Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is always someone else loosely affiliated with the campaign who is to blame. Yeah. Sure
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“Under Crooked Joe Biden, the world is in flames, our border is overrun, inflation is raging, Europe is in total chaos, the Middle East is exploding, Iran is emboldened, China is on the march, and the worst, most incompetent, most corrupt president in history is going to drag us into World War III,” Trump said.

:lol:

flail much?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:53 am
“Under Crooked Joe Biden, the world is in flames, our border is overrun, inflation is raging, Europe is in total chaos, the Middle East is exploding, Iran is emboldened, China is on the march, and the worst, most incompetent, most corrupt president in history is going to drag us into World War III,” Trump said.

:lol:

flail much?
Under Crooked Joe Biden, the world is in flames (No)
our border is overrun (Yes)
inflation is raging (KIND of WAS - not "is", maybe a bit up since last inflation report?)
Europe is in total chaos (not total but yes, definitely some chaos in parts of Europe)
the Middle East is exploding (not "exploding" but not good and getting worse)
Iran is emboldened (true)
China is on the march ("march"? I don't know. Maybe?)
and the worst, most incompetent, most corrupt president in history (no) is going to drag us into World War III (maybe).

That's actually pretty good in terms of it being an example of Trump accuracy.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

old uncle has done a $#!t job for sure. but i don't want 4 more years of the other guy either.

we just need to get to 2028 mostly intact.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:37 am old uncle has done a $#!t job for sure. but i don't want 4 more years of the other guy either.

we just need to get to 2028 mostly intact.
I would prefer 4 NEW years and not 4 MORE years of either guy but I'm not voting for (supporting) one of the alternatives.

MICH2028?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Biden has done a tremendous job. He came into office after a failed coups. A failed pandemic response. Soaring supply chain issues. An emboldened Iran, North Korea and especially Russia. Aweakened NATO. A weakened national image. And look at us now. Ukraine has survived. The economy is the best it has been in 50 years. Russia is beaten badly. Inflation has been brought to heal. Gutter is a salaried man. I will not stand by while false narratives and whining about Biden as not curing cancer takes center stage. It is pitiful. Take the win. Avoid Republicans.
Note: and he brought OPEC to heal

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2024/6 ... medium=web
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Truth.

It’s insane how many people claim that we can’t survive 4 years of Biden.

Yet, when pressed on why, they don’t really have an answer except the economy. Or, for some stupid reason, Afghanistan.

Complaining about the economy while picking up your 200k new monster truck so you can haul your new…larger boat truly takes balls.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I think "we" CAN survive 4 (actually 4 and half) more years of Biden but I'm not so sure Joe Biden is going to survive 4 more years - at his present level of competence. Heck, his present level of competence happens to be rightfully debatable at time.
I feel people are lying (to others and to themselves) if they don't have at least a little bit of trepidation
in regards to his physical and mental decline. I'm sorry, I don't feel that's a stupid reason for people to be concerned. I think it's an extremely valid reason.

As far as those who complain about the economy, I agree 100% it takes balls (and is ignorant) to complain about it while picking up their 200k new monster truck so they can haul their new larger boat.
Here is the kicker, a large percentage of Americans claim to be struggling - despite what Sparko refers to our having the best economy we have had in the last 50 years. I wish I understood what constitutes it being the "best" - and it being the "best" for who/m?
I hope I am wrong but I think there are going to be a considerable amount of people who voted for Joe Biden in 2020 who will not be voting for him in 2024. The question is how many people who didn't vote for him in 2020 will vote for him in 2024 and the same in regards to Trump.

Assuming they will both be running on November 5th, I won't be at all surprised if neither man gets more than 50% of the vote (*).
Think about that. There is a decent chance the majority of the people in this country will NOT be voting for the man who will become our President (assuming nothing happens between November 5th and January 20th/21st). Then we can have 50+% of the country bitching about an unfair election, the Electoral College system, and etc., etc., etc.

* I just looked. At least 5 elections in my lifetime someone didn't receive 50% or more of the vote. 2016, 2000, 1996, 1992, 1968.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:33 pm ...
Think about that. There is a decent chance the majority of the people in this country will NOT be voting for the man who will become our President (assuming nothing happens between November 5th and January 20th/21st). Then we can have 50+% of the country bitching about an unfair election, the Electoral College system, and etc., etc., etc.

