pdub
Site Admin

Re: NBA draft

Post by pdub »

No.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:09 amNo.
Not seeing it (based on what I have seen of him in highlights/clips/old games)....but I was probably 7 or 8 when he retired, so maybe I am unqualified to have an opinion on him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:09 amNo.
Most of the time you are MUCH more knowledgable about Basketball than I am.
This is one of those times you aren't. ;)

I'll elaborate on my feelings/opinions when I have some more time.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He'd be a liability on defense in todays NBA - slow as molasses.
He did have a jumper which he could utilize.
I think he might start on a few bad teams.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 11:28 am He'd be a liability on defense in todays NBA - slow as molasses.
He did have a jumper which he could utilize.
I think he might start on a few bad teams.
First off, I am taking the argument side here. In hindsight, I don't feel you are wrong for feeling the way you do - despite what I said before.
I agree he would be a liability on defense (because he was slow) but have you ever seen the video of old him playing defense on young Shaq? I think he would play some good "interior" defense but yes, the quicker more athletic centers today would probably blow by him pretty easily in the "open court".
Yes, he had a jumper and was a very good "stretch 5".
He was an All-Star in the Kareem, Parrish, Moses Malone, Sampson, Hakeem, Ewing, era. That has to count for something - in regards to if he could would start on an NBA team today. Well, maybe not. WTF do I know?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

he'd start today, this is just one of those things where pdub makes like butter and gets on a roll
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I'll see your Muggsy Bogues video and raise you a Big BAD BOY Billy Lam telling the White GOAT to GTFOOH with that shit video. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdd8AzWK6gE
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Blocking a busted Larry Bird at the end of his career.
Thanks for sharing.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:25 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:55 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:35 pm paging randy.....
So tell us, where does the "rumor mill" have him going to?
He's going later in the 1st round so nobody knows how the draft will shake out at that point. And I always said I thought he'd stay in the draft, he was just gave returning to school a lot stronger consideration than initially expected
"he was just gave returning to school a lot stronger consideration than initially expected".
Initially expected by who/whom?
Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you? Why do you have an insistent need to make shit up?

Yes, you did say, " I dont expect furphy back."
Good for you but you also said....

"Rumor mill has it the likelihood of furphy pulling out of nba draft is beginning to look favorable".
AND
"And furphy coming back is picking up momentum".
AND
"But what once seemed like he was gone for good, there is now less certainty".
AND
"The feedback is making him consider coming back to KU for another year, more than he originally thought".

NONE of that was true. All BULL-SHIT that YOU made up or got from a source or multiple sources that are/were less reliable than Kenny Gregory from the free throw line.
All of it was true. But ultimately he decided he felt his best move was to stay in the draft. He weighed coming back to Kansas very strongly there for a bit tho, when the feedback he was getting was "potential late 1st round pick"

But none of it matters, he gone. Hope he finds a good home at the next level that gives him the right environment to develop in
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Anyone ever play bill laimbeers combat basketball?

I wouldn't mind brining him in to mentor hunter for the year. Hunter is already hated, might as well toughen him up
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:15 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 8:55 pm

He's going later in the 1st round so nobody knows how the draft will shake out at that point. And I always said I thought he'd stay in the draft, he was just gave returning to school a lot stronger consideration than initially expected
"he was just gave returning to school a lot stronger consideration than initially expected".
Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you? Why do you have an insistent need to make shit up?

"Rumor mill has it the likelihood of furphy pulling out of nba draft is beginning to look favorable".
AND
AND
AND
"The feedback is making him consider coming back to KU for another year, more than he originally thought".

NONE of that was true. All BULL-SHIT that YOU made up or got from a source or multiple sources that are/were less reliable than Kenny Gregory from the free throw line.
All of it was true. But ultimately he decided he felt his best move was to stay in the draft. He weighed coming back to Kansas very strongly there for a bit tho, when the feedback he was getting was "potential late 1st round pick"

But none of it matters, he gone. Hope he finds a good home at the next level that gives him the right environment to develop in
You should give some consideration in to getting help. I don't mean that as an insult.
I suffer from mental illness too.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:44 pm

AND
AND
AND

You should give some consideration in to getting help. I don't mean that as an insult.
"Hi, the guy that disagrees with me on a basketball message board referred me, says you do great work"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 6:18 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:44 pm

"Hi, the guy that disagrees with me on a basketball message board referred me, says you do great work"
That's a start! ;)

Here is my bottom line. I don't have much of a problem with people having different opinions and disagreeing.
I have a big problem with people who make up shit and try and pass it off as being factual. Maybe YOU didn't make up anything you said in regards to Furphy, and were just relaying what you read and heard, if so - I apologize and will cut you some slack, but the "fact" is, much if not most (or all) of what you posted wasn't true.

100% my fault for my continuously harping on it. That's a part of many of my mental issues. :D
I'm ready to move on.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

It was social media rumors.

Equally as (or more?) likely it was started by a college coach trying to do some negative recruiting than an NBA person.

I think Self was fairly certain Furphy was gone from the moment he declared. I do not think we'd have gotten commitments from Storr and Griffen if there was a chance of Furphy returning.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 6:54 am It was social media rumors.

I think Self was fairly certain Furphy was gone from the moment he declared. I do not think we'd have gotten commitments from Storr and Griffen if there was a chance of Furphy returning.
Logical.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nothing was made up on my end. It's all pretty logical. Furphy intended to go pro and declared. He got some feedback that made him question his decision more than he expected, and he weighed his options more seriously than he thought he would.

It's all due process really, there is nothing too outlandish or unexpected about any of it
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

randylahey wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 12:18 pm It's all due process really, there is nothing too outlandish or unexpected about any of it
Agreed.

(*Slow day out here on the golf course. Friday afternoons are amateur hour.* )
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well of course it’s amateur hour when illy’s out there