Ugh.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 2024

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:59 am
TDub wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:47 am
jfish26 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:44 am

The problem with a switch to Pete has nothing at all to do with Pete, or anything at all with anything to do with Pete.
yea, just dumb this wasn't dealt with 2 years ago when, of everybody, those close should've have known better.
The problem was created before then.

My personal opinion is that Harris is an eminently-qualified VP who would be an eminently-qualified and very effective President.

But I do not think that is or was a majority view generally, and it may not even be (and may not ever have been) an 80%+ view in the party.

The party, then, finds itself in a major a dilemma of its own creation: you probably can’t win by elevating Harris. But can you win by passing over, or even replacing, her?
I agree the problem was created before then.

* My personal opinion is I was kind of surprised to read your second sentence.
* My personal opinion is Harris is only "eminently-qualified" in that she has served as the VP. Other than that, heck, I feel 190 year old Nancy fucking Pelosi is more "eminently-qualified" than Harris is - as well as other people.
* My personal opinion is that way too often Kamala Harris makes Sarah Palin come off as being smart. Don't get me wrong, I think/know Harris is smarter than Palin but my personal opinion is she doesn't come off as being any smarter to a lot of people. That's worrisome.
* My personal opinion is that "effective" is a very vague word. Yes, she might be a very "effective" President - in negative ways - as much if not more than in positive ways.

* My personal opinion is your third sentence is probably correct.
* My personal opinion is your fourth sentence is probably correct.
* My personal opinion is your fifth sentence is the multi million dollar question. My answer is, I'm afraid Dems would be damned if they did and damned if they didn't.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

She was the Attorney General and US Senator from one of the most diverse and complex and important states in our country. Whatever the bar for qualifications for VP, she was well over it.

I am aware of the questions that are out there as to how she attained those positions in the first place. I am uninterested in giving those questions oxygen.

Given how our system works, merit is only one consideration for how anything happens, and my opinion is that she has generally performed well in the roles she has had.

Would she be my pick? Probably not. But nor do I think she is some empty vessel.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we knew going into that debate that dt is the biggest jerk in the United States.

we knew the old man is old. We now know he does not have 4.5 more years left in his tank.

So what now are they going to do about it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:52 am She was the Attorney General and US Senator from one of the most diverse and complex and important states in our country. Whatever the bar for qualifications for VP, she was well over it.

I am aware of the questions that are out there as to how she attained those positions in the first place. I am uninterested in giving those questions oxygen.

Given how our system works, merit is only one consideration for how anything happens, and my opinion is that she has generally performed well in the roles she has had.

Would she be my pick? Probably not. But nor do I think she is some empty vessel.
You, me, and everyone else on here know/s you're A LOT smarter than I am.
I sincerely appreciate your sharing your opinions - and educating me.

This kind of blew my mind. I was getting ready to respond to your post before I read all of it and I was going to begin by saying.....

I have a few questions for you that hopefully you can/will answer.
I don't know what the bar is for VPs but I respect your feeling she was well over it due to her being the Attorney General and a US Senator from California. Absolutely, she probably is/was more "qualified" than many others to be a VP.
That being said, didn't she pretty much become Senator by default? Meaning, she ran against basically nobody. Maybe I am mistaken? If not, you probably could/would have been elected Senator. I would have voted for you. ;)

....And then boom, you addressed that in your second stanza.

I have my thoughts/feelings/opinions about Kamala Harris. Would I prefer her to be MY President over Trump? Probably if not definitely. Would I prefer her to be OUR President over Trump? Probably if not definitely.
My fear is that the majority of voters (more so those who will ultimately determine the electoral college results) would respond - probably not if not definitely not.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

9 out of 10 presidential elections, who the veep is don’t mean jack$#!t. if the old man stays in, who his veep is means something.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:55 am we knew going into that debate that dt is the biggest jerk in the United States.

we knew the old man is old. We now know he does not have 4.5 more years left in his tank.

what is YOUR party going to do about the pathologically lying felon?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:45 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:55 am we knew going into that debate that dt is the biggest jerk in the United States.

