Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:09 am "Relax, it's a fucking joke".

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/stat ... 2643096016
That’s pretty good
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:32 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:09 am "Relax, it's a fucking joke".

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/stat ... 2643096016
That’s pretty good
^^^

I played that (but didn't watch it) about 45 minutes ago in the background while I was distracted, (helping Gutter with his 3 other things), and I was all "WTF"?

Glad Gutter posted it and I got to "watch" it, again.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Kinzinger released a fairly strong endorsement of Biden
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/maga-loses-o ... 34069.html

fact-checking in real time, apparently
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:21 pm Kinzinger released a fairly strong endorsement of Biden
^^^

Unlike what seems like nearly all other prominent Republicans who say they won't vote for Trump, he had the balls to say he would vote for Biden.

Maybe because it's the only other thing you can do that makes it less likely the US will become fascist?

Major props.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:18 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:21 pm Kinzinger released a fairly strong endorsement of Biden
^^^

Unlike what seems like nearly all other prominent Republicans who say they won't vote for Trump, he had the balls to say he would vote for Biden.

Maybe because it's the only other thing you can do that makes it less likely the US will become fascist?

Major props.
Look, he's in it for himself. He stands to benefit from this. But that does not make what he is doing wrong, and neither does it mean he is not ALSO acting with good intent.

This is a simple practical reality that often seems elude even a well-meaning observer.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:24 pm
Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:18 pm
^^^

Major props.
Look, he's in it for himself. He stands to benefit from this. But that does not make what he is doing wrong, and neither does it mean he is not ALSO acting with good intent.

This is a simple practical reality that often seems elude even a well-meaning observer.
Hard to know if choosing to end your political career while adding death threats from the Trump cult to your daily routine offsets the possibility of capitalizing* on the exclusivity of being that rare, reasonable, "conservative Republican"?

*Maybe he'll land a gig somewhere in media that will do the trick. Or, are you thinking of something else?
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I suspect he's already being paid handsomely by CNN. The tell is that, to my knowledge, he hasn't been appearing on the other cable networks.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:46 pm I suspect he's already being paid handsomely by CNN. The tell is that, to my knowledge, he hasn't been appearing on the other cable networks.
I think he used to appear on MSNBC, but if so I think that was a while back, now that you mention it.

I'm sure "it depends" on a long list of things, but I'd be really curious to know what people get paid to periodically appear on a network.

The hosts make ungodly amounts.
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:36 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:46 pm I suspect he's already being paid handsomely by CNN. The tell is that, to my knowledge, he hasn't been appearing on the other cable networks.
I think he used to appear on MSNBC, but if so I think that was a while back, now that you mention it.

I'm sure "it depends" on a long list of things, but I'd be really curious to know what people get paid to periodically appear on a network.

Ronna McDaniel's little unpleasantness revealed her contract to be for $300k annually. So I would guess that (low-mid six figures) is the going rate for maybe the second tier of regular contributors/guests; I would have to imagine the number is somewhat higher for the folks who appear damn near nightly.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:36 pm

tangential, but i was shocked to find out how much the Today Show anchors make

absurd
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

In my email box today....

Hi, I'm Adam Kinzinger. I'm a proud conservative. And yesterday, because of my unwavering support for democracy, I made an announcement:

I'm endorsing Joe Biden for reelection.

There's too much at stake to sit on the sidelines as Donald Trump threatens the future of America. He's called for "termination" of the constitution, continued to stoke political violence, and admitted he'll act as a dictator on "day one" if reelected.

The former president doesn't care about our country. He doesn't care about you. He only cares about himself, and he will do or say anything in pursuit of power -- no matter who it hurts.

So, here I am, a Republican asking millions of Americans to rush a donation to help reelect a Democratic president. Will you donate $25 or even more to President Biden's campaign before tonight's debate? We desperately need President Biden in the Oval Office to protect what makes this country great: our democracy.

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$25 >>
$50 >>
$100 >>
$250 >>
$500 >>
Other >>
My entire life has been guided by the conviction that America is a beacon of liberty, freedom, and democracy.

Donald Trump is an existential threat to every fundamental American value.

He won't defend democracy. He's a dangerous mob leader who attacked the foundation of our nation, encouraging a violent group of supporters to march on the Capitol to prevent the peaceful transfer of power.

I didn't just watch the insurrection on TV -- I lived through it. I felt the presence of evil on that day.

We can't retreat to our partisan corners. We can't sit quietly and hope that Donald Trump is defeated. No, now is the time to work together to be part of the solution. We all must take an active role in supporting Joe Biden's campaign, which is why I will ask you again: Will you pitch in $25 or any amount so President Biden has the resources to defeat Donald Trump?

I want my son, Christian, to be raised in a country where decency in the greatest office of the land still matters. I want him to be led by an honorable person, a person who tells the truth, who appeals to our virtues -- not our vices.

I certainly don't agree with President Biden on everything, but I know that he will always protect our democracy. And there's nothing more important than that.

Thank you for doing your part,

Adam Kinzinger
Fmr. U.S. Congressman
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lmao

Donald Trump's Niece, Mary Trump, Is Revealed as Joe Biden's Debate Guest: 'The Stakes Are Far Too High'

https://people.com/mary-trump-attending ... en-8670784
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s a shame this is where we’re at

however, there remains only one candidate who has the whole of our country in his best interests, and who has proven capable of surrounding himself with competent and well-intentioned people
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve heard a number of people say that the presidency is primarily about making decisions

who should be more trusted to make good decisions?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:16 am who should be more trusted to make good decisions?
i can't answer that because i don't have a crystal ball. and i don't know who will be running in 2028.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

after last night. i can appreciate that you are still fighting the good fight.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you will be the last demonrat left in his corner. be sure to shut off the lights when you leave.