents gloves. That has not been the case lately.

Also, lots of games remaining against the bad NL Central teams. Some times still to make moves.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:28 am Last game today before a well deserved day off. Singer on the bump today. Feeling good about their chances today.

As I said the other day, Royals are among top teams in expected hits percentage or something like that, but balls were just finding opponents gloves. That has not been the case lately.

Also, lots of games remaining against the bad NL Central teams. Some times still to make moves.
I’m not so rosy about today. Singer has been really good, but his Achilles heel has been the home run.

The Twins mash a lot of dingers.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Singer looked great until the liner off his pitching hand. Still got the win. Gordo a pile of suck at the plate right now, but defense is still there. Dozier back helps.
Deleted User 318

I think it’s time to retire gordo. Thanks for the memories but he has been a black hole for the most part.
Deleted User 318

Also, Royals only 2.5 from a WC spot, and top 3 contenders for WC are all AL Central teams. Still got a shot if we can continue this run.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:41 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:28 am Last game today before a well deserved day off. Singer on the bump today. Feeling good about their chances today.

I’m not so rosy about today. Singer has been really good, but his Achilles heel has been the home run.

The Twins mash a lot of dingers.
Ahem 😉
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Big 2.4 wins yesterday!
Deleted User 318

I just saw that Cardinals are...2 and 3. How the heck have they only played five games so far? Don't they have 30-man secondary roster? MLB has to be protecting them, right?
Deleted User 318

OT in Cinci. Royals should be leading by a fair amount, but couldn't buy a hit with RISP. Somehow clawed back into the game to take it to OT.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Not good situational ball from Royals tonight. Should have won. Good thing about baseball, there’s a game tomorrow to get it out of your head.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good article by Jesse here. He’s really good at this kind of stuff no matter the team or situation.

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/ ... 89472?s=21

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Legitimately thrilling game tonight. Fun to care again.
Deleted User 318

That was a stressful last hour. Pitched around some tough spots.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:47 pm Legitimately thrilling game tonight. Fun to care again.
Agreed. Kennedy struggling is a concern. But I’m starting to like this team.

I think Matheny has done pretty well in the 20 or so games so far.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's always a pleasant surprise to see the Royals on your TV programming for the night.
Deleted User 318

Reds with an outbreak and postponed games, and KC's last opponent was @Cinci.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching the Cincinnati broadcast of the Royals game. The announcer just apologized for his remarks and said he may not get to call another game and turned the broadcast over to his backup.
I missed what he said, but musta been bad.
Defense. Rebounds.