* I just looked. At least 5 elections in my lifetime someone didn't receive 50% or more of the vote. 2016, 2000, 1996, 1992, 1968.
Remember that 50% of the VOTES is not 50% of the people. I doubt that 50% of all eligible voters have ever voted for one candidate in this country. Normally, there are only between 50-60% of eligible voters who bother to get off their ass and vote for ANY presidential candidate, let alone the same one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_tur ... _elections
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The electoral college has brought us minority ruling republican idiots and needs to be removed. It is a holdover from slavery. Need to animate the country away from garbage distractions. Border "crisis" when guns are clearly a real one for example. Health care. Pensions. Fair taxation to claw back the power of oligarchs who are closing in for the kill. But having fulltime disinformation outlets makes it hard.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:18 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:33 pm ...

Remember that 50% of the VOTES is not 50% of the people. I doubt that 50% of all eligible voters have ever voted for one candidate in this country. Normally, there are only between 50-60% of eligible voters who bother to get off their ass and vote for ANY presidential candidate, let alone the same one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_tur ... _elections
Kind of crazy to me that so many people don't vote. Especially when there tends to be other offices and things to vote for besides the President on Election Day.
I would like to know what percentage of people who vote on Election Day choose not to vote for the President. My guess is less than 2%.
When the Republican and Democratic choices are a Giant Douche or a Turd Sandwich I can understand why people don't want to vote for either candidate.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That Southpark crap doesn't hunt. There is a clear choice with a party that has real policies. And republicans. It is beyond moronic to channel whiny, maturity challenged, excessively wealthy Libertarians who made paper cartoon characters. Why do they care if you kill democracy?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. I don't need Joe Biden to do cartwheels on stage. I am not picking a 3 on 3 basketball team when I vote. I need him to appoint competent people to positions and respect their competence even if what they say is not what he expected or wanted to hear. I need a President who will lead us forward and not backwards.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:36 am Agreed. I don't need Joe Biden to do cartwheels on stage. I am not picking a 3 on 3 basketball team when I vote. I need him to appoint competent people to positions and respect their competence even if what they say is not what he expected or wanted to hear. I need a President who will lead us forward and not backwards.
^^^

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:36 am Agreed. I don't need Joe Biden to do cartwheels on stage. I am not picking a 3 on 3 basketball team when I vote. I need him to appoint competent people to positions and respect their competence even if what they say is not what he expected or wanted to hear. I need a President who will lead us forward and not backwards.
You and I may not need Old Balls Joey to do cartwheels on stage but you and I need (or at least want) Joe Biden to be able to stay awake and know what planet he is on.
You and I need (or at lease want) him to appoint competent people but I assume you and I realize that while who he appoints is important, what is equally important is that we DON'T have a Republican majority in Congress hell bent on opposing anything and everything brought before them buy Old Balls Joey and his appointees.
You and I need (or at least want) a President who will lead us forward and not backwards - unless "forwards" is in to a negative - with negative consequences.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:41 am
You and I may not need Old Balls Joey to do cartwheels on stage but you and I need (or at least want) Joe Biden to be able to stay awake and know what planet he is on.
You and I need (or at lease want) him to appoint competent people but I assume you and I realize that while who he appoints is important, what is equally important is that we DON'T have a Republican majority in Congress hell bent on opposing anything and everything brought before them buy Old Balls Joey and his appointees.
You and I need (or at least want) a President who will lead us forward and not backwards - unless "forwards" is in to a negative - with negative consequences.

I feel confident that he knows what planet he is on and that when important decisions are made that he is awake while making them. The optics of it don't matter to me. Policy matters and Biden's policies are more towards what I want than Trump's by a wide margin. Not 100% of everything that I want but again, of the options it is a far higher percentage.

YES, I would prefer my President not be 80+ years old. My parents are almost 80 and while they are still fiercely intelligent, I doubt they have the stamina to make it through the grueling schedule that a President must keep without making some adjustments. Frankly, I doubt I could do the job for 4 years. But I did not get a chance to vote in a meaningful primary so these are the choices I have and it's an easy choice to make.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

It seems simple:

Vote for the “way too old” guy. The guy who has shown an ability to be PRESIDENTIAL.

Or, the “not much younger” old guy who is hell bent on revenge and is perfectly willing to discard the principles that this country was built upon.

It’s no more complicated than that.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe Hillary could come to the rescue

lulz

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... th-dakota/
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

She won the first time. But for bots and swing states