Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:09 pm She won the first time. But for bots and swing states
swing states are fairly important....

you on the rigged election train now too huh

she won! he won!

so dumb, the divide of America gets deeper and dumber daily
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:41 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:36 am Agreed. I don't need Joe Biden to do cartwheels on stage. I am not picking a 3 on 3 basketball team when I vote. I need him to appoint competent people to positions and respect their competence even if what they say is not what he expected or wanted to hear. I need a President who will lead us forward and not backwards.
You and I may not need Old Balls Joey to do cartwheels on stage but you and I need (or at least want) Joe Biden to be able to stay awake and know what planet he is on.
You and I need (or at lease want) him to appoint competent people but I assume you and I realize that while who he appoints is important, what is equally important is that we DON'T have a Republican majority in Congress hell bent on opposing anything and everything brought before them buy Old Balls Joey and his appointees.
You and I need (or at least want) a President who will lead us forward and not backwards - unless "forwards" is in to a negative - with negative consequences.

Considering a good argument can be made that Joe Biden got more done in two years* than any president since at least LBJ if not FDR, your "old balls" schtick is even lamer than usual, and deserves a Gutter score of 10.

*And he did it with a senate that included only 48 Democrats, including "Democrat" Joe Manchin and "Democrat" (turned Independent) Kyrsten Sinema, plus two Independents. At the same time, the House Democratic majority consisted of only 4 votes. For reference, Republicans had a 4-vote majority at the beginning of 2022, and unlike Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats, they can't get shit done.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:58 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:41 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:36 am Agreed. I don't need Joe Biden to do cartwheels on stage. I am not picking a 3 on 3 basketball team when I vote. I need him to appoint competent people to positions and respect their competence even if what they say is not what he expected or wanted to hear. I need a President who will lead us forward and not backwards.
You and I may not need Old Balls Joey to do cartwheels on stage but you and I need (or at least want) Joe Biden to be able to stay awake and know what planet he is on.
You and I need (or at lease want) him to appoint competent people but I assume you and I realize that while who he appoints is important, what is equally important is that we DON'T have a Republican majority in Congress hell bent on opposing anything and everything brought before them buy Old Balls Joey and his appointees.
You and I need (or at least want) a President who will lead us forward and not backwards - unless "forwards" is in to a negative - with negative consequences.

Considering a good argument can be made that Joe Biden got more done in two years* than any president since at least LBJ if not FDR, your "old balls" schtick is even lamer than usual, and deserves a Gutter score of 10.

*And he did it with a senate that included only 48 Democrats, including "Democrat" Joe Manchin and "Democrat" (turned Independent) Kyrsten Sinema, plus two Independents. At the same time, the House Democratic majority consisted of only 4 votes. For reference, Republicans had a 4-vote majority at the beginning of 2022, and unlike Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats, they can't get shit done.
I'm not understanding your post. Is it a rebuttal? Did I write something/s that you are disagreeing with?
I would think you and most people on here would basically agree with everything I said.
Seems the * part of your post is pretty much in agreement with what I said in regards to the importance of NOT having a Republican Congress.

It may seem like it but my old balls schtick really has nothing to do with what he does (and doesn't) get done.
My old balls schtick has to do with the FACT that his age is a major factor and concern for people in regards to how they feel about him and his ability to lead our country for the next 4 and half years.

Sure he got a lot done in 2 years. There are are a lot of great (at least I feel are great) things he has helped get done for our country under his leadership. Kudos to him - and I sincerely mean that.
But...... For a lot of Americans, they care less about what you and I rightfully feel are the good things he got done and they care more about things that they feel have hurt them directly during his Presidency.
#1 being $. His "fault" or not, fair criticism or not, under his leadership there has been high inflation and a significant rise in the cost of living - including but not limited to ridiculous food and gas prices. Of course it could be/have been worse, of course it was/is worse in many/most other countries, but people are hurting here in the USA.
Some other things that many Americans feel he has done (or hasn't done) during his Presidency that are worthy of criticism are....
* We have had a major immigration crisis/problem.
* We have had a major crime crisis/problem.
* We have had a major homelessness crisis/problem.
* Sending billions and billions and billions and billions of dollars (weapons) to Ukraine and Israel. Their wars are far from over and are not close to being resolved. A lot of Americans don't support Ukraine and Israel. Many people feel the state of the world (Europe, Asia, the Middle East, etc.) is worse than it was before he was President.
* Student loan forgiveness - at who's expense?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"make America europe!"

vote old uncle for 24
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 9:11 am
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:53 am
“Under Crooked Joe Biden, the world is in flames, our border is overrun, inflation is raging, Europe is in total chaos, the Middle East is exploding, Iran is emboldened, China is on the march, and the worst, most incompetent, most corrupt president in history is going to drag us into World War III,” Trump said.

