“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:02 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:32 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:08 pm One in Three Republicans Now Think Donald Trump Was Wrong Candidate Choice

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-r ... ll-1907298
I think the headline should have said - "One in Three Republican VOTERS Now Think Donald Trump Was Wrong Candidate Choice".

I happen to feel there were better choices but I am wondering how the question was presented.
I think people might have answered differently based on if they were asked would you have wanted a different candidate, or do you feel a different candidate would have a better chance to beat Biden (or the Democratic candidate)?
I saw Ken Buck on The Daily Show last night. When John Stewart wasn't talking over him he made a compelling case for his positions, which are reality based. One of his positions was that he is done with politics, from an elected official status. That is the Republican Party's loss.
Thanks for the link.
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

so, how about Jim Crow?

those were the days…

https://www.axios.com/2024/06/05/jeffri ... r-jim-crow
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I do think it'd be smart of Trump to have a black VP running mate.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

An “Uncle Tom” VP?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:09 am I do think it'd be smart of Trump to have a black VP running mate.
That will be a great feature with the release of his Apprentice racist tirade tapes.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:27 am An “Uncle Tom” VP?
Byron Daniel's wife is very active in Mothers for Liberty, the Christian Nationalist movement, and is associated with the Heritage Foundation. They live in Naples, Florida, where the rich White "conservative" Republicans eat that shit up.

Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Lynching was tough love? Just terrible optics. The GOP keeps pulling this racist reach out so Trump can plausibly rig the election- they love us! Harlem goes red!
Selling out is an evil all its own
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Is there anything about these "conservative" Republicans fascists that isn't a lie? (And don't expect the "liberal" mainstream media to make a big deal out of this, because if the election isn't close, they can't keep yelling "fire" 24/7/365.)

I read something similar to this a couple of weeks ago for a different rally.

Trump wasn't kidding, don't believe your eyes...

BREAKING: Trump Caught Paying People to Attend Rally

A Craigslist ad has been found offering payment for people to attend Trump's rally in Las Vegas today.

Remember the video from a few days ago where Trump was waving at a non-existent crowd? It appears EVERYTHING IS A FACADE.

The media wants you to think Trump has enthusiasm, but the facts say otherwise.

11:55 AM · Jun 9, 2024 1.6M Views

Marla Tauscher 🇺🇲🇺🇦 Real patriot, not MAGAt
@MarlaTauscher

I just checked Craiglist Las Vegas. The ad is still there.

1:22 PM · Jun 9, 2024

13.1K Views
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:39 pm Is there anything about these "conservative" Republicans fascists that isn't a lie? (And don't expect the "liberal" mainstream media to make a big deal out of this, because if the election isn't close, they can't keep yelling "fire" 24/7/365.)

I read something similar to this a couple of weeks ago for a different rally.

Trump wasn't kidding, don't believe your eyes...

BREAKING: Trump Caught Paying People to Attend Rally

A Craigslist ad has been found offering payment for people to attend Trump's rally in Las Vegas today.

Remember the video from a few days ago where Trump was waving at a non-existent crowd? It appears EVERYTHING IS A FACADE.

The media wants you to think Trump has enthusiasm, but the facts say otherwise.

11:55 AM · Jun 9, 2024 1.6M Views

Marla Tauscher 🇺🇲🇺🇦 Real patriot, not MAGAt
@MarlaTauscher

I just checked Craiglist Las Vegas. The ad is still there.

1:22 PM · Jun 9, 2024

13.1K Views
I am saying this as someone who would NEVER support (nor vote for) Donald Trump.
"Trump Caught Paying People to Attend Rally". No.
A. Trump himself probably isn't paying anyone to attend his rallies.
B. "A Craigslist ad has been found offering payment for people(plural?) to attend Trump's rally in Las Vegas today". Yes, in regards to semantics that is true but.... The ad clearly states, "Looking for someONE"..... "It would be a marketing promo".
C. Unfortunately there is PLENTY of enthusiasm for Trump. The "facts" prove it.
D. Between the current state of the Dems and the Pubs and their supporters, I am proud to say I am a non party committed American. Both suck and are an embarrassment to our country.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter wrote:D. Between the current state of the Dems and the Pubs and their supporters, I am proud to say I am a non party committed American. Both suck and are an embarrassment to our country.
^^^

Like Tdub says, there's no choice.

Meanwhile, one of the choices is meeting with their probation officer today, and the other one isn't.

Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:35 am
Gutter wrote:D. Between the current state of the Dems and the Pubs and their supporters, I am proud to say I am a non party committed American. Both suck and are an embarrassment to our country.
^^^

Like Tdub says, there's no choice.

Meanwhile, one of the choices is meeting with their probation officer today, and the other one isn't.

While not in the same league as The Donald, Corn Pop's nemesis has more than a few character flaws of his own.
Then again, we all have character flaws. Yes, Joe is the lesser of two evils. Unless you are one of the 100 million or so Trump supporters. Then Trump is the lesser of two evils. :?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i cannot bring myself to vote for either of them.

#@2028
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gutter proves that the disinformation messaging works. If you can't see a difference between a party with policies that benefit the country versus a party of autocratic hate run by rich oligarchs, you are obviously looking to be a crank. Health care, the environment, worker's rights, reproductive freedom versus the Inquisition.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:58 am Gutter proves that the disinformation messaging works. If you can't see a difference between a party with policies that benefit the country versus a party of autocratic hate run by rich oligarchs, you are obviously looking to be a crank. Health care, the environment, worker's rights, reproductive freedom versus the Inquisition.
Based on years of message board observance, Gutter appears to have a pathological need to be contrarian, as if it provides some sort of cachet. I could be wrong.

Just my $0.02
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Sparko wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:58 am Gutter proves that the disinformation messaging works. If you can't see a difference between a party with policies that benefit the country versus a party of autocratic hate run by rich oligarchs, you are obviously looking to be a crank. Health care, the environment, worker's rights, reproductive freedom versus the Inquisition.
"disinformation messaging"?
I am inundated with a lot more Democratic messaging than I am Republican messaging.
Does that prove Democratic "DISinformation" also works?

I can see the differences between the parties and that is why I prefer one over the other. The one I prefer is the one I am involved with and ultimately helping to varying degrees. That doesn't mean I feel it is without faults and not deserving of ridicule.

Shirley is 100% correct. I have a pathological need to be contrarian - on here. I prefer to engage people with my thoughts and opinions that may not be popular and conform. Guilty as charged.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't think the issue is the relative volume of the messaging, but the substance.

The purpose of false equivalency messaging - bothsidesing - is to attach Thing A's stink to Thing B. So that both Thing A and Thing B are perceived to stink more-or-less as much as each other. Even though Thing A is covered in Taco Bell diarrhea that is mixed with milk and then left in the sun for a week, and Thing B merely did a 12-mile bike ride thirty minutes ago and hasn't yet showered.

Frankly, I suspect Biden's performance in the big chair would be much more highly regarded if he was up against a normally-stinky candidate. Not Thing A.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Fish is spot on--the starkness of differences between parties does not lend it itself to the both sides be damned spirit. Biden's ice cream is not Trump's fascism. Too dangerous to pretend there isn't a stark choice--and better ones to follow if Republicans lose badly.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trump asking the tough questions:

Electrocution or shark?

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1799894705 ... er=atrupar
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:49 pm Trump asking the tough questions:

Electrocution or shark?

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1799894705 ... er=atrupar
It's not at all funny that I feel both Trump and Biden are mentally unfit to be the President. I think of them now. Then I consider they may be the President from January of 2025 all the way up until January of 2029. That's a frightening thought to me and why I said months ago that I truly feel who Trump picks as his running mate can very well be the difference between who is elected - and should be (and most likely will be) a major talking point leading up to the election. Problem is, Republicans and Democrats can NOT use the VP candidates it to their benefit without it looking like they don't fear the VP choices could inevitably become the President between January of 2025 and January of 2029. I'm wondering how many voters will take it in to strong consideration.

Sad that people have such strong allegiances to political parties and ignore that Trump and Biden are NOT the best their party has to offer US as a country, and both men are possibly (probably?) more of a danger to the future of this country than they are beneficial to the future of this country.
Shame on the enablers who have allowed this to happen.