Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Ugh.
chiknbut

Re: Iraqi militiamen breach U.S. embassy

Post by chiknbut »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:52 am Oh yes they can, and they will. You just wait.
Heavyweight-quality post right here!
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

"If you don't read the newspaper you're uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you're misinformed. There's a need to be first, not even to be true anymore."
-Denzel Washington

Last night as I switched back and forth between CNN and Fox News just to observe the difference in reporting (which i sometimes find myself doing during serious events) it was almost scary to see how differently it was being reported. Fox quick to say no deaths (particularly of Americans) and CNN reporting Iraqi deaths. CNN making it seem like our bases were actively under attack for most of the night (the attacks actually happened hours earlier), while Fox making it seem like these were no big deal and Iran missed on purpose as part of a publicity stunt to show strength to their people.

Where a person consumes their media completely shapes their view of the world. That's a huge responsibility for our mainstream media, and they need to be held accountable. CNN and Fox are more propoganda than news at times.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:02 pm I dont say this often but it seems trump handled the response to last nights strike appropriately and reasonably. Iran gave us an out to deescalate and we took it while still remaining ready. If there is another strike than all bets are off.
^^^
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:06 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:02 pm I dont say this often but it seems trump handled the response to last nights strike appropriately and reasonably. Iran gave us an out to deescalate and we took it while still remaining ready. If there is another strike than all bets are off.
^^^
^^^

“The Electoral College is DEI for rural white folks.”
Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

WhereTF is the "Trump's Got'em By the Balls!" thread?

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

WhereTF is the: "It's Not Easy Following A Malignant Narcissist Around and Trying to Create Coherent Policy to Fit His Paroxysms of Impulsivity After the Fact!", thread?

Derek Cressman
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Feral wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:30 pm WhereTF is the "Trump's Got'em By the Balls!" thread?

I learned this just a page or 2 ago. It could mean something.

Feral wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:27 pm There is a difference between a rocket attack and a missile attack.

Reports are of a second wave of launches now.
Don't get technical!
Last edited by Soklous on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am, I said.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

TDub wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:44 am
Quit lumping everything into one pot to support your views.
Actually, what I'm doing is reading what Feral has posted, as it's actually on the topic of the thread and not about this attempt to deflect from the "monumental blunder" that Trump made in taking out Soleimani.

Which, given how medicated Trump was during the briefing, he must realize what a mistake it was.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Soklous wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 pm
Feral wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:30 pm WhereTF is the "Trump's Got'em By the Balls!" thread?

I learned this just a page or 2 ago. It could mean something.

Feral wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:27 pm There is a difference between a rocket attack and a missile attack.

Reports are of a second wave of launches now.
Don't get technical!
So, Trump doesn't have them by the balls?
Derek Cressman
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:06 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:44 am
Quit lumping everything into one pot to support your views.
Actually, what I'm doing is reading what Feral has posted, as it's actually on the topic of the thread and not about this attempt to deflect from the "monumental blunder" that Trump made in taking out Soleimani.

Which, given how medicated Trump was during the briefing, he must realize what a mistake it was.

Interesting since it was a comment in the middle of several comments about my response to an ousdahl post. Feral was nowhere in there but you do you.

You can think it's a "monumental blunder", I'm not going to change your opinion. I happen to disagree.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:20 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:06 pm
^^^
^^^

Wait.

Trump gives military briefings now?

Are you sure?

O'course, Lee is right, but I didn't know about Trump's service. cuZ bONesPUrz!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Russia benefited substantially. Hardliners back in firm control. The US reeling throughout the middle east. Trump wanting to have the Iran Nuclear treaty back with his name on it. Peace plan rolled out. All roads lead to Putin. All of this argument about how much integrity can dance on Trump’s pin head is specious.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Derek Cressman
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump's cult of personality lap dog to the rescue:

Derek Cressman
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

...and now there's a through-line connecting Trump's distraction-by-assassination recklessness to the deaths of dozens of Canadians (along with a hundred or so additional civilians).
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

It's sad if people can be distracted so easily. You'd think the United States could walk and chew gum at the same time?

Although I think it's tough to blame Trump for Iran shooting down a commercial airplane...

The assassination of Soleimani wasn't the beginning of this entire ordeal (although it certainly escalated it... and in a way was the beginning of the end of it), there were prior actions taken by both sides in the weeks leading up to that. Iran's response sort of indicates they wanted the escalation to stop after realizing trump will straight up assassinate their military leaders if he gets the chance. Not saying Trump is correct in doing so, but it clearly made a statement to them, and they seemingly backed down after it if it's true they intentionally missed during their response.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:08 am ...and now there's a through-line connecting Trump's distraction-by-assassination recklessness to the deaths of dozens of Canadians (along with a hundred or so additional civilians).
Wait.

So...Iran fucked up and shot down a civilian airliner by mistake, and that's Trump's fault?

Are you sure?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto