Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
DeletedUser

Re: Jayhawks in the NBA

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:26 pm Devonte' on the move.

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/report-spu ... -z51TSKWgA
On the move to unemployment?

Lakers should sign him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DJax, Chalmers and super cool beas playing 3v3 on cbs
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:11 pm DJax, Chalmers and super cool beas playing 3v3 on cbs
Beasley is still pretty damn good. He's just a headcase so NBA teams gave up on him.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:31 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:11 pm DJax, Chalmers and super cool beas playing 3v3 on cbs
Beasley is still pretty damn good. He's just a headcase so NBA teams gave up on him.
he’s probably in the best shape out of the group

DJax putting up some numbers
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:58 am Furphy getting paid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9IBly0RPHF ... _copy_link
Not bad for a guy that fell out of the 1st round. 1.85 million

Not all 2nd rounders actually make a roster, so hopefully he fell to the right situation with a team that believes in his upside and development. That'll give him a chance to get his feet under him
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:31 pm
Beasley agrees with you.
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/lates ... 0his%20job.

Big difference between playing 3 on 3 ball against guys who aren't NBA players and playing meaningful minutes in an NBA game.
In other words, remind me what NBA team Dusan Bulut played for.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:39 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:58 am Furphy getting paid.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9IBly0RPHF ... _copy_link
Not bad for a guy that fell out of the 1st round. 1.85 million

Not all 2nd rounders actually make a roster, so hopefully he fell to the right situation with a team that believes in his upside and development. That'll give him a chance to get his feet under him
Didn't work out as well as it would have if he was a 1st rounder but he's on an NBA roster (for now) getting paid. Worked out ok. So far. Good for him. I don't know how it works in regards to if he can/will play G-League if he's not on a "two way" contract.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Parker braun is playing for the nuggets summer league team
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:04 pm Parker braun is playing for the nuggets summer league team
Yep. So where are the nepotism pundits with this one?

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Westbrook to the Nuggets?

No!

The Los Angeles Clippers sent Russell Westbrook to the Utah Jazz on Thursday in a sign-and-trade deal for point guard Kris Dunn.

The Jazz are expected to buy out the former NBA MVP’s contract so Westbrook can sign with the Denver Nuggets, according to ESPN.

Utah also got the right to swap second-round draft picks in 2030, the draft rights to center Balsa Koprivica and cash...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Yeah, the news made me think the Nuggets did it so if they don't win the championship in the next couple of years people can blame it on Westbrook. Now they have a scape goat.
That's sarcasm. Sort of.
I haven't been following the off season moves enough to know if the Nuggets "need" Westbrook.
Will he play alongside Jam Murray or will he come off the bench for Jam Murray?

P.S. I once had a bad case of Balsa Koprivica.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bummer.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:41 pm Yeah, the news made me think the Nuggets did it so if they don't win the championship in the next couple of years people can blame it on Westbrook. Now they have a scape goat.
That's sarcasm. Sort of.
I haven't been following the off season moves enough to know if the Nuggets "need" Westbrook.

He was signed to be the floor general for the 2nd unit from what I've read. My guess is a 22mpg type of guy? There is no reason to play him with the starters in an off ball roll. He does not thrive in that role as we've seen in the past.

But as a turbo boost of scoring rebounding and assists off the bench, I think he's a useful player for an already established contender.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DeletedUser wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:44 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:41 pm Yeah, the news made me think the Nuggets did it so if they don't win the championship in the next couple of years people can blame it on Westbrook. Now they have a scape goat.
That's sarcasm. Sort of.

He was signed to be the floor general for the 2nd unit from what I've read. My guess is a 22mpg type of guy? There is no reason to play him with the starters in an off ball roll. He does not thrive in that role as we've seen in the past.

But as a turbo boost of scoring rebounding and assists off the bench, I think he's a useful player for an already established contender.
Now that he's being paid something like 3 million a season, he's much less of a team wrecker.
I think he's a great dude to put in for the regular season grind to try and take over games you don't care about/can afford to loose and hope he does some Westbrook shit and gets you a win.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

That's sarcasm. Sort of.

That was the gist the article I saw, that he would come off the bench.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:34 am
That's sarcasm. Sort of.

Now that he's being paid something like 3 million a season, he's much less of a team wrecker.
I think he's a great dude to put in for the regular season grind to try and take over games you don't care about/can afford to loose and hope he does some Westbrook shit and gets you a win.
Agreed. I also think he's someone who can teach some younger players about energy and effort. He's got a great work ethic.

In playoffs he may only play 15min, but if he's okay with that, he's exactly the type of guy who can help win a series, even in limited minutes.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Didn’t Blake sit out for one of those big matchups?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:55 pm Kinda cool....

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9c896Pu ... gzOWU1Y3Bo
one of my favorites…gave him a tour of our lab when he first arrived on campus