“Jerk” is both (1) about 4,327 on the list of 4,328 reasons to oppose Trump, and (2) not at all disqualifying in the first place.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

The sick thing, and embarrassing thing for the Dems, is that the Pubs probably don't have to do anything.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:03 pm

The sick thing, and embarrassing thing for the Dems, is that the Pubs probably don't have to do anything.
in a sense you’re absolutely right

they’ve sold their souls are are perfectly happy to have done so
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And of course the media holding the two candidates to entirely different standards helps that right along.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:23 am And of course the media holding the two candidates to entirely different standards helps that right along.
along this line…it seems like there’s at least a 3 to 1 (feels generous) difference in debate coverage, overwhelmingly about Biden’s performance

is this a symptom of the numbness we’re at re: trump’s lies?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:50 am
jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:23 am And of course the media holding the two candidates to entirely different standards helps that right along.
along this line…it seems like there’s at least a 3 to 1 (feels generous) difference in debate coverage, overwhelmingly about Biden’s performance

Yes.
It has been a known and unfortunately by too many people accepted truth that Trump is a chronic liar.
What is has been less of a known and unfortunately by too many people NOT accepted truth is that Joe Biden is mentally deteriorating at a rate that many in the media feel should be a concern to everyone.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:06 am

Yes.
It has been a known and unfortunately by too many people accepted truth that Trump is a chronic liar.
What is has been less of a known and unfortunately by too many people NOT accepted truth is that Joe Biden is mentally deteriorating at a rate that many in the media feel should be a concern to everyone.
i think you’re blowing his level of deterioration out of proportion, personally

i’m not under any delusion about the debate, but it was one awful night. his appearances since then (north carolina and the hamptons) have been, at least to me, more indicative of where he’s at mentally. we’ll see, obviously, which is closer to the truth of the matter in the coming months

what real-world situation does a “debate” mimic? particularly a debate like cnn’s?

if you agree that it’s been known that trump is a chronic liar, should it not also be known that Biden has been a pretty successful legislator despite whatever slippage he may have mentally?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:16 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:06 am

Yes.
i think you’re blowing his level of deterioration out of proportion, personally

i’m not under any delusion about the debate, but it was one awful night. his appearances since then (north carolina and the hamptons) have been, at least to me, more indicative of where he’s at mentally. we’ll see, obviously, which is closer to the truth of the matter in the coming months

what real-world situation does a “debate” mimic? particularly a debate like cnn’s?

if you agree that it’s been known that trump is a chronic liar, should it not also be known that Biden has been a pretty successful legislator despite whatever slippage he may have mentally?
Maybe I am blowing his level of deterioration out of proportion, being that I see first hand people who are his age who deteriorate on different levels but deteriorate none the less, and it frightens and upsets me. Meanwhile, they are not the President of the United States. He has shown obvious blatant deterioration. Don't think so? Look at and listen to him in 2019 and the debates in 2020. Then look at and listen to him now.

RIGHT! His appearances in NC and the Hamptons showed he can be "on". Which I believe (or at least want to believe) his is most of the time. The problem is he can be "off". Way "off" at times.

To me, the frightening and upsetting thing about the debate was to see the EXTREMES and how they switched on and off like a light bulb - and not knowing when and what may happen.
At the beginning he couldn't think straight. He couldn't verbally communicate on a normal level. I don't believe it can/should be blamed on his "stutter".
Then the man looked like he was in a daze, (and practically having a stroke) with his seemingly struggling to concentrate and struggling to keep one of his eyes open while it drooped.
At another point, after they came back from a commercial break and I assume he was coached, his eyes were so god damned wide open - without blinking - that again, I was worried he was going to pass out and/or have a stroke.

Yes, I feel it should be known that Biden has been a pretty successful legislator despite whatever slippage he may have mentally. I don't think he's been a great President but yes, he has gotten some/many good things done. The/a big question is, how many other people realize and think about that and know it?

I like Joe Biden. I think he isn't as saintly as people want to believe he is but I feel he is a MUCH more moral man than Donald Trump. I feel he's been an overall better President than Trump was. If I vote, I will vote for Biden over Trump because I would prefer 2024/2025 Biden over 2024/2025 Trump, but I am worried about 2024/2025/2026/2027/2028/2029 Biden. I will say it again, and again, and again, I will not be excited to vote for Joe Biden and I will vote for him primarily because I don't like the alternatives.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i don’t disagree
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The amazing resurgence of the country is really about the folks surrounding Biden. The worst part of Trump are the idiots and Nazis who make up his entourage, and Republicans writ "large" in Congress
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Sparko wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:54 am The amazing resurgence of the country is really about the folks surrounding Biden. The worst part of Trump are the idiots and Nazis who make up his entourage, and Republicans writ "large" in Congress
tried to make a similar point the other day

there is only one candidate that has a proven track record of surrounding themselves with competent and well-meaning people