:lol:

flail much?
Under Crooked Joe Biden, the world is in flames (No)
our border is overrun (Yes)
inflation is raging (KIND of WAS - not "is", maybe a bit up since last inflation report?)
Europe is in total chaos (not total but yes, definitely some chaos in parts of Europe)
the Middle East is exploding (not "exploding" but not good and getting worse)
Iran is emboldened (true)
China is on the march ("march"? I don't know. Maybe?)
and the worst, most incompetent, most corrupt president in history (no) is going to drag us into World War III (maybe).

That's actually pretty good in terms of it being an example of Trump accuracy.
The world is not in flames.
The border is not overrun. Are there a lot of people who want to come to the US? Yes. But maybe we need to take a sec and think about what the term "overrun" actually means. If the border was actually overrun then there would be hundreds of thousands more people crossing with zero resistance from US LEO.
Inflation is not raging.
Europe is in no more chaos than they normally are.
The Middle East is no more explosive than they always are. Has there ever been a year where one Middle East group wasn't killing another Middle Eastern group? I doubt it.
Iran is emboldened (thanks in large part to Trump). https://www.murphy.senate.gov/newsroom/ ... a-disaster
China is not on the march.
We are not headed towards WWIII.

It is clear that Trump's campaign has simply chosen to inflame everything to the nth degree.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

we might be headed toward ww3
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:04 am we might be headed toward ww3
If WW3 happens 200 years from now and today passes then we "might be headed towards" WW3.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:45 am
If WW3 happens 200 years from now and today passes then we "might be headed towards" WW3.
I'm not worried about 200 years from now. Obviously that's not what I meant, I don't play the semantics game often
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 am
I'm not worried about 200 years from now. Obviously that's not what I meant, I don't play the semantics game often
We have probably had numerous times since WW2 where we were much closer to WW3 than we are today. It is not something that concerns me as a realistic option right now at all. But Trump's brain dead cult lap it up as yet another sign of the apocalypse (that isn't actually happening) that is required for them to justify voting for such a scumbag as Trump.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ok, that's great.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:26 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:09 pm She won the first time. But for bots and swing states
swing states are fairly important....

you on the rigged election train now too huh

she won! he won!

so dumb, the divide of America gets deeper and dumber daily
Psst: she won the popular vote by millions of votes. Every time I don't spell everything out exactly. Jeebus. Russian electoral interference through social media and the NRA accounted for the handful of votes leading to key losses according to experts--handfuls of votes literally. Trump will never win a popular vote.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think the whole program here is to accuse others of doing what you did (or, I guess, benefiting from what you benefited from).
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:55 am
We’re likely to see Civil War II before WWIII
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:33 am I think the whole program here is to accuse others of doing what you did (or, I guess, benefiting from what you benefited from).
For the record, the program should be a truthful recitation of the past. Hillary, like or hate her, won the popular vote convincingly. And the truth is, it wasn't enough thanks to the holes in our voting process which made disinformation a very valuable component to turning the margins in swing states. People were arguing with or supporting bots. And still are. Hence we have a conman racist who is still politically relevant vexing our future. We are at war with a shadow bot army, white supremacists, billionaire anarchists, and those immature fools who repeat "huh-uh!" The easiest freaking thing thing in the world to be is contrarian. The stupidest thing to be is a contrarian in the face of a tidal wave of disaster. Affirm the truth. Take the win. Move on.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:33 am I think the whole program here is to accuse others of doing what you did (or, I guess, benefiting from what you benefited from).
Kristi Noem is dum enough to go back on the Sunday morning shows to lend her support for Trump, but is relentlessly asked about shooting her dog and lying about meeting N. Korean leader Kim. Then, she pivots to "Law and Order" under Biden, and says we don't want to see another Jan 6th, while recommending Trump's election to avoid it. (Which, she has a point, since he's the only traitor who has ever tried to stage a coup after losing a presidential election.)

We don't want another Jan 6th...

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the country yearns for hilary.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The country urinates on Hilary.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Biden should show up to the debate and hand trump a DOC jumpsuit
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

As an old guy who should be savoring every day like it is his last, I find it strange to be hoping for the faster passage of time but November can't get here soon enough. I hope Trump loses and the Dems pick up enough Senate seats to make it clear that the GOP finally needs to flush Trump out of their party.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Anyone else catch when Trump was speaking in Philadelphia, if he was being honest and sincere (HA HA HA!) he was thinking out loud and asked the crowd.
"How should I handle him? Should I be tough and nasty.... and say you're the worst President in history. Or should I be nice, and calm, and let him speak".
I fully expect him to do/be both.
I also fully expect Biden to have multiple blunders.
Stay tuned.

Just remember, half of American voters are supporting the guy who said this about our current President....
“I say he’ll come out all jacked up, right?” “A little before debate time, [Biden] gets a shot in the ass, they want to strengthen him up.”