usa olympics

Other Sports.
DeletedUser

Re: usa olympics

Post by DeletedUser »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:48 pm In the end, every Olympic athlete has a coach. How do we differentiate their influence?
Very true.

And let's be honest, when it comes to caddies/coaches/trainers, they likely don't need a medal to physically own. Seeing their athlete succeed probably is all the validation they require.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DeletedUser wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:57 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:48 pm In the end, every Olympic athlete has a coach. How do we differentiate their influence?
Very true.

And let's be honest, when it comes to caddies/coaches/trainers, they likely don't need a medal to physically own. Seeing their athlete succeed probably is all the validation they require.
Yeah, coaches don’t care about such trinkets.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Players took care of K. For a photo. Was a cool gesture at the time.

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I was gonna google coach K to see if there was anything (I didn’t remember), but I kept it KU
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

PARIS — One of the traditions of the United States women’s gymnastic team is after winning a gold medal in the team competition, they give themselves a name.

The Magnificent Seven of 1996 in Atlanta. The Fierce Five of 2012 in London. The Final Five of 2016 in Rio de Janeiro.

Just minutes after the current iteration captured gold in team like the aforementioned, its name was revealed at a news conference.

The name:
“F Around and Find Out,” Simone Biles said…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

LOL

Can't get the twisties now.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:33 pm

The name:
“F Around and Find Out,” Simone Biles said…[/i]
I dislike this phrase so much.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Why, no matter women’s or men’s, do volleyball players gather after EVERY point and hug?

Every one.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Good point Pdub. Let's hug it out.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:49 pm Why, no matter women’s or men’s, do volleyball players gather after EVERY point and hug?

Every one.
You think that's bad, you should see some of the post point synchronized/choreographed celebrations I've seen some of the teams my daughter (4th grade) plays against. It's obnoxious. Thankfully her coach doesn't really encourage them to do those things. So their team doesn't do those things very often. But some of the girls definitely try.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:49 pm Why, no matter women’s or men’s, do volleyball players gather after EVERY point and hug?

Every one.
Same reason basketball players tap/touch hands/fists/whatever after free throws?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... erformance.

Or maybe....

https://www.lx.com/tokyo-summer-olympic ... ove/39039/

https://www.distractify.com/p/why-do-vo ... ing%20well.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Free throws are only one way of getting points, and there’s no hug, sometimes it doesn’t happen and most of the time it doesn’t involve every player.

Also the first explanation, catching your breath, is a good one but the second one, intimidation of sorts through morale, is dumb.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Biles getting a run for her money in the women's all around. All comes down to floor. The girl from Brasil has been awesome today. Not sure it'll be enough, but those 2 have separated themselves from everyone else.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:00 pm Biles getting a run for her money in the women's all around. All comes down to floor. The girl from Brasil has been awesome today. Not sure it'll be enough, but those 2 have separated themselves from everyone else.
Chicken dinner
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:31 pm
DeletedUser wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:00 pm Biles getting a run for her money in the women's all around. All comes down to floor. The girl from Brasil has been awesome today. Not sure it'll be enough, but those 2 have separated themselves from everyone else.
Chicken dinner
She's a beast on floor. What an exciting finish. Suni Lee is my fave. Bronze for her. That Brazilian girl killed it too.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Simone: I love my black job

awesomeness
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:32 am Simone: I love my black job

awesomeness
Had to beat a South American, ironically. Some Orange guy will probably be all over it.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

morocco?

0-4?

really?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they should mothball the usmnt.